Author Topic: 11.9% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today  (Read 79948 times)

Re: 15.6% chance of winning the draft lottery as of today
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2014, 11:19:14 AM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
The percentage to land a Top 3 pick would be where my real interest lies.
That's what I am interested in as well.

I think there has been a clear separation of talent from Wiggins, Embiid and Parker and the rest of the field. 1-3 is all I care about as I am not too excited over the prospects of landing Randle(we already have a young PF), Exum, Smart(we already have a PG that can pass lights out, rebound and can't shoot) or Gordon(IMHO, the biggest chance of a total bust in the top 10 players).

If we don't end up in the top 3 I hope Danny trades the pick.

I agree with the above and mostly the bolded part.

Similar to 2007, I think the draft lottery may dictate the direction Ainge goes.

If the pick falls in the top-3, I could see Ainge being more palpable to moving Rondo and deciding to build around Parker/Wiggins/Embiid.

If the pick falls out of the top-3, I believe (or hope) Ainge trades it and decides to build around Rondo and the acquired star.

I myself do not agree with this because the top six all have chances to be franchise players and truth be told i'm hearing Exum might be the best player out of all of the lottery picks.  Sorry but i take my chances with a top 6 pick this year.

« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Don't flame me too bad here..... ;D

But ,  I think Parker is a bit of Pierce about him.   

He can kill you from anywhere on the court with his offense ......and he is going to become a more efficient shooter and better handler in a few year.

On the offensive end, I definitely see similiarities.

Weird , but I watched a lot of Pierce Kansas basketball .....although my memory is fading ...... I think back to those early first  times watching Paul  when I see Parker...... Paul had a better team at Kansas too. 

Was also odd.....is a kept seeing visions of Paul playing in Celtics green as I watch Kansas .......wishful thinking ..LOL .....but it worked out .

I really see nobody built and gifted like James ......the one man army or team......though several,of these kids could be the go to guys on their respective teams and make all stars in 5 years .

I think Randle is a beast and will show off the minute he enters the NBA ......he is built for it .....reminds me of Zbo....but he maybe another Sully or Big Al.......the others draft top picks all have more potential  in the long run.....but,Parker and Randle will be double doubling pretty quick.

« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2014, 12:20:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I want wiggins, embiid, grant, smart or if levine declares . We have enough under the rim players and in dire need of athletic players that know how to play.

Recent History has shown that teams with highly athletic players or a top center have won it all. Exceptions are the 90s jazz which made the finals several times without an over the top athletic player or center.

I want to take the safe route and avoid parker who is seriously reminding me of the way melo plays, especially defensively

« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2014, 01:15:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
in dire need of athletic players that know how to play.
Who isn't...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2014, 01:20:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Exceptions are the 90s jazz which made the finals several times without an over the top athletic player or center.
Karl Malone would have a bone to pick with you -- the one he could just pull from anywhere in your body.

the dude was ready to compete as a professional body builder and thrived in a fastbreak offense.  I'd consider him pretty athletic.

« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2014, 01:23:53 PM »

Offline NikoZea

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
in dire need of athletic players that know how to play.
Who isn't...

Thunder maybe? idk thats a tough one.
"Because there are no fours." -- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes.

"Stars. The Eskimos use them to find their way home. I use them to wish for a girlfriend."

« Reply #231 on: January 31, 2014, 01:24:02 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Exceptions are the 90s jazz which made the finals several times without an over the top athletic player or center.
Karl Malone would have a bone to pick with you -- the one he could just pull from anywhere in your body.

the dude was ready to compete as a professional body builder and thrived in a fastbreak offense.  I'd consider him pretty athletic.

Karl Malone is an incredible athlete that's a crazy thing to say.  To be that big and move that gracefully... well you just hardly ever see it.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Hakeem and embiid were very similar in college. Wow.

« Reply #233 on: January 31, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Karl Malone is an incredible athlete that's a crazy thing to say.  To be that big and move that gracefully... well you just hardly ever see it.

Malone as conditioned as he was , was not really an above the rim player or as athletic as say hakeem vs fundementally sound

« Reply #234 on: January 31, 2014, 01:35:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Hakeem and embiid were very similar in college. Wow.
First year.

Then Hakeem spent his summer with Moses Malone and came back for his last two years and was a monster. Not sure Embiid is going to have that type of growth between now and the fall. The next time Hakeem scored less than 14 PPG, had less 11 RPG or blocked less than 2.7 BPG, at any level, was when he was 34-35 years old.

Just do not see Embiid taking that leap forward
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:47:41 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Malone as conditioned as he was , was not really an above the rim player or as athletic as say hakeem vs fundementally sound
You don't have to be a high jumper to be considered athletic. To think Malone wasn't a freak athlete is just strange. Watched Malone a ton and he was the best athlete on the court 90% of the time when he played.

« Reply #236 on: January 31, 2014, 01:42:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You don't have to be a high jumper to be considered athletic. To think Malone wasn't a freak athlete is just strange. Watched Malone a ton and he was the best athlete on the court 90% of the time when he played.

He is not dwade, lebron athletic.

« Reply #237 on: January 31, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Yes, he was. He just was not a high flyer.

« Reply #238 on: January 31, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Agreed.  I'm not sure where that notion comes from, Malone was a heckuva of an athlete for someone his build.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #239 on: January 31, 2014, 01:48:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

DO you know the player whose body type LeBron is most often compared to?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner