Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by hpantazo on Yesterday at 09:19:40 PM »
What team does LeBron weasel his way to when the Lakers lose? Heat? Cavs? Warriors?

OCK or Dallas
« Last post by perks-a-beast on Yesterday at 09:15:28 PM »
What team does LeBron weasel his way to when the Lakers lose? Heat? Cavs? Warriors?
Game Threads / Re: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24
« Last post by j804 on Yesterday at 09:13:21 PM »
A relief. Looks like someone adjusted. Coach credit?

It's hard to give credit for an adjustment that 90% of fans were calling for, and which should have been implemented in Game 2.

This is where I'm at.  The players responded well after the first quarter.  The decision to go with an Al + Kornet combo was headscratching.

The adjustments that should have been made in game 2 were simple.  Play smaller, faster.  Contest the 3 point line better.  Get into the ball more defensively.
Definitely and one other quirk I’m not a fan of taking Tatum out early especially in the playoffs. I get it we killed them today and played a [dang] near perfect game but sitting your best player midway through the first quarter just seems head scratching to me. Especially against a better team as we advance, taking out your best player is a W for the opposition.
« Last post by mr. dee on Yesterday at 09:12:16 PM »
ABC has the worst introduction music.  I miss the NBA on NBC intro from the 90's.

NBA on CBS in the 80's was the GOAT especially when tommy heinsohn was calling games for CBS

That intro actually is my favorite but figured the NBC one is more iconic.  Cheesy 80's graphics but the music was pretty cool
ESPN actually had a good tune. Just have to stick with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgLIoOojHkc
« Last post by tazzmaniac on Yesterday at 09:10:52 PM »
For Miami-Boston it's literally "home court DISADVANTAGE"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boston is 6-2 AT Miami in playoff games since 2022, but Miami is 6-3 at TD Garden in same span.

yup it is nuts. makes us winning game 4 even more important. go up 3-1 and hope to close out at home albeit as you said we are not good at home against miami
This team is not just good in home court at all

2018 - Lost to Cavs on their homecourt
2019 - Lost all the home games against Bucks in a gentleman sweep.
2022 - Lost in the finals in their home court
2023 - Lost game 7 against the Heat
LOL!!  How many players on this team were on the 2018 and 2019 teams. 
« Last post by SHAQATTACK on Yesterday at 09:10:47 PM »
Celtics will be all right IF they can overcome the Heat .  It’s part the determination the Heat bring against the Celtics and the rest the Celtics mental weakness against the Heat.
« Last post by RMO on Yesterday at 09:08:14 PM »
ABC has the worst introduction music.  I miss the NBA on NBC intro from the 90's.

NBA on CBS in the 80's was the GOAT especially when tommy heinsohn was calling games for CBS

That intro actually is my favorite but figured the NBC one is more iconic.  Cheesy 80's graphics but the music was pretty cool
« Last post by SCeltic34 on Yesterday at 09:05:23 PM »
A relief. Looks like someone adjusted. Coach credit?

It's hard to give credit for an adjustment that 90% of fans were calling for, and which should have been implemented in Game 2.

This is where I'm at.  The players responded well after the first quarter.  The decision to go with an Al + Kornet combo was headscratching.

The adjustments that should have been made in game 2 were simple.  Play smaller, faster.  Contest the 3 point line better.  Get into the ball more defensively.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvwVc1JArjM

Joe Mazula offense in microscope

That rant is EXACTLY how I also feel watching this team.
The two superstars are dumb enough as it is. Add in a literally brain-dead coach and you have a huge cluster.
It's incomprehensible to me that players and coaches at this level are playing such bad basketball and seem oblivious to that fact.
If Brad is watching this and is not alarmed, then something is very wrong with our franchise.
The Celtics had the best offense in the NBA this year. Game 2 was terrible but can we please take a deep breath and have a memory that lasts longer than 2 days?

A long memory is the problem.  We all watched last year and are having flashbacks.

Is there a forum friendly term for people that have strong emotional reactions at the first glimpse of adversity? I think if we could come up with a common vocabulary, many would be less offended. I like snowflake, but that might be strong. Maybe something equivalent to woke?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10