Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft (4)Celtics Vs (5)Wizards First Round Matchup  (Read 61460 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft (4)Celtics Vs (5)Wizards First Round Matchup
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
This past season.

Game 1
Westbrook - 28 points, 11 assts, 7 stls, 6 rebs, and .500 fg%
Curry - 15 points, 6 assays, 2 stls, 2 rebs, and .375 fg%

Game 2
Westbrook - 31 points, 7 assts, 2 stls, 1 rebs, and .571 fg%
Curry - 16 points, 10 assts, 2 stls, 7 rebs, and .777 fg%

Game 3
Westbrook - 18 points, 3 assts, 3 stls, 3 rebs, and .583 fg%
Curry - 11 points, 4 assts, 0 stls, 2 rebs, and .307 fg%

Westbrook left game 3 with an injury in the third qtr.

Curry can't stop Westbrook and no one else on this team can either.

Curry and Wallace will stop Westbrook lets also remember that Westbrook will be playing 40 minutes while Curry plays 30 so Curry will have the energy and if Westbrook is going to take 20 shots to score 23 points im cool with that :)

Except Westbrook's fg% again Curry is great. It's about the matchup. Not like Russ played Curry every game, so that number is irrelevant. It's about how Westbrook did against HIM not the entire league.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2012, 03:51:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
This past season.

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

That's what I thought.  While you do have the 3 most relevant games, it is still only a 3 game sample you have here.  The 7 games prior paint another picture.  Think about where Boston stood against Miami after game 5...  You're argument is more sound than the Bos/Mia one, but still not enough for me.  What you do have going for you is my pure intuition... that Russ is just too darn explosive.

Those other games were pre-injury to his ankle which he has had multiple surgeries on the past year. The sample size shows Curry's ability post injury. And it's not that good. After all those surgeries to the same foot you have to expect it's not as strong as it was and limits him.

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
This past season.

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

Curry and Wallace will stop Westbrook lets also remember that Westbrook will be playing 40 minutes while Curry plays 30 so Curry will have the energy and if Westbrook is going to take 20 shots to score 23 points im cool with that :)

WHY?

You can't just say something will happen. BACK IT UP!

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Curry has shown he can't defend Westbrook. Neither Wallace and I doubt he has the athleticism to do so.

Put Wallace on him though. Then who is he defending? One of my 6ft 8 inch SFs? Fine clear out and post up or iso that matchup. Too little and scrawny to defend one of my wings.

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
What are the defensive matchups for the Celtics in the backcourt?

Is Richard Hamilton covering JR Smith?

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2012, 03:55:50 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
sorry double post

DKC Utah Jazz

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I don't think Gerald Wallace has an advantage over Ron Artest.

I think Artest can match G.Wallace's physicality and speed + I don't think G.Wallace's skill-level (offensively) is high enough to take advantage of a defender of Artest's ability when lacking a major physical advantage over his opponent.

I think this matchup is neutral.

I agree.  I see MWP's aggressive play bringing down Crash's energy level.  I don't expect Crash to be much of a factor.  Nor do I see MWP being one.

I'm leaning Boston, but I think Lou Williams and co. are going to give Washington a lot of problems in the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarters.

That and Stephen Curry has balled against Westbrook in their 10 career matchups much better than I would have expected him to.  My intuition would have led me to elieve that Westbrook would completely dominate him until I looked at that matchup.

Not so sure anymore...

I hope you mean Lou Williams is going to give Boston problems, also i think our depth is better than theirs and we will have Wallace help Curry out with Westbrook so Westbrook will either have to take tough shots or pass the ball to Ron.

Lou Williams will hurt you on defense and take away from better options on Offense. Boston will be in transition quite a bit when guys like Smith, Beasley, and Williams are jacking shots. I mean where does all the shots come from for these guys who only know how to contribute by scoring?

I wouldn't be too concerned with DJ Augustin, Gerald Green, S Jackson, T Robinson, and Aaron Gray killing me on the fast break over the course of a series if I were the opposing team.

Lol that is so true action :) Now i see that you meant that Williams and our backups will give boston problems :)

My backups will barely play. I have my Big 3 playing around 40 minutes a game  :D

Even better my fresh legs guys against your big 3 :D

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2012, 03:57:56 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Curry has shown he can't defend Westbrook. Neither Wallace and I doubt he has the athleticism to do so.

