Author Topic: CB Draft Eastern Semis: (1) Bulls vs. (4) Celtics  (Read 22838 times)

Re: CB Draft Eastern Semis: (1) Bulls vs. (4) Celtics
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 10:42:09 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Also let's not forget. My two All-Star in their prime bigs just beat Pau Gasol and Marcin Gortat. Now you want me to believe they get done in by Chris Bosh and Thad Young?

A) that's why I didn't vote for you last round. You shouldn't have won.

B) so your 4th seed barely scraped by a 5th seed. My team finished first in the division, the conference, and the league. They've been well rested, and just got done sweeping their first round opponent. Your team barely won its division, the weakest in the entire league, and barely won its first round matchups.

All the gifs and crappy photoshops in the world won't make up for the fact that you're a second round exit playoff team, any one smart trade away from true contention.

Clutch? We got that b role.
Playmakers? We got that b role.
Defenders? We got that b role.
3 elite talents who don't fit together surrounded by a crew of misfit malcontents with no real depth? NO! That's too specific! (but it does describe the Boston Celtics)

We got beef if we wanna slow it down, we got legs if they wanna speed it up, and we got elite defenders all over the roster (1,2,3, and 5 all placed on bball prospectus's all-defense team), and we've got 3 elite scorers who have all won a ring.

Your team is good, but you were one trade away. You're not the better team here.

Mod Love much?

Funny there are no call outs about Bosh at Center like during the draft. No critiquing any of the analysis I brought to the table.

I thought there wasn't a lot of quality basketball discussion and this is the best response we get? I came with statistics and resources.

I didn't just say your team isn't clutch. And my guy will break you guy's back with out an argument to back it up. I at least backed my posts up with evidence.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:51:07 PM by Kane3387 »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 10:46:12 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Well keep in mind fellas Im on my honeymoon sneakin phone time and risking a tongue lashing (not the good kind) everytime I post til she's asleep. I wish I could be more detail oriented here, but I just can't. My phone won't even let me sniff synergy sports. Not that my arguments are bad, but I've gotta do a lot of it piece wise and it's just tough.

Anywho, I'm likely done til afterthe deadline. If my arguments and my teams awesomeness didn't sway you, you're the one who has to live with being wrong, not me.

So I guess you get a free pass and everyone is supposed to give you the benefit of the doubt right? Congrats on getting married. Seriously that is awesome, but to use it as a crutch for why you can't post a decent rebuttal and response is pretty weak.

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 10:46:44 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I want this playoff extended a week, I'm loving it

« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
All I can say is Just read the thread and form your own opinion. It's not long. Analyze the match ups and look a the support given by both sides for why they feel their argument for their team is correct. That's all I ask. I do the same for everyone else.

Thanks.  :)

« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Well keep in mind fellas Im on my honeymoon sneakin phone time and risking a tongue lashing (not the good kind) everytime I post til she's asleep. I wish I could be more detail oriented here, but I just can't. My phone won't even let me sniff synergy sports. Not that my arguments are bad, but I've gotta do a lot of it piece wise and it's just tough.

Anywho, I'm likely done til afterthe deadline. If my arguments and my teams awesomeness didn't sway you, you're the one who has to live with being wrong, not me.

So I guess you get a free pass and everyone is supposed to give you the benefit of the doubt right? Congrats on getting married. Seriously that is awesome, but to use it as a crutch for why you can't post a decent rebuttal and response is pretty weak.

Meh, I think that's kinda weak. Ips done an admirable job responding in this thread during a time he really shoudlnt have. While I haven agreed with some of the phrasing
in the arguments, I think he's put up a good fight and I don't see him using his honeymoon as a crutch at all. Comic anecdote sure, or maybe just him being overtl apologetic for the lack of responses during a time he shouldn't be responding at all, but certainly not a crutch

« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Meh, I think that's kinda weak. Ips done an admirable job responding in this thread during a time he really shoudlnt have. While I haven agreed with some of the phrasing
in the arguments, I think he's put up a good fight and I don't see him using his honeymoon as a crutch at all. Comic anecdote sure, or maybe just him being overtl apologetic for the lack of responses during a time he shouldn't be responding at all, but certainly not a crutch

Yeah I am sure I didn't earn any points with that one. But that is how I interpreted this.

Well keep in mind fellas Im on my honeymoon sneakin phone time and risking a tongue lashing (not the good kind) everytime I post til she's asleep. I wish I could be more detail oriented here, but I just can't.

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
although i pick the bulls.....i think kane has won debating and supporting his stance.  well done kane.

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2012, 11:13:42 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Yeah I am sure I didn't earn any points with that one. But that is how I interpreted this.

Well keep in mind fellas Im on my honeymoon sneakin phone time and risking a tongue lashing (not the good kind) everytime I post til she's asleep. I wish I could be more detail oriented here, but I just can't.

I think you're getting caught up in a moment. Don't see it that way at all.

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2012, 11:47:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Jeez. Just wow man.

My rebuttals have been pretty decent. Your problem isnt me dodging your arguments. Your problem, like I told you during the draft, is building a team around Blake Griffin and Russell Westbrook without putting the right supporting cast around them. You needed one more trade.

And using my honeymoon as a crutch? Go on back there and add up the number of words I posted from my iPhone. Did I make it to 3,000 for a fake game? Did I, coach?

Really a pretty crappy thing to say, and pretty non-accurate. I've said a lot I've made pretty good arguments, and I've done it with a fair amount of style. More active, in fact, than a lot of GMs manage.

Offense taken, sir.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2012, 11:50:12 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

I think you're getting caught up in a moment. Don't see it that way at all.

IP I meant no offense. Really didn't. I was just saying what I felt and how I interpreted it. I like competing against you and it sucks you couldn't be more involved in the thread.

Of course I understand why. Lol I mean your priorities are definitely in order here. I did try to stay away to give you more time to respond.

Regardless of who wins. Good series and congrats on your union. Hope you found the one  :)

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Jeez. Just wow man.

My rebuttals have been pretty decent. Your problem isnt me dodging your arguments. Your problem, like I told you during the draft, is building a team around Blake Griffin and Russell Westbrook without putting the right supporting cast around them. You needed one more trade.

And using my honeymoon as a crutch? Go on back there and add up the number of words I posted from my iPhone. Did I make it to 3,000 for a fake game? Did I, coach?

Really a pretty crappy thing to say, and pretty non-accurate. I've said a lot I've made pretty good arguments, and I've done it with a fair amount of style. More active, in fact, than a lot of GMs manage.

Offense taken, sir.

I was definitely writing my last post above while this was being posted. I will PM you.

« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2012, 12:22:46 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
It's fine, no worries. We get caught up, and sometimes if we let our keyboards talk without thinking we can say some regrettable things. Consider it done.

And just so it's clear, if anyone votes for me because I'm sharing my joy over my nuptials and honeymoon, over how good you think my arguments or team is, don't. You are not doing me any favors, as if I win this thing I will lord it over all of you until 2014.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner