Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Eastern Conference Playoffs: (1) Bulls vs. (8 ) Knicks  (Read 9561 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Eastern Conference Playoffs: (1) Bulls vs. (8 ) Knicks
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Since no one has really been on this one ill ask a question

Is CelticsBlog the only one that does this type of draft or does other of the websites do this?

No Roy brought it over from Real GM. I think.

More accurately, CFF saw something similar on RealGM, and he and I took it and built it into what it is today.  Trades, press conferences, playoff matchups, voting, etc.

That first draft was CRAZY.  It's been refined over the years, which is a good thing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Since no one has really been on this one ill ask a question

Is CelticsBlog the only one that does this type of draft or does other of the websites do this?

No Roy brought it over from Real GM. I think.

More accurately, CFF saw something similar on RealGM, and he and I took it and built it into what it is today.  Trades, press conferences, playoff matchups, voting, etc.

That first draft was CRAZY.  It's been refined over the years, which is a good thing.

First one was really, really fun since no one knew what the heck was going on.  There was no idea of what or what didn't construe value when it came to trades and stuff. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Still I think this is a close serie

;D

and to be honest CROTOR create this game
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
IP doesn't have Monta Ellis. The end.  ;D

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Team CHI:

Guards: Dwyane Wade, Jrue Holiday, Jarret Jack, Jeremy Lamb, Jimmy Butler, Alexey Shved
Forwards: Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Thad Young, Chandler Parsons
Centers: Brendan Haywood, Tiago Splitter, Nikola Vucevic

Team NY:

Caldaron,Ellis,Leonard,Durant,Jordan
Brewer,BBD,Mozgov,maggette,Haslem
Meeks,Babbit,Warrick

Posted the two rosters like this to get a look at both.

If Pierce and Wade could presumably be healthy, I like CHI in this matchup. But factor in health and this could be a cause for concern.

I think Bosh will cause a LOT of bigs in this format matchup problems, in that he's long, athletic, and quick. I had issues with him stepping up as a leader, but he showed me a lot in the 2011 Finals. Even though MIA lost, he played rather well and with some intensity from what I saw.

CHI could play Bosh at Center in stretches, too. Such a matchup, vs DeAndre, would cause NY problems.

I like NY's Offensive Two with Durant and Monta. Calderon is a good distributor and floor general and I think could make those two effective.

I like Glen Davis, Brewer and Haslem off of NY's bench. Davis had a HUGE playoff series vs Indy and Roy Hibbert, and if he's given enough minutes he could pose problems in this matchup.

Outside of perhaps Hakeem Warrick, I don't see anyone slowing down Bosh, much. On the flip side I don't see anyone slowing down Durant, either.

Wade and Pierce are, IMO, on the decline. But they are still top players. I'd still rate PP as a top 5 SF, and Wade as a top 2 SG - if healthy.

I wouldn't call this series a sweep by any means, but I think CHI could prevail if healthy.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:11:02 PM by GreenFaith1819 »

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 10:57:14 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
bulls

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 11:18:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 11:22:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Bulls in 6.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Some people have addressed the health siruarion for Chicago but as IP stated in his presser, both Wade and Pierce were going to be under strict minute limitations during the regular season. The regular season is over and the Bulls had the best record in the league. Therefore, it has to be assumed the Bulls remained healthy.

So let's also assume NY is healthy. So lets look at the position matchups:

Center: Haywood and Splitter with Bosh as well vs Jordan, Davis and Mozgov

Bosh's inclusion here makes this a slight favor for the Bulls. Haywood is pretty much just the older version of Jordan. Splitter probably can't stop Davis from doing what he does best, moving him off rebounds, collecting charges, setting picks, hitting the occasional outside shot, but then again, Davis can't stop Tiago from blocking shots, running the floor, and being a good rebound once he does get good position. Bosh in a small ball lineup can take all these guys out of the paint, hit the 18+ foot jumper and beat them all decisively on the defensive end. Advantage Bulls.

Bosh, Young versus  Davis, Haslem Davis and Maslem have the tenacity but Bosh and Young the athleticism and talent. Given that in some small ball lineups you might even see some Paul Pierce here, this goes decidedly in the Bulls favor as Pierce playing the 4 in small ball lineups would cause massive mismatches with his ball handling, passing and ability to drop bombs for 24 feet. Advantage Bulls.

Pierce, Parsons versus Durant, Maggette, Brewer. No one in the planet except LeBron can guard Durant and even then Durant is getting 30. For everyone else you hope to body up Durant, deny him the original pass and hope to frustrate him into an ineffective night where he still scores 30 or more. If anyone can do that its Pierce. It might be at the loss of his offensive production but Pierce and Parsons have that ability. We have seen Pierce do this to LeBron in the past, Still big advantage here for Knicks.

Wade, Shved versus Leonard, Ellis, Brewer. Leonard is a fairly good defender against small forwards. Against THE elite SG in the game, he will get eaten up and chewed out. Wade is stronger than Leonard, faster than Leonard, quicker than Leonard and smarter than Leonard. Ellis is a chucker. He's an inefficient chucker. And if people have been frustrated with how Westbrook would put the ball in Durants's hands, wait until you see Ellis taking a look at Parsons and Pierce denying Durant the ball at first look and Ellis completely ignore Durant in the offensive end. Shved will be lucky to see 4 minutes a half. Wade is an ironman during the playoffs and will dominate this matchup. Big advantage Bulls.

Calderon and Ellis versus Holiday and Jack. This is very even until one considers just how poor a defender Calderon is. The knicks my as well be playing 4 versus 5 on the defensive end. And as seen in the Olympics, Calderon can be taken completely out of his game with one the ball presser which both Bulls guards have the ability to do. When Ellis has to run the show, things get easier because he will attempt to involve Durant, until his first bad pass because Durant will be having the ball denied, and then he will go into Ellis mode, which is being the inefficient chucked that he is. Advantage Bulls.

Bulls have to many smart, experienced, talented players that are all plus to elite defender. They also have a devastating small ball lineup in Holiday/Jack/Wade/Pierce/Bosh that New York would get killed trying to matchup against. Talent, smarts athleticism win out here. Bulls in five but could sweep if Ellis happens to offset Durant's huge 45 point night by not shooting in the fourth and going 0 for 11 in that quarter.

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 07:40:35 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Bulls probably in 5-6.  Just too much
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 07:49:12 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Bulls

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14