Put Wallace on him though. Then who is he defending? One of my 6ft 8 inch SFs? Fine clear out and post up or iso that matchup. Too little and scrawny to defend one of my wings.

No Wallace will help Curry by leaving Ron Artest open as i dont have a problem with Artest shooting from downtown the whole game :)

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2012, 04:01:30 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell

No Wallace will help Curry by leaving Ron Artest open as i dont have a problem with Artest shooting from downtown the whole game :)

World Peace shot 14 for 36 from 3pt in last year's playoffs. 39%.

DKC Utah Jazz

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

I dont have a problem with that unless he makes 3 in a row thats our game plan

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
I'm starting to talk myself into the Wizards here, but I want to give Kane an opportunity to respond.

In the front court, I'm not sure that Artest is going to hurt the Wizards much if they use Wallace as a primary helper to shut down Griffin.  I think a Gortat / Gasol / Wallace front line can largely neutralize the Blake / M. Gasol lineup.

In the back court, Westbrook is clearly the best player.  However, Curry will make him work, and I trust Williams/Smith/Billups more than I do Rip/Jackson.  Again, Wallace's ability to roam off Artest will at least cut off some of Westbrook's penetration.

Basically, I see Artest as worthless in this series.  I wish Boston had a better wing to play in front of him, but I'm not sure that Jackson is the answer. 

From Washington's end, I'm not sure why they're playing a zone, as it seems gimmicky and unnecessary.  I think if they just play straight up defense and allow Crash to do what he does best on that end, Boston could have some issues.

I need to think on this more, though, and I'd especially appreciate Boston weighing in on how to lessen Wallace's impact on defense.  I agree with Who that Wallace won't be a huge factor on offense, but I do think he'll contribute more on that end than Ron Ron.  However, I see Wallace with the potential to be really disruptive to what Boston wants to do.

Gerald Wallace can't keep up with Blake at this point. Blake will overpower and elevate over him. Blake is very good at moving inside the paint and getting hooks. Plus then what? You remove Gasol or Gortat? I will take Artest out and put in Jackson or Rip. You want Gasol defending Jakson on the perimeter in a clear out or him chasing Rip off screens?

How can you trust a 37 year old coming off a season ending Achilles injury? Trust them to do what exactly though? Play defense? JAck up shots? Smith is horrible and no one wanted him but NY. Willaims brings nothing to the table but scoring. They hurt the inside game buy chucking shots and helping me get out in transition. All shoot the ball poorly and don't defend.

Artest neutralizes Wallace and brings a tenacity that intimidates others. Say what you will but there is no DOG on Washington. Intimidation is a factor and Artest will be making his presence felt while on the court.

Good luck getting any real strategy or responses out of Washington.

Their strategy is say as little as possible and thus avoid critique. I don't play like that. I'm not scared.

PEOPLE FEEL FREE TO  QUESTION WASHINGTON AND HIS STRATEGY...

I MEAN A ZONE?

NOTHING ON HIS CHEMISTRY AND BALL MOVEMENT WITH ALL THESE SCORE ONLY PLAYERS?

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

I dont have a problem with that unless he makes 3 in a row thats our game plan

THAT'S A GAME PLAN?

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
I'm starting to talk myself into the Wizards here, but I want to give Kane an opportunity to respond.

In the front court, I'm not sure that Artest is going to hurt the Wizards much if they use Wallace as a primary helper to shut down Griffin.  I think a Gortat / Gasol / Wallace front line can largely neutralize the Blake / M. Gasol lineup.

In the back court, Westbrook is clearly the best player.  However, Curry will make him work, and I trust Williams/Smith/Billups more than I do Rip/Jackson.  Again, Wallace's ability to roam off Artest will at least cut off some of Westbrook's penetration.

Basically, I see Artest as worthless in this series.  I wish Boston had a better wing to play in front of him, but I'm not sure that Jackson is the answer. 

From Washington's end, I'm not sure why they're playing a zone, as it seems gimmicky and unnecessary.  I think if they just play straight up defense and allow Crash to do what he does best on that end, Boston could have some issues.

