Author Topic: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap (UPDATE: Deal Done Did)  (Read 47781 times)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
It's official, no pick protections on the Brooklyn pick.  :(

Still don't understand why Danny couldn't have got them to accept the Lakers pick with additional assets over the Brooklyn pick.

Offline masshlx

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Just saw this while watching Sox, a little stunned. When does KI contract expire?
More in the sandwich, please.

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
holy crap, I didn't have any idea about this until about 2 min. ago.
why in the world did we include the Nets pick??????  was DA drunk?
and I love Danny.

Re: ShamWow: Celtics + Cavs actively talking Kyrie/IT swap
« Reply #378 on: August 22, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kyrie vs Lebron ECF finals would be war

I'm highly anticipating for this ....

actually can't wait until Oct 17 when Celtics meet the Cavs in the regular season opener

Its going to be kind of awkward to see IT4 in a Cavs uniform

Yeah, the Cavs vs Celtics matchups this season will certainly be crazy! Great ratings for the league at the very least.

yes... its going to be a basketball game + drama ... 2 in 1 show

Kyrie vs Lebron

IT4 will prob stare down Danny Ainge

Crowder vs Hayward

Crowder vs JR Smith lol

All of this on Paul Pierce night.... 

might be tough even to grab nosebleed tickets for a decent price

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson

Still don't understand why Danny couldn't have got them to accept the Lakers pick with additional assets over the Brooklyn pick.

oh man, having protections on the pick was the last thing I was holding onto.

I know KI is better than IT, if we can get KI to play a bit more defense he may be significantly better than IT.  Still losing that Nets pick is like a dagger in the back.  Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.?

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
So, I come home to find out why I was really in the hospital today. I was in the emergency room from early this morning, Docs got it wrong, I'm now re-diagnosing myself with trade-a-tachycardia!

I'm not going to say much about this trade because I have been wrong on this issue a lot.

Welcome to Kyrie!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We complain about the Brooklyn pick now but there's a pretty decent chance that the Lakers pick could land higher than the Brooklyn pick.
How do you figure?  The Lakers look significantly better than the Nets to me.
The lottery is a fickle ****. No guarantees. LA may look better than Brooklyn but they ain't that much better. The lottery could put the C's at the number two pick and Brooklyn at 4 or 5. It is possible.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Ive defended danny and the logic of his moves before. Well, not this time. This is a horrible trade.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Jeff Goodman on ESPN saying the holdup was not players but the pick. Cavs wanted Nets pick, Lakers pick or Tatum. Danny gave them the BKN of the other 2 options.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Jeff Goodman on ESPN saying the holdup was not players but the pick. Cavs wanted Nets pick, Lakers pick or Tatum. Danny gave them the BKN of the other 2 options.

Do you mean Nets pick or Lakers pick AND Tatum? Seems like that would make more sense.

When does KI contract expire?

2019, but I believe with a player option for 19-20.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Please see above. Given a choice, ainge valued the laker pick more. I guess he is bullish on the nets team this year.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
So, I come home to find out why I was really in the hospital today. I was in the emergency room from early this morning, Docs got it wrong, I'm now re-diagnosing myself with trade-a-tachycardia!

I'm not going to say much about this trade because I have been wrong on this issue a lot.

Welcome to Kyrie!

hey Shak - hope you are feeling better! 

Offline merkins

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
Kyrie is now our PG leader with multiple NBA finals appearances under his belt.  We lost this trade from an asset standpoint but we could afford to do so.  What this does is put us over the hump and gives our young players a rock solid core to grow around.  Lost the battle to give us a chance to win the war.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

Do you mean Nets pick or Lakers pick AND Tatum? Seems like that would make more sense.

When does KI contract expire?

2019, but I believe with a player option for 19-20.
Perhaps, but to me it seems those three were valued roughly equally by the Cavs.
- Vandana Shiva

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Danny chose to convey an unprotected BRK pick rather than the protected LAL/SAC/PHI pick?

I'm skeptical.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes