Author Topic: All Four 2019 Picks, the Memphis Pick, Tatum, Brown, Smart and Baynes...  (Read 2801 times)

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
(4) 2019 first-round picks
Memphis 2020 first-round pick
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Marcus Smart
Aaron Baynes

For the rights to Zion Williamson and Lonzo Ball.

Does New Orleans consider it? Do you consider it? We commit to Hayward who rewards us next season by opting out and resigning for a cap-friendly amount over four years. We go after Durant in 2020 or Giannis in 2021. In the meantime, we help Zion and Ball develop into all-stars.

Perhaps most importantly, this is possibly the only move left that could get Kyrie to change his mind...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:54:05 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

Re: All Four 2019 Picks, the Memphis Pick, Brown, Smart and Baynes...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 12:45:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
New Orleans would demand Tatum over Brown, if not both
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 12:49:19 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Almost hate to admit it, but I’d pull the trigger if it’s Williamson and Ball. We would have a ton of cap space for 2020 (Durant gets a do-over, perhaps with his buddy Kyrie and Zion hitting his stride) or 2021 (Giannis or Rudy). Unlike Tatum, I can see Williamson as the THE best player in the NBA after Kawhi’s reign is over. Let’s face it: You generally do not win an NBA championship without one of the top three players in the game. Can Tatum be a top three guy? I say it’s far less likely than Zion...

Hell, even if Ball is not part of the deal so long as Kyrie reconsiders us. In fact, this move is probably the only way left to change Kyrie’s mind...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:59:43 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 01:01:43 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Almost hate to admit it, but I’d pull the trigger if it’s Williamson and Ball. We would have a ton of cap space for 2020 (Durant gets a do-over, perhaps with his buddy Kyrie and Zion hitting his stride) or 2021 (Giannis or Rudy). Unlike Tatum, I can see Williamson as the THE best player in the NBA after Kawhi’s reign is over. Let’s face it: You generally do not win an NBA championship without one of the top three players in the game. Can Tatum be a top three guy? I say it’s far less likely than Zion...

Hell, even if Ball is not part of the deal so long as Kyrie reconsiders us. In fact, this move is probably the only way left to change Kyrie’s mind...

Gonna be hard to mend a burned down bridge.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 01:28:39 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

If our roster consists of Zion, Hayward, maybe Ball, and then bench players, why would Kyrie not come back to show Zion the ropes and possibly bring KD onboard next year?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:33:47 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 01:36:58 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

If our roster consists of Zion, Hayward, maybe Ball, and then bench players, why would Kyrie not come back to show Zion the ropes and possibly bring KD onboard next year?
I get what you're saying, but after a couple of years I feel as if trying to apply normal rational thinking processes to Kyrie Irving is an exercise in futility. Dude's weird
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
is this serious?

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
is this serious?

Yes. We need to somehow find a way to land a top 3-4 player in order to win a championship. Those players are Kawhi, LeBron, Durant and Curry right now. You know, players on the only teams to win championships since Barack’s first term. We have no shot at any of them save for possibly Durant in 2020, when he may no longer be the player he used to be. So we need to find a way to get one of the guys who can replace these guys down the road. If we can trade in all of the assets for a shot at that special player in Zion, especially if it means a shot at Kyrie coming back, it’s totally worth it.

Tatum and Brown are just not going to ever be a top 3-4 player in this league. It’s not happening. Top 20? Sure, but without a third guy who’s a top 5 player, like KG was to Pierce and Allen in 2008, we are not winning a championship. Who is that third guy going to be? The 14th overall pick in 2019? The mystical Memphis pick that might end up just like the mystical Kings pick before it? Please. Is that serious? Is giving Brogdon and/or Russell max contracts serious? Good lord, we might as well give up our love of the Celtics if we get that desperate for a free agent...

We need to take a shot at greatness, just like the Lakers did this week, or we will never win another championship while we watch the Lakers take the lead in total championships...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:08:39 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
is this serious?

Yes. We need to somehow find a way to land a top 3-4 player in order to win a championship. Those players are Kawhi, LeBron, Durant and Curry right now. You know, players on the only teams to win championships since Barack’s first term. We have no shot at any of them save for possibly Durant in 2020, when he may no longer be the player he used to be. So we need to find a way to get one of the guys who can replace these guys down the road. If we can trade in all of the assets for a shot at that special player in Zion, especially if it means a shot at Kyrie coming back, it’s totally worth it. Tatum and Brown are just not going to ever be a top 3-4 player in this league. It’s not happening.

