Author Topic: this team is cooked  (Read 7319 times)

this team is cooked
« on: November 24, 2018, 11:07:00 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
the "every shot we take has to be a miracle shot offense" has run it's course.

we have talented players, we need more creativity on offense instead of taking 2 dribbles to the basket and pass regardless if a guy is open or not does not an offense make.

the defense? if we could rebound the lack of defense might not be noticeable.

Re: this team is cooked
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 11:08:35 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
The team chemistry is way off. Guys look like they don’t like playing for each other.
- LilRip

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
trade rozier for a pass-first veteran point guard.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 11:10:27 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
The team chemistry is way off. Guys look like they don’t like playing for each other.
I'm getting the same impression. 

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 11:10:53 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I’m not sure how we’re the no.1 ranked defense when we let opposing players burn us so many times on the perimeter. Is it lack of communication??
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 11:11:07 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I will keep saying it. Sit Kyrie for 10 games and watch how different the team and games look.

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 11:12:14 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White

That tends to happen when you’re losing. It may be that we have too many talented players on the team and not enough with the right team-first attitude.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 11:12:27 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
I’m not sure how we’re the no.1 ranked defense when we let opposing players burn us so many times on the perimeter. Is it lack of communication??

I tried to tell someone stats are misleading. Being #1 in defense means nothing when you allow big runs and cant hit key shots and turn the ball over.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2018, 11:12:37 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I will keep saying it. Sit Kyrie for 10 games and watch how different the team and games look.

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️
I'm starting to think he's the one a lot of guys don't like playing with

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2018, 11:15:22 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
I'm getting the same impression.

Yep. And it's leading to lack of effort and intensity. We should've had a pow-pow team meeting about 5 games ago already.

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

Look folks. One game just focus on Kyrie and watch his putrid defense. Guys drive, he passes them off and other people get in foul trouble. This is why guards start getting hot. I watch him all over the court, our defense isn't on a string because too much breaks down from top of the key dribble penetration.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

And what's that going to do?

At one point in the game tonight, there was a 50/50 ball on the Celtics end of the floor and they showed no hustle and Dallas (can't remember the player) took the ball straight to the rim.

Or what about when everyone is just standing around waiting for the official to call the ball over the backboard?

Is that Kyrie's fault?

Also, why the hell is Aaron Baynes shooting 3s?

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2018, 11:17:31 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

That tends to happen when you’re losing. It may be that we have too many talented players on the team and not enough with the right team-first attitude.

ohh please! yeah too much talent...

that's just laughable.

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2018, 11:19:03 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

Look folks. One game just focus on Kyrie and watch his putrid defense. Guys drive, he passes them off and other people get in foul trouble. This is why guards start getting hot. I watch him all over the court, our defense isn't on a string because too much breaks down from top of the key dribble penetration.

To be fair though Barea got hot because Rozier was on him, not Kyrie. But they all get burned too easily on the pick and roll and pick and pop and are too slow to close out.

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 11:19:36 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney

...just sayin.🤷🏾‍♂️

And what's that going to do?

At one point in the game tonight, there was a 50/50 ball on the Celtics end of the floor and they showed no hustle and Dallas (can't remember the player) took the ball straight to the rim.

Or what about when everyone is just standing around waiting for the official to call the ball over the backboard?

Is that Kyrie's fault?

Because the team takes on the personality of its star player. He doesn't have leadership qualities. I'm just saying if he sits watch the difference in the games. What is the issue with criticizing Kyrie?