Author Topic: Rozier liked trade tweet  (Read 4501 times)

Re: Rozier liked trade tweet
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Rozier for Fultz. Who says no?  :P

And how does that help the Celtics? Right now, Fultz can't throw the ball into the ocean.
comedic relief? Team jester?

He seems to be pretty good at juggling.

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2018, 11:55:21 PM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Rozier was a +2

Smart a -11

And Rozier is the problem?

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
seriously I don't think all our problems boil down to Terry Rozier being unhappy about his playing time.  there are tons of good teams that have guys mad about PT but it isn't stopping them from winning.  Our issues are more than Terry.
what are they

probably too many to mention right now
1) GH not ready to play starters minutes, still doesn't trust his quickness, still recovering from injury - causes domino effect on multiple players covering for him on def, or deferring to him when he isn't ready to be the 1B to Kyrie's 1A.
2) early season shooting slump from the whole team except Morris
3) guys in general not sure what their role is after leading the team 1 game from finals (Brown-Tatum - Rozier) after Kyrie and GH are back.
4) whole team not playing with the intensity required to win games in the nba
5) not enough touches for Al in the offense
6) Brad too slow to react to multiple poor games by the C's
7) Brad experimenting with bad rotations too much
7b) players not moving without the ball, too stagnant on offense
8) Terry Rozier not happy w/ his minutes PT

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2018, 12:03:29 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Rozier was a +2

Smart a -11

That face you make when someone uses +/- as an indicator of individual performance...

This is especially egregious on a night when Smart went 5-8 for 19 points while Rozier went 1-6 for 4 points and pretty much paved the lane for Barea to lead his team to victory ::)

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2018, 12:06:26 AM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
Rozier was a +2

Smart a -11

That face you make when someone uses +/- as an indicator of individual performance...

This is especially egregious on a night when Smart went 5-8 for 19 points while Rozier went 1-6 for 4 points and pretty much paved the lane for Barea to lead his team to victory ::)

Lol, J, im with you bro, trust me...Smart was great tonight, I wish this was the guy on average.

Im just messing with those +/- guys

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2018, 12:11:00 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
seriously I don't think all our problems boil down to Terry Rozier being unhappy about his playing time.  there are tons of good teams that have guys mad about PT but it isn't stopping them from winning.  Our issues are more than Terry.
what are they

probably too many to mention right now
1) GH not ready to play starters minutes, still doesn't trust his quickness, still recovering from injury - causes domino effect on multiple players covering for him on def, or deferring to him when he isn't ready to be the 1B to Kyrie's 1A.
2) early season shooting slump from the whole team except Morris
3) guys in general not sure what their role is after leading the team 1 game from finals (Brown-Tatum - Rozier) after Kyrie and GH are back.
4) whole team not playing with the intensity required to win games in the nba
5) not enough touches for Al in the offense
6) Brad too slow to react to multiple poor games by the C's
7) Brad experimenting with bad rotations too much
7b) players not moving without the ball, too stagnant on offense
8) Terry Rozier not happy w/ his minutes PT

I would add lack of effort overall and not dealing with frustration and adversity well. They look weighed down by their failure to meet expectations.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2018, 12:11:32 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Rozier was a +2

Smart a -11

Lol, J, im with you bro, trust me...Smart was great tonight, I wish this was the guy on average.

Hmm, you keep saying that, but (iirc) you've been pretty anti-Smart in your posts here so far. Maybe I'm remembering someone else, but you got me suspicious that you're trolling lol

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2018, 12:15:40 AM »

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
Rozier was a +2

Smart a -11

Hmm, you keep saying that, but (iirc) you've been pretty anti-Smart in your posts here so far. Maybe I'm remembering someone else, but you got me suspicious that you're trolling lol

I like Smart. I think I just got into it with the fans because of small details in his flaws. I dont hate the player. Players like Smart are the players I defend the most. I just got too into it on the fan vs fan perspective.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 06:36:56 AM by celtics4ever33 »

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2018, 09:42:54 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
No issue with Rozier wanting a trade. He is too good to be stuck in as small a role as he has here in Boston. More power to him.

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2018, 09:51:39 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I won't miss him, honestly.  For his career he's <40% from the field, <36% from three.

He should go to some team where he can play starter minutes and get plenty of shots.  He'll be mediocre but decently paid.

The Celts could really use a guy like, say, JJ Barea.  A veteran backup point who always puts in effort and plays with focus despite not necessarily having great physical gifts.  Ideally a guard who is a really consistent and efficient outside shooter.

This year I think the Celts miss Shane Larkin.  He wasn't a great player by any means and his overall numbers were mediocre but I think he gave the team a spark at times and helped to stabilize the bench unit in a way Terry can't.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2018, 10:04:38 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
rough crowd.

This board gets too sensitive when players express their frustrations.  THe blind loyalty expecations are through the roof in a league where guys are traded at the drop of a hat.

Let a guy be mad, upset, p---ed, frustrated, etc.  Terry's first choice would clearly be to be the starting PG for the Boston Celtics.  If you think he's not good enough fine, but don't trash him for that desire.  These are competitive dudes...

Terry is a rhythm player.  I hope he lands in a great spot, shows his value and gets paid...

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2018, 08:55:09 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Rozier was a +2

Smart a -11

Also the face you make when watching the Celtics lack of effort and comittment on defense.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2018, 09:45:07 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I don't really care about the tweets he's liked. I care that even when he was starting last season he shot around 40% from the floor and never showed himself to be competent at running an offense. Now he's not even really putting in the defensive effort.

If he gets traded, he gets traded.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2018, 10:05:47 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
If I was a non-superstar athlete who doesn't get a lot of press, I'd probably like any non-negative article written about me, whether I agreed with it or not.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2018, 10:08:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Rozier was a +2

Smart a -11

Lol...I said in the game thread how bad it was to use +/- as an indicator of play because Rozier was a +2 and absolutely the worst Celtic on the floor the other night.