Author Topic: trade bos-dal  (Read 3106 times)

trade bos-dal
« on: July 13, 2009, 11:48:47 PM »

Offline pumpfake

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
Dallas desperately needs size since they lost Gortat and Bass and mostly because they have Dampier, who would make a pretty bad back up center, let alone a starter.

the best big man remaining on the market is Baby. So it might be possible to sign and trade for Josh Howard if we throw in Scal, TA, and maybe one of the little three.

I think howard has the right to walk next year so the mavs might want to get something out of him now, plus i think they would preserve their mle. and they still have terry who can fill in the 2 while newly acquired marion goes 3.

pros:
1 howard is a very good player, and actually a surprisingly tough player.
2 we need a wing more than another big

cons:
I like having baby, he has a unique skill set that help us win.
howard may not like coming off the bench

Re: trade bos-dal
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 12:13:12 AM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
Dallas desperately needs size since they lost Gortat and Bass and mostly because they have Dampier, who would make a pretty bad back up center, let alone a starter.

the best big man remaining on the market is Baby. So it might be possible to sign and trade for Josh Howard if we throw in Scal, TA, and maybe one of the little three.

I think howard has the right to walk next year so the mavs might want to get something out of him now, plus i think they would preserve their mle. and they still have terry who can fill in the 2 while newly acquired marion goes 3.

pros:

cons:

I'd do it, but does big baby really give them what they need?

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:16:35 AM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
They can sign Davis to the MLE without giving up Howard.  How does this work?

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:24:03 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

pros:

cons:

You'd actually give up Scal?  Wha?   ;)

But seriously, Mark Cuban would laugh at this.  They'll wait to move Howard later.

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 12:37:22 AM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook

pros:

cons:

You'd actually give up Scal?  Wha?   ;)

But seriously, Mark Cuban would laugh at this.  They'll wait to move Howard later.
Oh I didnt see Scalimuscles in there. In that case I wouldn't do it! Thanks for pointing that out!

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Dallas is trying to win now. They aren't trading Howard for that.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 12:53:51 AM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Thanks Red
I don't know why Dallas would do this because they can just bid for baby without the trade
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 04:29:54 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

pros:

cons:

Mark Cuban isn't going to unload one of his best players to save a few bucks with expiring deals. If he wanted to unload Howard, he could get more for him. If we wanted BBD, he would just offer him the MLE...

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 06:46:24 AM »

Offline pumpfake

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
i agree with many of the concerns regarding this trade, but I believe the sign and trade would prevent dallas from using the mle. this is why it makes more sense than simply signing bb for the mle which some have suggested would be more likely to happen. that way they can use the mle for another player like odom.

also dallas might be hesitant to attempt another signing of a restricted free agent since it worked out so poorly with gortat. a sign and trade would avoid this scenario repeating.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 08:30:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553
unless Dallas uses the MLE somewhere else they would have no reason to do this.  Also, Howard is just flat out better than Davis and has a lot more trade value.  They might do a sign and trade, but it would be for someone like buckner or other crap on their bench.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 09:15:22 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Well if you want to win now, you don't trade Josh Howard, your starting sg and best defender. And it doesn't even save money (not that Cuban cares).