Author Topic: What Did You See Against New Orleans?  (Read 2178 times)

Re: What Did You See Against New Orleans?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2018, 04:02:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think a lot of it was just going up against a bad defense (26th in the NBA), and attacking it.

Yeah, I was going to say that the biggest thing I noticed is that New Orleans is really bad at defense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I didn't see anybody on the opposing team have a unexpected scoring outburst which is always a good sign.  Against the C's this year:

Joe Ingles, matched career high of 27
Devin Booker, set season high of 38
TJ Warren, set season high of 29
Trey Burke, scored 29, 2 off season high of 31
Kemba Walker, 43
Jamal Murray, career high of 48
Jonathan Isaac, career high of 18

Plus guys like Rubio, Crowder, and Barea, who average in the low double figures all put up 20+ against the C's.

I don't know, maybe I'd see similar trends if I looked at every team, but this is definitely not a good look, especially considering all these guys are at positions where the supposedly have multiple strong defenders.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I think a lot of it was just going up against a bad defense (26th in the NBA), and attacking it.

Yeah, I was going to say that the biggest thing I noticed is that New Orleans is really bad at defense.

+1

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2018, 04:34:41 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
Defense, defense, defense....and coming out agressive to start. That has been the celtics problem lately. Poor lazy defense, and going through the motions on offense.

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2018, 04:36:27 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Al posted effectively.  This is huge!

Also, Morris and Smart brought better chemistry and aggressiveness to our starting unit.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird