Author Topic: this team is cooked  (Read 7317 times)

Re: this team is cooked
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2018, 10:42:58 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I dont see any improvement..probably be a 6th seed in East..good thing we not in West..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2018, 10:51:04 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
I will keep saying it. Sit Kyrie for 10 games and watch how different the team and games look.

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️
I'm starting to think he's the one a lot of guys don't like playing with

That is how I see it.

Teamwork was much better without Kyrie. Guys working for each other, to help one another. Everyone on the same page.

Because the team takes on the personality of its star player. He doesn't have leadership qualities.

I'd prefer a more energetic and fired-up all-star to lead our team rather than Kyrie's laid back "does-he-even-care?" type of affect. There are several fantastic examples of 'chill' all-stars that have led teams to championships (two from San Antonio come to mind: Duncan and Leonard), but Kyrie appears different than them. Maybe it's his lack of elite play on both ends of the ball? Obviously this is highly subjective, but he gives off that vibe from my perspective.

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2018, 11:48:48 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I dont see any improvement..probably be a 6th seed in East..good thing we not in West..

I was looking at the standings when I started this thread and looked at the teams above us and came to the realization(even if we start playing better) we will either stay where we are or get worse... if we don't pull it together.

the teams ahead of us have no reason to fall dramatically, barring injury of course and I really hope no one gets injured because this team doesn't deserve to be rewarded because of another teams loss.

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I will keep saying it. Sit Kyrie for 10 games and watch how different the team and games look.

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

And what's that going to do?

At one point in the game tonight, there was a 50/50 ball on the Celtics end of the floor and they showed no hustle and Dallas (can't remember the player) took the ball straight to the rim.

Or what about when everyone is just standing around waiting for the official to call the ball over the backboard?

Is that Kyrie's fault?

Also, why the hell is Aaron Baynes shooting 3s?

I didn't hear anyone saying to sit Kyrie last year after we won all those games in a row. Last night that was basically the same team out there.

One of our problems is inside the paint. Can we please get a center that can make offensive players think twice about attacking? A center that can defend the rim. Not an undersized, aging, power forward or a grounded, unathletic, career backup center.

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2018, 12:20:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
I agree with Roscoe!! i said it last summer

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2018, 12:24:29 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
 and if season ended now, we have higher pick than Kings, Grizzlies and Clippers..who would thought that after thanksgivung

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2018, 12:36:21 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I'd like to see a true pass first pg.  I have no one in mind, but it would be nice to see someone who knows how to run an offense and set guys up.  I know that's not really Stevens' system, but for a few minutes here and there during a game might gets guys going.

Bingo, when you have a lot of scorers it diminishes them because the PG is handling the ball so much and isn't setting others up. Kyrie was good on the Cavs because him and Bron could take turns...Bron was the table setter.

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

At one point in the game tonight, there was a 50/50 ball on the Celtics end of the floor and they showed no hustle and Dallas (can't remember the player) took the ball straight to the rim.

Or what about when everyone is just standing around waiting for the official to call the ball over the backboard?

Is that Kyrie's fault?

I didn't hear anyone saying to sit Kyrie last year after we won all those games in a row. Last night that was basically the same team out there.

One of our problems is inside the paint. Can we please get a center that can make offensive players think twice about attacking? A center that can defend the rim. Not an undersized, aging, power forward or a grounded, unathletic, career backup center.

Couldn't have said it better.

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2018, 02:36:49 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
having a center like that on this team would not solve the issue, we switch everything. look at every drive to the basket against us it's usually a guard in the paint because our center is defending on the perimeter.

"position-less basketball" is awesome...

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2018, 03:21:50 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

Is that Kyrie's fault?

Its easier for posters to pin blame on Kyrie (and Gordon) than to criticize their binkies.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2018, 03:44:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So many statements in this thread that are so clearly wrong:

the defense? if we could rebound the lack of defense might not be noticeable.
The Celtics are 6th in the league in defensive rebounds per game and defensive rebound %. They aren't a great overall rebounding team because the defensive philosophy is to get back on defense to prevent fast breaks than crash the offensive boards. Therefore, bad offensive rebounding stats and mediocre total rebounding stats.

trade rozier for a pass-first veteran point guard.
I'd like to see a true pass first pg.  I have no one in mind, but it would be nice to see someone who knows how to run an offense and set guys up.  I know that's not really Stevens' system, but for a few minutes here and there during a game might gets guys going.
As knuckleballer says, a pass first PG isn't the Stevens system so wanting one makes zero sense. The Stevens system has worked with both IT and Kyrie playing the point. Neither a pass first PG. With great ball movers like Horford, Hayward and Smart and Kyrie's decent passing skills, that's all that's needed for this system to work.

The Celtics are 6th in the league at allowing the fewest points in the paint. They are 8th in the league at limiting second chance points. The C's are 7th in the league in limiting fast break points. The problem is not defense in the paint.

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️
You mean when we get worse because we are not a better team when Kyrie is out of a game and Rozier is the starter. No way.

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2018, 01:44:11 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

Yes, sit him and you will keep seeing what we've all seen against Jazz.

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2018, 03:09:22 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
If people don’t want to play with Kyrie, someone need to change their mind. They don’t all have to get along, look at KD and Green in GSW. We’ll need Kyrie in the finals, we don’t necessarily need Rozier or Brown

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2018, 03:20:02 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

Yes, sit him and you will keep seeing what we've all seen against Jazz.

Exactly.

People want to blame Hayward for everything, yet we get outgunned by a decent (at best) team without him, and eek out a win against a terrible team (Knicks).

Without Kyrie hogging the ball, we still lose.

Without Baynes jacking up ill-advised treys (and shooting 40% overall), we still lose.

This isn’t a single players fault, it’s the collective focus and effort. Brad has to reel them in before this goes from embarrassing to a legit problem.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2018, 07:36:00 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Steven A....said he thought Brad and Danny messed the chemistry of the team up with too much use of Hayward to often too,  starting ,  too soon. .  Trying to force fit a less than 100 % player back into the lineup ,  unraveled the starting unity.   Especially Brown.  CBS trying too hard to force Hayward back ,  has upset his rotations .  Maybe CBS has too much personal interest of Gordon teturn let all that get in the way of logical coaching .

I tend to agree .  I think thats where it all started . The domino effect has the whole team off kilter.