Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Eastern Conference Playoffs: (2) Pistons vs. (7) Magic  (Read 16217 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Eastern Conference Playoffs: (2) Pistons vs. (7) Magic
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2012, 07:41:56 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Im going to give the edge in 7 to the pistons.  I think this will be a close series though
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Pistons. Too much CP3

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2012, 11:04:30 AM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
Pistons. Too much CP3

People are putting too much stock in to CP3. Pistons have no scoring off the bench. Outside of CP3 the really dont have anyone who can create their own shot. I think Amare runs wild all over their bigs. I pry would try to imploy a line up of:

Pg:Teague/Williams
Sg:Marvin Williams
Sf:Deng
Pf:Amare/Odom
C:Magee/Amare

I also have a guy who scored close to 20pts a game coming off my bench in Thorton.
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2012, 11:07:46 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Pistons. Too much CP3

People are putting too much stock in to CP3. Pistons have no scoring off the bench. Outside of CP3 the really dont have anyone who can create their own shot. I think Amare runs wild all over their bigs. I pry would try to imploy a line up of:

I also have a guy who scored close to 20pts a game coming off my bench in Thorton.

How do envision Thornton playing off of Teague and/or Mo Williams. Won't thornton being a playing with either one when he is in? I expect he will see heavy minutes right?

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
Pistons. Too much CP3

How do envision Thornton playing off of Teague and/or Mo Williams. Won't thornton being a playing with either one when he is in? I expect he will see heavy minutes right?

Thorton will see heavy minutes. I think he would play nicely off of Teague. Would probably play nice fo Mo Williams to. I see Thorton getting a lot of open 3's with detorit having to double up on Amare. If you look statistcally at Amare's numbers against detroits three main bigs Amare dominates all of them.

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Pistons. Too much CP3

Thorton will see heavy minutes. I think he would play nicely off of Teague. Would probably play nice fo Mo Williams to. I see Thorton getting a lot of open 3's with detorit having to double up on Amare. If you look statistcally at Amare's numbers against detroits three main bigs Amare dominates all of them.

I think Amare is the best big man in the series. I can see him getting guys shots.  I think Thornton should play heavy minutes too. Why do you think Thornton would play nicely off your two guards? Why do you want him off the bench and not starting? Do you plan on him finishing games?

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
Thorton coming of the bench is more of a move to add score to my bench. Henderson is a better defender I think.

I just added to total ppg last season of the top 10 guys from each team.

I get 121.7 for Detroit
I get 129.8 for Orlando

Thats with Odom Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty year which he wont repeat so I think my team would win this series.

I also plan not having a very set rotation. The Magic feel they are a legit 13 players deep and will use all of them in the playoffs as well. This will keep my guys fresh and focus and will make my team that much stronger to close out games.

I wouldnt even count out running a full court press for parts of the game. Yes I know they have CP3 but if we make him work to get the ball over he wont have time to operate and he'll tire out.

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2012, 06:01:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Raw PPG aren't very meaningful in this format.

The reduction in teams (from 30 to 24) means you're going to get less shots for the players that are rotation worthy.

Additionally pace and effiecency are important and neglected by such analysis.

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
Raw PPG aren't very meaningful in this format.

The reduction in teams (from 30 to 24) means you're going to get less shots for the players that are rotation worthy.

Additionally pace and effiecency are important and neglected by such analysis.

I actually don't plan on having any of my guys number of shot attempts drop. Like I have said from the beginning we hae 13 legit guys who could would be starters or close to starters (Mullins and Larry Sanders) that will see playing time.

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2012, 06:23:53 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Ridnour and Foye can run an offense. Fields, Ridnour, Martin, Budinger, Hill, Johnson can all score and that's just our bench.

CP3 is the key but Nene, Matthews, Granger and Ersan will provide plenty of scoring options. Plus they work well together. You have floor spacers, outside shooting, penetrators and low post scoring.

Mullens and Sanders aren't starters. Odom and Cater are coming off their worst seasons. Thornton puts up numbers for a bad team. Marvin Williams has been average for his career and isn't a shooting guard.