Author Topic: Jabari Bird arrested  (Read 46095 times)

Re: Jabari Bird arrested
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2018, 03:54:06 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wow, talk about a rush to judgment.

Can we wait until the facts come in before cutting him?

He's been arrested and there would be probable cause to do so. In addition, not only was strangulation one of the allegations, but the female sustained injuries significant enough to be treated at a hospital. Not sure what facts do you think would could out that will exonerate him. Once more details are released via arrest form I would wager that it will make Bird look even worse.
so everyone who’s ever been arrested was guilty of a crime ? That’s not true

Nobody said that. What they said is, from the facts that we do know so far, it doesn't look good at all for Jabari.
why was Jason kidd allowed to keep playing after he beat his wife and the DUI?

Because he was Jason Kidd.  Not the 14th/15th player on a roster.
isnt that a double standard ? Teams and fans look the other way at crimes if one criminal bounces a ball better than another criminal.

You can’t condemn a person like Jabari bird and then look the other way at Jason Kidd. It’s hypocrisy right

Of course, its a double standard.  It's been going on forever.    I'm not saying its right but there's a reason why a star can get away with things that end of bench guys hanging on for dear life can't.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Wow, talk about a way to end your professional career.  And it hadn't even really gotten off the ground yet.  Domestic violence is just not acceptable in this day and age!

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2018, 04:36:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
will he be a Jail Bird ?

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Spoke to a few people. This is legit he’s gone
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2018, 05:21:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Perhaps we can now bring back Larkin (assuming he does in fact get waived). Has anyone heard if he signed anywhere else yet? Would like him back as an end-of-the-bench guard option to bring us energy and playmaking.

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Perhaps we can now bring back Larkin (assuming he does in fact get waived). Has anyone heard if he signed anywhere else yet? Would like him back as an end-of-the-bench guard option to bring us energy and playmaking.
larkin signed overseas

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2018, 05:50:33 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2018, 06:14:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

He's been arrested and there would be probable cause to do so. In addition, not only was strangulation one of the allegations, but the female sustained injuries significant enough to be treated at a hospital. Not sure what facts do you think would could out that will exonerate him. Once more details are released via arrest form I would wager that it will make Bird look even worse.

Nobody said that. What they said is, from the facts that we do know so far, it doesn't look good at all for Jabari.

isnt that a double standard ? Teams and fans look the other way at crimes if one criminal bounces a ball better than another criminal.

It also was another age and another time. Jason would not get away with that at this time.

Yeah right. If Jason Kidd was cut 29 teams would line up to sign him.

If Jayson Tatum did this would we cut him?  Get real bro.

« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2018, 07:04:09 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Yeah, I'm having trouble seeing Bird coming out of this clean & it all being chalked up to some sort of a simple misunderstanding. 

Innocent until proven guilty but the stuff that's come out so far don't look promising in Bird's favor.

I mean, I suppose best-case scenario would be something like Bird has a previously-diagnosed mental health condition and either there was a change in his medication or something interacted with his medication in a negative way. Assuming the other person isn't hurt too badly (and I have no information on which to base that assumption) I could see the team giving him some time to focus on getting right with his doctor and letting him come back in a few weeks with the equivalent of a doctor's note if that were the case, particularly given the league's recent focus on mental health.

Lol no one is going to accept a bad reaction to medication as an excuse for putting a woman in the hospital.

Forget basketball, Jailbari will be lucky to keep his freedom..

« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2018, 07:43:38 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
[dang] it Jabari
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2018, 08:16:24 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Yeah, I'm having trouble seeing Bird coming out of this clean & it all being chalked up to some sort of a simple misunderstanding. 

Innocent until proven guilty but the stuff that's come out so far don't look promising in Bird's favor.

I mean, I suppose best-case scenario would be something like Bird has a previously-diagnosed mental health condition and either there was a change in his medication or something interacted with his medication in a negative way. Assuming the other person isn't hurt too badly (and I have no information on which to base that assumption) I could see the team giving him some time to focus on getting right with his doctor and letting him come back in a few weeks with the equivalent of a doctor's note if that were the case, particularly given the league's recent focus on mental health.

Lol no one is going to accept a bad reaction to medication as an excuse for putting a woman in the hospital.

People routinely commit more severe acts of violence without legal ramifications.  The mental health court system intervenes and requires a patient be compliant with community mental health teatment; when they aren't, they're involuntarily committed to a state inpatient psychiatric hospital. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2018, 08:37:19 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Spoke to a few people. This is legit he’s gone

Wow. Whatever you learned made you quickly change your mind on this. Can we ask what did you hear?

« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2018, 08:41:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537

You can’t condemn a person like Jabari bird and then look the other way at Jason Kidd. It’s hypocrisy right
Welcome to the real world - the one where the amount of slack you're cut is directly proportional to your ability to generate revenue for your employer.

« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2018, 08:45:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Welcome to the real world - the one where the amount of slack you're cut is directly proportional to your ability to generate revenue for your employer.

Just look at how much slack the majority of the country is willing to cut Trump for example as long as they believe the economy is doing well

« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2018, 08:48:20 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

People routinely commit more severe acts of violence without legal ramifications.  The mental health court system intervenes and requires a patient be compliant with community mental health teatment; when they aren't, they're involuntarily committed to a state inpatient psychiatric hospital.

The mental health defense is going to be a tough sell without any history of it. Fairly certain if Bird had any issues the team would have been privy to it (hipaa be [dang]ed) and wouldn't have signed him. You just don't take that risk for a bench warmer.