Author Topic: CB Draft Playoff Matchup - (3)Hawks vs (6)Pacers  (Read 33274 times)

Re: CB Draft Playoff Matchup - (3)Hawks vs (6)Pacers
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
So are these the primary match ups?

Rondo V George Hill
AB V Kobe
Batum V Grant Hill
Scola V West
Monroe V Duncan

Ultimately I think this comes down to the guards. Scola and West are a draw for me. Batum I would take over Hill since he is running with Rondo. Rondo over Hill. Kobe over AB. AB is too small.

Thoughts on Batum on Kobe. Rondo on Grant and AB on George?

I like Duncan and Kobe in their match ups. I like Rondo and Batum in theres. The other is a wash. Pace will be key and thus Rondo is the key to this series.

In looking at the benches I don't see either team having a huge advantage. Atlanta has HCA though.

Tough matchup. Again I think it comes down to pace and thus Rondo.

Atlanta why do you believe you can limit Rondo's imprint on this series enough to win?

Indiana why do you believe Rondo controls this series enough for you to win?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Atlanta why do you believe you can limit Rondo's imprint on this series enough to win?

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
This series will be won by tempo. 

Hawks do not have a guy that can stop Rondo from controlling the Tempo.

Kobe a few years ago, maybe. 

My team has more speed, more depth, and a better defense.  Kobe will be facing multiple defenders.  (Bradley, Batum, Pietrus, Bell, Hinrich) 

Hawks was a title contender 3 years ago.  Now, to old. 

And unlike some of the older team we see in the NBA, there is not energy star out there to push this team.  No Rondo.  No Parker. 

Meanwhile, every years, Rondo takes his game to a new level in the playoffs.  We saw what he did last year, imagine him this year with an old Kobe trying to stay in front of him.

Rondo is a whole different beast come Playoffs :D The guy scored 44 points on the Heat!

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
No rondo's poor shooting did not prevent Rondo from putting up those numbers from teams that were trotting Out Jason Collins, Spencer Hawes and Ronny turiaf as there starting centers
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Rondo V George Hill
AB V Kobe
Batum V Grant Hill
Scola V West
Monroe V Duncan

Ultimately I think this comes down to the guards. Scola and West are a draw for me. Batum I would take over Hill since he is running with Rondo. Rondo over Hill. Kobe over AB. AB is too small.

I like Duncan and Kobe in their match ups. I like Rondo and Batum in theres. The other is a wash. Pace will be key and thus Rondo is the key to this series.

In looking at the benches I don't see either team having a huge advantage. Atlanta has HCA though.

Did you see scola vs wests career numbers against eachother?  the matchup really isnt close
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 01:37:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Also, the Pacers really don't have an answer for my front court, even at Duncans old age he has outplayed Monroe and I expect that pattern to continue in Monroe's first playoff series.

And West has taken Scola to the woodshed in 15 career matchups to the tune of

22.5 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.1 apg and .481 fg %

vs

11.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.5 apg and .404 fg%

With wests team winning 9 out of the 15 matchups

How many times did they match up last year?   How many of those wins were Chris Paul? 

The depth of my big men are going to wear you out.  You need West and Duncan to play huge minutes in the playoffs.

You already plan on having him play more minutes a game then Duncan played last year. 

The pace and depth is going to be to much for the old, thin team. 

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 01:38:49 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Rondo V George Hill
AB V Kobe
Batum V Grant Hill
Scola V West
Monroe V Duncan

Rondo, the pace and the depth of my team is going to be to much for the former greats.

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 01:39:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2408
I think this is a really tough matchup for Atlanta.

I didn't think Indiana would be a threat to win a first round series but this is a really good matchup for them. A lot of their strengths attack Atlanta's defensive vulnerabilities. I think they can cause Atlanta a lot of problems.

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I believe we can limit the imprint of rondo on this series because we can play off of him and he doesnt have the shooters around him to spread the floor.  I have posted the shotting numbers for Scola and monroe, they are both poor jump shooters and we all know how much bradley has struggled shooting the ball. 

The reason a bradley rondo backcourt was able to function was because of the jumpshooting of Bass, Kg and Pierce.  Pierce didnt shoot as well this season as he hasin the past but he is still a respected shooter. 

Batum is the only person that spreads the floor for indiana and as a result we will be able to collapse on rond if he does attempt to drive.

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 01:40:28 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
David West and Luis Scola have both lost a step. West only had 8 games in the regular season where he scored 20+ points. The injury really seemed to take some of his explosiveness away. That and maybe not playing with Chris Paul. He didn't seem to have near the ability he has had in the past of scoring off the dribble.

I see this matchup as a wash. I will take duncan over Monroe easily. Duncan struggles with greater size and/or athleticism. Monroe doesn't really have the physical tools to outperform Duncan.

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 01:40:41 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Rondo V George Hill
AB V Kobe
Batum V Grant Hill
Scola V West
Monroe V Duncan

Did you see scola vs wests career numbers against eachother?  the matchup really isnt close

12 and 6 this past season without Paul to feed him. 

13 and 5 by Scola.  Seems like a push except Scola is backed by another double digit score.

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 01:42:25 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

I believe we can limit the imprint of rondo on this series because we can play off of him and he doesnt have the shooters around him to spread the floor.  I have posted the shotting numbers for Scola and monroe, they are both poor jump shooters and we all know how much bradley has struggled shooting the ball. 

The reason a bradley rondo backcourt was able to function was because of the jumpshooting of Bass, Kg and Pierce.  Pierce didnt shoot as well this season as he hasin the past but he is still a respected shooter. 

Batum is the only person that spreads the floor for indiana and as a result we will be able to collapse on rond if he does attempt to drive.

I do think a strategy of packing it in could be effective. Simultaneously limiting the bigs for Indiana and forcing Rondo and the other perimeter players to shoot more.

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also, the Pacers really don't have an answer for my front court, even at Duncans old age he has outplayed Monroe and I expect that pattern to continue in Monroe's first playoff series.

And West has taken Scola to the woodshed in 15 career matchups to the tune of

22.5 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 2.1 apg and .481 fg %

vs

11.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.5 apg and .404 fg%

With wests team winning 9 out of the 15 matchups

How many times did they match up last year?   How many of those wins were Chris Paul? 

The depth of my big men are going to wear you out.  You need West and Duncan to play huge minutes in the playoffs.

You already plan on having him play more minutes a game then Duncan played last year. 

The pace and depth is going to be to much for the old, thin team.

Dalembert is a better player than anything you have coming off the bench for a big man and yes I have Duncan playing 2 more minutes per game that he did this year in the playoffs but that was after resting him during the regular season.  It is also less mpg than he played in the Thunder series.

Duncan barely had to play in the first two series because the went 8-0

And like I said, West will takscola to the woodshead, it really is a poor matchup for both of WDLEEHI's big men

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 01:43:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Bradley when he was healthy was hitting over 40% of his outside shots. 

And we know how good of an inside passer Rondo is. 

Then off the bench, the Pacers bring off Vet shooters in Peitrus and Bell.  Rookie shooter Beal.  And of course the best offensive option on a bench is this series, Landry (12 points a game off the bench last year)

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
The Pacers are a promising young team but right now the shooting ability has made them incredibly flawed in my opinion.  You take probably the worst jump shooting backcourt in the playoffs and match it up with a subpar shooting PF/C tandem with the only bonafied floor stretcher being batum who shot 39%.

They really are limiting rondos ability to be creative and effective by giving him very little space to work with.