Poll

Should Kyrie play in the All-Star Game?

Yes
19 (38.8%)
No
30 (61.2%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: POLL: Kyrie and the All-Star Game? Should he play?  (Read 4054 times)

Re: POLL: Kyrie and the All-Star Game? Should he play?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
30 no to. 15 yes

2 to 1

I hope KI is a Celtic for life. I know we are contenders with him and probably not without him.

He missed the last 2 important regular season games. (Luckily we won!). He didn’t make the trip to Philly to support his team. He wants to have fun and play with his buddies/peers in the ASG.

I don’t know. Just feels wrong to me.
These aren’t even slightly related to one another. Brad even said if there had been a Celtics game on Friday Kyrie would’ve very likely to play.

Weird that fans are getting upset when the coach is not

Danny and CBS both publicly supported Kyrie playing.

What else are they going to do, knowing full well that he wants to play? p--- off their star player who can go somewhere else next year, and along with him take away their trading for AD? Given that Kyrie has been known to be unpredictable, they couldn’t possibly take that chance.

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2019, 01:44:16 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Starting to think we don’t deserve Irving. He’s literally done thing wrong except failing to control a media narrative. Boston fans should be smarter.

It's been a while since I've seen such hate for a player that has done nothing but contribute to us since he got there - something proven both statistically and with the eye test. First he gets hated for his attitude, then he gets hated because he's not a leader, then he gets hated because he dribbles too much before scoring, then he gets hated because he refuses to constantly reaffirm that he's going to stay here (even though the haters don't want him here anyway, they get offended that he doesn't want to go out and say it), then he gets hated for choosing to play in a game he was declared fit for. He wasn't fit for the 2 games he missed, he's fit for this one. Let him play - he was voted in, he deserves to play. If Boston wants to wrap its stars in cotton wool then they can withdraw them from consideration for ASGs, Team USA games, everything that doesn't contribute to a Boston championship (good luck convincing the NBA to do that).

There's 29 other teams that would love to have Kyrie on their roster but I guess we're a bit too spoiled here, we don't need him we're too good for him.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 01:46:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Starting to think we don’t deserve Irving. He’s literally done thing wrong except failing to control a media narrative. Boston fans should be smarter.

It's been a while since I've seen such hate for a player that has done nothing but contribute to us since he got there - something proven both statistically and with the eye test. First he gets hated for his attitude, then he gets hated because he's not a leader, then he gets hated because he dribbles too much before scoring, then he gets hated because he refuses to constantly reaffirm that he's going to stay here (even though the haters don't want him here anyway, they get offended that he doesn't want to go out and say it), then he gets hated for choosing to play in a game he was declared fit for. He wasn't fit for the 2 games he missed, he's fit for this one. Let him play - he was voted in, he deserves to play. If Boston wants to wrap its stars in cotton wool then they can withdraw them from consideration for ASGs, Team USA games, everything that doesn't contribute to a Boston championship (good luck convincing the NBA to do that).

There's 29 other teams that would love to have Kyrie on their roster but I guess we're a bit too spoiled here, we don't need him we're too good for him.
It's mind-boggling really
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2019, 01:50:42 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
the Celtics also need to not p--- him off because it might turn him off to staying here. 

Nothing towards you at all Kuberski - but this is the exact type of perspective that i hate.
Not saying the Celtics shouldn't treat their players respectfully, on the contrary, but if a player doesn't love being a Celtic, I don't want them.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2019, 01:51:05 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
The all star game is basically a glorified scrimmage where the intensity goes up in the last 3 min. Yeeshk! Let the man “play”! Its not even a real game!

- LilRip

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2019, 01:55:33 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
30 no to. 15 yes

2 to 1

I hope KI is a Celtic for life. I know we are contenders with him and probably not without him.

He missed the last 2 important regular season games. (Luckily we won!). He didn’t make the trip to Philly to support his team. He wants to have fun and play with his buddies/peers in the ASG.

I don’t know. Just feels wrong to me.
These aren’t even slightly related to one another. Brad even said if there had been a Celtics game on Friday Kyrie would’ve very likely to play.

Weird that fans are getting upset when the coach is not

Because the coach is a wimp who does not stand up to his players when he needs to - on and off the court.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2019, 02:02:29 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

of course Celtics are, or would you rather subscribe to the alternative that he is too good for the Celtics.

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2019, 02:03:10 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
the Celtics also need to not p--- him off because it might turn him off to staying here. 

Nothing towards you at all Kuberski - but this is the exact type of perspective that i hate.
Not saying the Celtics shouldn't treat their players respectfully, on the contrary, but if a player doesn't love being a Celtic, I don't want them.

This!!!

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2019, 02:36:34 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Kyrie Irving (right knee strain) said he's healthy and will play in the All-Star Game on Sunday night.

Irving missed the Celtics final two games heading into the All-Star break due to the knee issue, but speaking with reporters late in the week, Danny Ainge said that Irving was "very, very close" to a return. Assuming he doesn't suffer any setbacks on Sunday or during practice next week, Kyrie will be ready to rock for the C's first game after the break, which is Thursday in Milwaukee.

RELATED:  Terry Rozier
SOURCE: Gary Washburn on Twitter

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2019, 03:15:10 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

of course Celtics are, or would you rather subscribe to the alternative that he is too good for the Celtics.

I don't think we're too good for anyone to play for us as long as that player is contributing to us winning.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2019, 03:15:39 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Kyrie Irving (right knee strain) said he's healthy and will play in the All-Star Game on Sunday night.

Irving missed the Celtics final two games heading into the All-Star break due to the knee issue, but speaking with reporters late in the week, Danny Ainge said that Irving was "very, very close" to a return. Assuming he doesn't suffer any setbacks on Sunday or during practice next week, Kyrie will be ready to rock for the C's first game after the break, which is Thursday in Milwaukee.

RELATED:  Terry Rozier
SOURCE: Gary Washburn on Twitter

Always thought he would. This is his type of night, getting a ton of attention. Plus, they play at 75% intensity.

As long as his agent and father aren’t in the building and he strains his knee again and leaves at halftime with them.

But, assuming he’s 100% for Milwaukee, no issue with this.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2019, 03:32:22 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Win MVP KI

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2019, 03:58:43 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

I don't think we're too good for anyone to play for us as long as that player is contributing to us winning.

Do you think he is too good for Boston.ugh

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2019, 07:37:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

No, but if fans keep acting as they do towards him then I'd understand if he thought that way. He gets a ridiculous amount of unfair treatment.

It's like some fans here don't even want him to succeed so that they can say "I told you so" while the Celtics dwindle away in mediocrity.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2019, 07:50:22 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

No, but if fans keep acting as they do towards him then I'd understand if he thought that way. He gets a ridiculous amount of unfair treatment.

It's like some fans here don't even want him to succeed so that they can say "I told you so" while the Celtics dwindle away in mediocrity.

TP! The Boston media and  fan base hasn't done very much to make Kyrie feel wanted in Boston.  I'll be the first to admit that I don't have the same level of adulation for Kyrie as I did for IT.  However, that doesn't mean that I wont support and appreciate his contributions to the Celtics.  Kyrie doesn't fit the mold of a traditional Boston sports icon.  The backlash towards him wont stop unless we win this season.  I see a lot of similarities between Kyrie and David Price.  It's just not in their nature to endear themselves to  a fan base.

The fans wont necessarily dictate his decision, but we could certainly make it more difficult for him to leave.