Author Topic: The Kyrie Get Hyped Thread  (Read 10166 times)

Re: The Kyrie Get Hyped Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 12:46:29 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3064
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I cant wait to hear Tommy go nuts with Kyrie

The kid is a MAGICIAN BABY !!!!!!!

"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2017, 12:53:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Guys....

WE GOT KYRIE IRVING!!!

GAME 7.

You almost want it , to go to a game 7

Kyrie shines

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2017, 12:57:07 AM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Rozier is going to learn a ton from this guy. Rozier has a similar ball handle and mentality. I hope Kyrie takes him to the next level.

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2017, 03:16:50 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Finally we can officially welcome Kyrie to Boston!!

And it only cost us an extra 2nd round pick to seal the deal.

Honestly if IT didn't get the hip injury Boston doesn't entertain trading him.

But the future is now And it's done!

25 year old Superstar in the fold!

Going to be very interesting to see how the new big 3 of Irving, Hayward, and Horford mesh together on the court.

Methinks genius Brad will find ways to take advantage of his new weapons.

And btw if KI takes that next leap that guys like Harden and Westbrook did... Watch out NBA!! There's a new Beast of the East!

Very exciting times ahead!  Also curious to see how our young ins pan out -- Tatum, Brown, Smart, Ojeyle and Yabusele all have some high upsides to them!!

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2017, 03:48:55 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Finally we can officially welcome Kyrie to Boston!!

And it only cost us an extra 2nd round pick to seal the deal.

Honestly if IT didn't get the hip injury Boston doesn't entertain trading him.

But the future is now And it's done!

25 year old Superstar in the fold!

Going to be very interesting to see how the new big 3 of Irving, Hayward, and Horford mesh together on the court.

Methinks genius Brad will find ways to take advantage of his new weapons.

And btw if KI takes that next leap that guys like Harden and Westbrook did... Watch out NBA!! There's a new Beast of the East!

Very exciting times ahead!  Also curious to see how our young ins pan out -- Tatum, Brown, Smart, Ojeyle and Yabusele all have some high upsides to them!!

the cavs really handled this in a worst scenario possible.
what a felling for IT, first to get traded out of the blue by a franchise that was supposed to make him one of the all time great players in green, then to have the Cavs proclaime him as damaged goods and now they get a 2nd rounder for that.
IT DOESN'T DESERVE THIS

i absolutely love the move, and feel like Danny did the right thing, but i feel sorry for IT, he was incredible to watch(and i just bought his jersey :) )
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2017, 06:12:38 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
The Ankletaker is in the building.

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Figured I would post in here instead of creating a new thread.  What does everyone think Kyrie's upside is with Brad??

I think 2015 Steph Curry with less volume isn't out of the question.  Kyrie has the talent and refined game to be one of the 2 or 3 best offensive players in the world.

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2017, 08:17:00 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The Ankletaker is in the building.

The Ankletaker - LOL!
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2017, 08:26:55 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Figured I would post in here instead of creating a new thread.  What does everyone think Kyrie's upside is with Brad??

I think 2015 Steph Curry with less volume isn't out of the question. Kyrie has the talent and refined game to be one of the 2 or 3 best offensive players in the world.

Curry in 2015-6 had on of the best offensive seasons ever. Also, they are p different players.
I don't see this as a good comparison.

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2017, 08:46:37 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell

I think 2015 Steph Curry with less volume isn't out of the question.  Kyrie has the talent and refined game to be one of the 2 or 3 best offensive players in the world.

That's probably a little too high.  That was a crazy season by Curry.

But I am looking at a big jump in assists...maybe around 9 assists per game.

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2017, 08:52:12 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I think 2015 Steph Curry with less volume isn't out of the question. Kyrie has the talent and refined game to be one of the 2 or 3 best offensive players in the world.

Curry in 2015-6 had on of the best offensive seasons ever. Also, they are p different players.
I don't see this as a good comparison.

That's where the less volume element comes into play.  I think Kyrie can come close to matching the efficiency but he will need to be more selective with his offense.  Steph averaged over 30 PPG on crazy efficiency.  I don't think it's out of the question for Kyrie to approach the efficiency on lower volume.  IT just had his best season and posted similar shooting numbers to the Kyrie.  Kyrie will never get to the line like IT but I would expect him to elevate his shooting across the board by taking better shots.

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2017, 09:27:33 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612
I couldn't be less whelmed if I tried.

One thing's for sure: we better hope Jayson Tatum turns into the best player of not only this year's, but also next year's draft, or Danny's head should end up on a pike. You might be able to talk me into tar and feather, though.

yeah we got better getting KI. just terrible huh? DA was great getting our guy by moving back from 1 to 3 and getting a extra pick in the process. just terrible huh? SOme of you people are so miserable with your subjective irrational thoughts. or are you just a troll? 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:32:52 AM by Boston Garden Leprechaun »
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2017, 09:36:07 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I think we see either a major upgrade in scoring and the same assists, e.g., 30 and 6, or we see a major upgrade in assists and the same scoring, like 25 and 9.

Either way, I'm hyped for this season.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2017, 11:31:05 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
"Irving is one of the two or three best individual scorers in the league and he’s impossible to stop when he gets on a roll. And he’s got a pre-spike contract through '19 that’s team-friendly."
- David Aldridge

http://www.nba.com/morning-tip-da-2017-offseason-rankings-top-10-teams

« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2017, 11:43:28 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I couldn't be less whelmed if I tried.

One thing's for sure: we better hope Jayson Tatum turns into the best player of not only this year's, but also next year's draft, or Danny's head should end up on a pike. You might be able to talk me into tar and feather, though.

yeah we got better getting KI. just terrible huh? DA was great getting our guy by moving back from 1 to 3 and getting a extra pick in the process. just terrible huh? SOme of you people are so miserable with your subjective irrational thoughts. or are you just a troll?

Tp