Author Topic: this team is cooked  (Read 7316 times)

Re: this team is cooked
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2018, 07:03:39 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Steven A....said he thought Brad and Danny messed the chemistry of the team up with too much use of Hayward to often too,  starting ,  too soon. .  Trying to force fit a less than 100 % player back into the lineup ,  unraveled the starting unity.   Especially Brown.  CBS trying too hard to force Hayward back ,  has upset his rotations .  Maybe CBS has too much personal interest of Gordon teturn let all that get in the way of logical coaching .

I tend to agree .  I think thats where it all started . The domino effect has the whole team off kilter.

I died a little inside knowing I have to agree with Steven A.

It's such a weird situation since the team just doesn't need Hayward anymore after last year.

In the hypothetic situation that Hayward had been a free agent last summer directly from Utah (last year just didn't happen and no injury) and the Celtics had cap space would it have made any sense to sign him with (especially!) Tatum, Brown and Morris already on the roster?

Of course not. The Celtics would have tried to sign a big complementary to Horford.

Still I'm not (immediately) in favor of trading Hayward (unless Beal is relatively cheap), since he has no value on the market. I hope he can rehabilitate himself in a Ginobili-type of role, but he will never be the star some Celtics-fans hoped he would become. We just have to get that idea out of our minds.

not saying we shouldn't keep hayward or never should've gotten him. just not necessary to insist he must start or play big mins. if he's not ready.

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Steven A....said he thought Brad and Danny messed the chemistry of the team up with too much use of Hayward to often too,  starting ,  too soon. .  Trying to force fit a less than 100 % player back into the lineup ,  unraveled the starting unity.   Especially Brown.  CBS trying too hard to force Hayward back ,  has upset his rotations .  Maybe CBS has too much personal interest of Gordon teturn let all that get in the way of logical coaching .

I tend to agree .  I think thats where it all started . The domino effect has the whole team off kilter.

It's such a weird situation since the team just doesn't need Hayward anymore after last year.

In the hypothetic situation that Hayward had been a free agent last summer directly from Utah (last year just didn't happen and no injury) and the Celtics had cap space would it have made any sense to sign him with (especially!) Tatum, Brown and Morris already on the roster?

Of course not. The Celtics would have tried to sign a big complementary to Horford.

Still I'm not (immediately) in favor of trading Hayward (unless Beal is relatively cheap), since he has no value on the market. I hope he can rehabilitate himself in a Ginobili-type of role, but he will never be the star some Celtics-fans hoped he would become. We just have to get that idea out of our minds.

not saying we shouldn't keep hayward or never should've gotten him. just not necessary to insist he must start or play big mins. if he's not ready.

the situation was misjudged , to the detriment of the team ,  based on a friendship personal bias of CBS and DA to put him on the floor in astarting role too soon.  Screwed with the fragile chemistry of younger players .  These basically kids , are not use to this like AL and Morris and Smart.  If i put myself in Browns shoes ,  i can understand how this can put doubts in your on mind about things ypu have accomplished .  Hayward needed to play himslef back into the starting role .  It should have not been forced on him.

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2018, 09:25:26 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

What big man would that have been? DeAndre Jordan? Putting an RFA offer on Clint Capella (which would have been matched)? Brook Lopez?

I'd have signed Hayward over any of the realistic FAs from last summer (and over any of the unrealistic ones except Lebron, Paul George, and Durant)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2018, 10:21:06 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

the situation was misjudged , to the detriment of the team ,  based on a friendship personal bias of CBS and DA to put him on the floor in astarting role too soon.  Screwed with the fragile chemistry of younger players .  These basically kids , are not use to this like AL and Morris and Smart.  If i put myself in Browns shoes ,  i can understand how this can put doubts in your on mind about things ypu have accomplished .  Hayward needed to play himslef back into the starting role .  It should have not been forced on him.

Its not the problem. We all know the limits of this team without 2 premier scoring options, case in point game 7 last ECF. That is why there's a need for Hayward to be integrated to the team and to that starting unit especially. We need Hayward to be playing at a high Caliber to even have a shot at beating GSW.

The problem is guys like Rozier, possibly Brown and who knows who else have their own agenda apart from winning. They feel like they are all-stars and are thinking mostly about their contracts.

Ive been a huge proponent of sitting Brown like 10 games ago, putting Smart in the first unit and Brown in the second unit makes a lot of sense and solves a lot of the problems of both units.

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I'm not sure if it was nepotism that returned him to the starting lineup. In fact a majority of people on this forum suggested, and expected, that the starting lineup would be the same one that started against Cleveland for the season opener in 2017. You only find out there's no flow and chemistry when you try it.

That said, I think it's fair to criticize Brad for sticking with it for so long, but Hayward has a long resume in the NBA and he was probably being judged on his overall body of work.

Last thing - I don't think coaches are as knee-jerk about moving people in and out of the starting lineup as fans are. They have player confidence to consider as well - if you yank someone who's normally a good shooter because they went 1-7 from 3 then you run the risk of telling that player you don't trust him to make his shots. Then the guy might stop shooting and then he's lost a significant piece of his arsenal. Brad probably wanted to give that initial starting lineup, and Hayward, every opportunity to succeed. If they keep bricking it over multiple games then that's a different story.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D