I need to think on this more, though, and I'd especially appreciate Boston weighing in on how to lessen Wallace's impact on defense.  I agree with Who that Wallace won't be a huge factor on offense, but I do think he'll contribute more on that end than Ron Ron.  However, I see Wallace with the potential to be really disruptive to what Boston wants to do.

Gerald Wallace can't keep up with Blake at this point. Blake will overpower and elevate over him. Blake is very good at moving inside the paint and getting hooks. Plus then what? You remove Gasol or Gortat? I will take Artest out and put in Jackson or Rip. You want Gasol defending Jakson on the perimeter in a clear out or him chasing Rip off screens?

How can you trust a 37 year old coming off a season ending Achilles injury? Trust them to do what exactly though? Play defense? JAck up shots? Smith is horrible and no one wanted him but NY. Willaims brings nothing to the table but scoring. They hurt the inside game buy chucking shots and helping me get out in transition. All shoot the ball poorly and don't defend.

Artest neutralizes Wallace and brings a tenacity that intimidates others. Say what you will but there is no DOG on Washington. Intimidation is a factor and Artest will be making his presence felt while on the court.

Good luck getting any real strategy or responses out of Washington.

Their strategy is say as little as possible and thus avoid critique. I don't play like that. I'm not scared.

PEOPLE FEEL FREE TO  QUESTION WASHINGTON AND HIS STRATEGY...

I MEAN A ZONE?

NOTHING ON HIS CHEMISTRY AND BALL MOVEMENT WITH ALL THESE SCORE ONLY PLAYERS?

LOL YOUR GAME PLAN IS TOO TALK BAD ABOUT THE OTHER TEAM THAT IS NOT A REAL GAME PLAN WE ARE PLAYING MAN TO MAN MOSTLY AND SOMETIMES PLAYING ZONE

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2012, 04:10:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Artest was playing with a pinched nerve in his back for half the year. He was hurt.

World Peace said his invisibility came from a nerve problem in a leg that is just now clearing. He said he had to give offensive players too many angles, because he was incapable of facing them squarely.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/peace-343117-world-lakers.html

And MWP deserves props for successfully working his way back into shape after the lockout prevented him from addressing with Gary Vitti and company a lingering nerve issue in his back. (Opting not to disclose the ailment, rather than create the vibe of excuses, was admirable in its own right as well.)

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/31150/2011-2012-report-card-metta-world-peace

In April as he got healthier Artest was scoring 14 ppg and playing much better basketball. He got better in the playoffs too.

Desperately needed signs of life first came in March. Five double-digit showings. His 3-point shot began to fall semi-regularly. LeBron James and Paul Pierce were forced to work hard for points during Lakers victories. MWP looked more comfortable, and spoke freely about improved health and confidence. Still, his impact wasn't pronounced enough for MWP nor fans to hang their proverbial hat on.

April, however, proved a veritable hat rack.

On both sides of the ball, Metta performed not just like the dude from his debut season in L.A., but better. When a shin injury shelved Kobe Bryant for seven games, MWP picked up a big piece of the slack, averaging 16.3 points and reaching double-figures six times. A season-high nine assists against Golden State, was indicative of MWP's hand in shaping wins. Obviously, these numbers were to some degree a byproduct of The Mamba's absence, but 23 points (on a tidy 13 shots) against Houston came with Kobe in uniform. A sustainable high gear had been discovered, and for an underdog team looking to make a deep run, MWP became the roundball equivalent of found money.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/31150/2011-2012-report-card-metta-world-peace

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2012, 04:13:46 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
LOL YOUR GAME PLAN IS TOO TALK BAD ABOUT THE OTHER TEAM THAT IS NOT A REAL GAME PLAN WE ARE PLAYING MAN TO MAN MOSTLY AND SOMETIMES PLAYING ZONE

I am pointing out the negatives of your roster. If they are true it isn't talking bad...

If you are playing man to man mostly then my so called shooting woes doesn't really become an issue for defending Russell.

Make up your mind and say what your game plan is though.

What is it?

How do you plan on beating Boston offensively? How do you get shots for everyone? What is your game plan? Bring some detail to the table and quit being so vague.