Author Topic: First time the Cs go up 3-0 in a series since KG and Ray Allen arrived  (Read 3206 times)

Re: First time the Cs go up 3-0 in a series since KG and Ray Allen arrived
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Yep, quite surprising to see that this the first time this Celtics squad has gone up 3-0 against an opponent, especially when you consider they are older than in '08 and in '09... but I will gladly take it, it's an awesome feeling to be up 3-0, and let's hope this ends up as a sweep, which would be a first time ever too for this squad!

'09 no KG though.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 01:31:04 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'm not really looking at things in terms of who we are beating. I'm looking more at "how" we are beating them. We played a full 48 minute game, never had any lulls, overcame the refs, stayed focused, and won a pivotal game on the road in clutch fashion, with the Big 4 all contributing and playing well at the same time. The team looks anything but old, and confidence is building. These are all the things that excite me, moreso than being up 3-0 on a team, even though being up 3-0 is fantastic. ;D

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 01:52:07 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/04/21/20100421_real_nba_b.nba/index.html

Nice little behind the scenes look at the series to date. And I'm very happy to see hear how well little Walker is doing.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I don't think I could be happier about how things are going for us in the playoffs so far. With or without Kevin, home or away we have already proven to the rest of the league that we can handle worthy competition (Miami is only 1 seed below us) and we are on the verge of sweeping the Heat and making a statement to the rest of our conference who has always taken this team to game 7 since we acquired Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.

Kudos to Paul Pierce for that amazing buzzer-beater and I hope that he and the rest of our guys bring that same intensity that has gotten us this lead to game 4, and any games afterwards if we don't win game 4.

Go Celtics!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 02:40:17 PM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think it's possible people have started to underrate the Heat here because of how we have played against them this year.

They've split w/Orlando, split w/LA where Kobe hit a ridiculous banking runner @ the buzzer in LA, beat Atlanta in 3 out of 4 games. And those are teams we struggled with. They aren't that bad.
I agree completely.

Similarly, we overrate last year's Chicago squad because of their performance against us.

Miami is a good team, but we match up well. I picked the Celts in 5 (I figured 3-0 at home, 1-1 on the road), but we might be making it too difficult for Wade. Then again, if Ray Allen has a really poor shooting game in game 4 like we have seen at times in the playoffs the past 2 years, the Heat could take a game.