Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Eastern Conference Playoffs: (2) Pistons vs. (7) Magic  (Read 16223 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Eastern Conference Playoffs: (2) Pistons vs. (7) Magic
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Orlando, how do you defend Matthews and Granger from outside? Matthews has shot over 50% from the field and over 40% from three against Thornton, while Granger has shot over 40% from 3 against Deng?

Detroit's wings have been very effective from the outside versus your wings and you not only have to stop that you have to deal with Paul (Which Teague has not been able to do) and Nene inside.

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 08:37:55 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
I'd have to give an edge to Amare in this matchup - especially if he comes back healthy.

But on the flip side, CP3's team gets a bump from him because he makes them better. He will be a load for just about anyone.

Will Amare ever be healthy again?

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
I'd have to give an edge to Amare in this matchup - especially if he comes back healthy.

But on the flip side, CP3's team gets a bump from him because he makes them better. He will be a load for just about anyone.

Will cp3?
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 08:40:58 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
Orlando, how do you defend Matthews and Granger from outside? Matthews has shot over 50% from the field and over 40% from three against Thornton, while Granger has shot over 40% from 3 against Deng?

Detroit's wings have been very effective from the outside versus your wings and you not only have to stop that you have to deal with Paul (Which Teague has not been able to do) and Nene inside.

Where r ur facts?

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders

Where r ur facts?

Basketball Reference.

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders

Will cp3?

Paul's been healthy the past two years and was healthy this past year when he was All-NBA.

Amare on the other hand struggled with injury last year.

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
Amare will be fine. As for your wings I wouldn't hesitate to play some line up consisting of carter, Marvin Williams and deng.

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 08:53:02 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I believe Amare will come back strong next season. He's reportedly been working out with Hakeem, and he would've had his family issues behind him. Don't forget he had to deal with the passing of his brother and various other dings and scratches.

Amare will be back. He's still got some effective yrs left in him.

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 08:57:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm not sure how much of Amar'e's decline to assign to a variety of factors:

1. No Steve Nash making his life easy (I guess you can use his first NY year numbers for this)
2. Not playing C offensively
3. Injuries

Given that you have Teague/Mo Williams, aren't playing him at C full time, and he's a year older I'm not sure how much more effective Amar'e would be for your team.

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
PG: (whoever)
SG: Marvin Williams
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Lamar Odom
C:  Amare Stoudemire

Would be a pretty cool combination. Two 6-9 wings and two 6-10 big men. Marvin, Deng and Odom can defend multiple positions. Lots of rebounding between the three of them. Can create mismatches offensively.

I think Marvin Williams can get a lot of joy posting up smaller twos. Always liked it when Atlanta was able to get those mismatches.

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 09:12:04 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
Amare will be fine. As for your wings I wouldn't hesitate to play some line up consisting of carter, Marvin Williams and deng.

Who guards the 4?

We could counter with Granger at the 4, Fields at the 3 and Matthews at the 2.

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 09:15:03 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
Amare has a bulging disk in his back. Players are never quite the same after you have such an injury.

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 10:45:59 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Sorry I haven't been able to comment much on this matchup. I think it'd be a fun one to watch, due to similarities of personnel, namely Nene-Amare and Deng-Granger.

I think Detroit has perhaps the biggest advantage in this series: Chris Paul is going to be a load for Teague and Mo Williams to handle on both ends of the court.

The Amare-Nene and Deng-Granger matchups look to be a statistical wash, more or less. Even if the Orlando forwards manage an average scoring margin of +10 over their Pistons counterparts during the course of the series (as their historical matchups suggest), I'm not sure where else the Magic can find the offensive firepower to keep pace with Detroit. Ilyasova, in particular, will draw his man--either Amare or McGee--away from the hoop, allowing Paul plenty of opportunities to penetrate and either dish or take the ball to the rack.

McGee is not a scorer. Neither is Henderson. Neither Teague nor Mo Williams have scored much, historically, on Paul. I think the Orlando starting five will be fortunate to keep pace with Detroit's. Detroit's bench (namely in Fields, Martin, and Budinger) also possesses defensive toughness, efficiency, and athleticism that the Magic (Carter, Marvin Williams, Odom) will be hard pressed to match.

I think Detroit holds home court throughout the series, and steals one road game from Orlando as well.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 10:50:20 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i think detroit wins this series

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 11:29:42 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Pistons, in 5.

Too much talent as perfect fit Detroit is.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace