Author Topic: Kyrie comments on where he’ll be in 20 years: “middle of nowhere no electricity”  (Read 1726 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kyrie on 20, 30 years in the future: “I don’t know if you guys will see me. I’ll probably be in 800 acres in Texas in the middle of nowhere. Off the grid in a self-sustaining community, just living with no power. Like this is fun and all, but technology is just killing me, man

https://mobile.twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1046869221311942656?s=21

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm honestly not really surprised that this is his point of view. If I had been in the spotlight for almost all of my adult life, appearing on national television because you're good with a basketball, I think I would want to get away from it all. Maybe not to the extent Kyrie is talking, but I feel as if this is a genuine want.

Or he's taking his obscure trolling to Andy Kaufman levels, which I wouldn't mind at all ;D

As long as he stays with us for a decade, wins a couple of rings and gets his # retired, I don't mind at all what he does.
If anything, it would be refreshing to see a retired NBA player not cling to the spotlight
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I like the way Kyrie thinks.

I'm definitely hoping to be completely off the grid and self-sustaining within 5-10 years.

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
This isn't that out there anymore, a lot of people are moving toward off the grid living. If not totally without electricity, they are using it less and less. I think it's a good thing. Besides, he didn't say he was going into seclusion, he said in a community.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I'm definitely hoping to be completely off the grid and self-sustaining within 5-10 years.
Are you abandoning us KGK?

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

You can come and visit Kyrie and I any time you like. ;)

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

me
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

me

New band? Next up, give them a hand, The Kyrie and Me!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Sweet! Though I'm guessing he wouldn't last too long without Twitter and attention.  He's been discussed as the "biggest diva in the NBA" unfortunately. 

https://nesn.com/2018/07/colin-cowherd-takes-shot-at-kyrie-irving-over-his-three-reputations
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Celtics 3-Peat reunion party at Kyrie's ranch!

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Sweet! Though I'm guessing he wouldn't last too long without Twitter and attention.

https://nesn.com/2018/07/colin-cowherd-takes-shot-at-kyrie-irving-over-his-three-reputations/
Stooping to Cowherd is a surprising new low

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Sweet! Though I'm guessing he wouldn't last too long without Twitter and attention.  He's been discussed as the "biggest diva in the NBA" unfortunately. 

https://nesn.com/2018/07/colin-cowherd-takes-shot-at-kyrie-irving-over-his-three-reputations/

Another snap-reply from our resident TP-panderer who cannot find Boston on a map.  JK, gouks!  ;)

Do you disagree with Cowherd? Would be interested to hear your thoughts!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Another snap-reply from our resident TP-panderer who cannot find Boston on a map.  JK, gouks!  ;)

:-* I love you tar

I’ll reply this evening (AEST) when I can!

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
All this technology is preventing us from living real lives, so he's not wrong...

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Here's my beef with Cowherd. He presents himself as this rational, nonpartisan commentator when all his segments are oozing bias. Even here, where he starts off with 'I'm an opinion guy, but these are purely facts' (or something to that effect), he completely neglects context, as per usual. It's no secret that Cowherd loves LeBron to a frightening degree, so none of his points are really surprising.

He introduces his 'facts' part of his argument by using a quote indicating Kyrie didn't want LBJ to return. This quote is hilarious, because Kyrie wanting to win without LBJ forming his second 'superteam' in Cleveland, as far as we can tell from that quote.

He brings up Kyrie's health, which is completely irrelevant to LeBron, and really anything.

He talks about his winning percentage, which is additionally completely irrelevant. A player can only do so much on a team that is tanking, and routinely making bad picks (see Thompson, Waiters and Bennett). Especially when, as Cowherd just touched upon, is injured - yet he doesn't mention that as part of the reasoning. Wonder why ::)

Then there's the 'diva' thing. One only has to look at Cowherd's history on Kyrie to know that his criticisms are generally laughable. From videos titled 'Kyrie becoming a flake', 'Kyrie needed LeBron to succeed' (it was pretty mutual there), to ones like 'How much of a mistake did Kyrie make by leaving LeBron?' and 'Is Derrick Rose enough to get LeBron and the Cavs to the Finals if Kyrie Irving leaves?'.

He clearly dislikes the guy for not bowing and scraping to King LeBron, so excuse me if I ignore everything Cowherd really says on any matter regarding sports (or generally, anything). Guy is a moron