Author Topic: I Guess They Really Can Turn It On  (Read 3421 times)

Re: I Guess They Really Can Turn It On
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 10:08:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Hold on guys. I'm happy with what I've seen for the most part. But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

It took us 7 games to get past the Cavs before and they're better now. I'm still not sure the Celtics are even as good as back then.
i can see you have not quite figured out the cb philosophy yet.

denial...it's not just for breakfast anymore.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 11:39:02 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Hold on guys. I'm happy with what I've seen for the most part. But lets not get too far ahead of ourselves.

It took us 7 games to get past the Cavs before and they're better now. I'm still not sure the Celtics are even as good as back then.

definitely agree.

let's not get carried away. the Celts are more focused right now and playing some good defense for more than just one quarter.

however - i'm thinking this is probably a very good matchup for us and that fact is helping us to look better than we would otherwise.

having said that ........ fortunate matchups are what some championships are made of - remember 1976 ??

it is kinda nice to watch some of these other teams go thru what the Celts have had to endure the past two seasons - tough early round matchups against young athletic teams who are just happy to be there and having fun tormenting a favorite. i'm watching OKC bury the Lakers in game 4 as we speak.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think that OKC team is truely unique. They're not just happy to be there. They had an extremely good year just for them to feel "just happy to be there".