Author Topic: Anyone else not thrilled about the new pro-offense rules?  (Read 599 times)

Anyone else not thrilled about the new pro-offense rules?
« on: October 03, 2018, 12:38:46 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
So this year, one of the points of emphasis on officiating was calling fouls when guys try to hold or  slow guys down off the ball. Calls have been very quick this preseason (and honestly, it kills so much of the "flow" of the game) and I guess that should probably improve as the season rolls in.

That said, am I the only one who's getting bothered by how much defense is getting (for a lack of better term) "nerfed" by the league. I mean, it's bad enough that refs often overlook moving screens and travels to favor offense, and that guys like Harden can initiate a ton of contact and get to the line. Now the rules are making it easier for guys to get to their spots at will.

- LilRip

Re: Anyone else not thrilled about the new pro-offense rules?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 12:42:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The flow of games has been terrible.

The good thing is, the refs generally enforce these rules strictly in the preseason and early regular season, and promptly forget all about them sometime around December.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 01:52:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
The flow of games has been terrible.

The good thing is, the refs generally enforce these rules strictly in the preseason and early regular season, and promptly forget all about them sometime around December.
yes, though adding to this is that around december most players have figured out the changes and play more with the new rules.

so, a combination of factors on both sides i think.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 02:22:04 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If this is the product The NBA is putting on the floor this year it will be great for folks who like to watch free throw shooting...