We need to take a shot at greatness or we will never win another championship.

Ok I just wanted to make sure you were serious....
Those are a whole lot of opinions / assumptions that you are trying to portray as facts.

1) the assumption that zion will become an NBA top 3-4 player.  crazy opinion.  A lot of people think he is going to be a bust.  He is the best player in what most front office types feel is a terrible draft, thus he gets more attention than he ever would if there were better players coming out.
2) the assumption that we need to dump our best assets Tatum and Brown at a really small chance that Zion is a future MVP.  Like a really really small chance.
3) the assumption that Kyrie comes back because we have zion.  Omg that is laughable.  Kyrie is done with the Celtics.  Zion Williamson isn't convincing him to stay, and if he did we wouldn't want Kyrie back anyways.
4) the assumption that the C's even want Kyrie back at this point.

I mean dear lord, I guess it is that time of the year, but this is just lunacy.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:13:47 AM by blink »

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 02:10:42 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Well the real question is why WOULD he?  So he could play off guard with Ball running the show?  Because Ball sure can't shoot, so his only nba skill is passing.  This is just silly.

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
is this serious?

Yes. We need to somehow find a way to land a top 3-4 player in order to win a championship. Those players are Kawhi, LeBron, Durant and Curry right now. You know, players on the only teams to win championships since Barack’s first term. We have no shot at any of them save for possibly Durant in 2020, when he may no longer be the player he used to be. So we need to find a way to get one of the guys who can replace these guys down the road. If we can trade in all of the assets for a shot at that special player in Zion, especially if it means a shot at Kyrie coming back, it’s totally worth it. Tatum and Brown are just not going to ever be a top 3-4 player in this league. It’s not happening.

Those are a whole lot of opinions / assumptions that you are trying to portray as facts.

1) the assumption that zion is a top 3-4 player.  crazy opinion.  A lot of people think he is going to be a bust.  He is the best player in what most front office types feel is a terrible draft, thus he gets more attention than he ever would if there were better players coming out.

There’s also people who think he’s the best prospect since LeBron. Based on what I’ve seen, I agree.

3) the assumption that Kyrie comes back because we have zion.  Omg that is laughable.  Kyrie is done with the Celtics.  Zion Williamson isn't convincing him to stay, and if it did we wouldn't want Kyrie back anyways.

Kyrie would come back if the team next year is totally new save for Hayward and the scrubs. I could see him tag teaming it with Zion. Whatever we may think of Kyrie, he is a top ten player, he is incredibly clutch (game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals) and he is arguably the second best PG in the game.

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
is this serious?

1) the assumption that zion is a top 3-4 player.  crazy opinion.  A lot of people think he is going to be a bust.  He is the best player in what most front office types feel is a terrible draft, thus he gets more attention than he ever would if there were better players coming out.

There’s also people who think he’s the best prospect since LeBron. Based on what I’ve seen, I agree.

3) the assumption that Kyrie comes back because we have zion.  Omg that is laughable.  Kyrie is done with the Celtics.  Zion Williamson isn't convincing him to stay, and if it did we wouldn't want Kyrie back anyways.

Kyrie would come back if the team next year is totally new save for Hayward and the scrubs. I could see him tag teaming it with Zion. Whatever we may think of Kyrie, he is a top ten player, he is incredibly clutch (game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals) and he is arguably the second best PG in the game.

omg, Kyrie is not coming back to the C's.  what are you smoking dude?  it didn't work out, he is gone.  He isn't coming running back because we dumped our whole team and burned it to the ground.  Sorry. 

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 02:15:26 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Well the real question is why WOULD he?  So he could play off guard with Ball running the show?  Because Ball sure can't shoot, so his only nba skill is passing.  This is just silly.

Ball can also lockdown the best guards in the game, which would appeal to Kyrie. The open looks with Ball having Kyrie and Zion as options. Oh boy...

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 02:16:33 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

Ball can also lockdown the best guards in the game, which would appeal to Kyrie. The open looks with Ball having Kyrie and Zion as options. Oh boy...

Ok this is just trolling....I am out!
good luck with that crazy!

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
The only trolls on here are the ones who think Tatum and Brown are the second coming of Jordan/Pippen. Maybe the second coming of Pierce/Allen, but where’s our KG? Not happening with these supposed “assets.” It’s time to cash-in and take a gamble: Top five player or bust. Win a championship by trying to get a top five player or lose a lot trying.