Author Topic: Jeremy Lin a Rocket  (Read 12875 times)

Re: Jeremy Lin a Rocket
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:28 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I am actually stunned by the anti-Knick outcry over not resigning Lin. Lin had a quarter season excellent run. Quarter season.

You're not really stunned are you? It was the best sports story of the season. And the Knicks' "prudent" decision might be the team's first. The Knicks just last year spent $14.2 million to release Chauncey Billups. They can't find $15 million to pay Jeremy Lin to play?

Remember Marbury's $88 million for one playoff appearance and $19 million buyout? Larry Brown's $18 and half million buyout? Jerome James' 5 years $30 million for one season's worth of basketball games? Eddy Curry's 6 years $60 million?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:53:36 AM by The Walker Wiggle »

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 02:47:32 AM »

Offline celtic -_- pride

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 60
  • Stuff & Things
does anyone else think he was signed just for a business reason ? i mean they had yao ming and made bank off him from the asian demo. and this could be a way to retap into that profit ? co worker brought it up and it makes sense i guess... any thoughts ? cause lin isnt really a team changer or going to turn the rockets around. and if they want dwight i dont see them playing well together
[img width= height=]http://s7.postimg.org/jsyw5qrez/banner.jpg[/img]

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 02:48:59 AM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Mike James had an entire season like that. I see no earthly reason to sign him to that contract.

But I am happy some is reaping 05-06 Mike James! I had to look this up. So James WAS fire. Flag this post for the CB Historic Draft. 20.3 points on 47% shooting, 44% from behind the arc, in 79 games. Lin scores at the same rate in 35 games last season (19.6 points per 36) but not as effectively, 45 FG% and 32 3PT%.

But unfortunately for your man James, Lin takes him everywhere else, draws more free throws, out rebounds Mike, passes better, creates twice as many steals, and isn't the huge defensive liability that Mike was. (I didn't watch a lot of Raptors games that season. But apparently the guy wasn't looking to guard anybody. -0.1 DWS!)

And here's the thing, Mike was 30. Lin is 23. So you're betting that he's peaked seven years earlier? Or to put it another way, Fab Melo is only a year younger than Lin and everyone is telling me I need to be patient with that knuckle head.

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 03:01:46 AM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Also everybody please remember that in the fever pitch of Linsanity, MSG gained some $71 million in market capitalization in eight days. How much did the kid want again?

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2012, 06:23:03 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Also everybody please remember that in the fever pitch of Linsanity, MSG gained some $71 million in market capitalization in eight days. How much did the kid want again?
How much money will they make presuming the team loses games and Lin falls down to earth as a bench warming Flip Murray type of guy?

I'm not so sure he remains a hot ticket if he's not playing out of his butt.

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 07:17:11 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Someone give me Houston starting five right now..i dont think they know
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 09:35:14 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
 :o
David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog
Jeremy Lin contract: $25m / 3 years. Amount he'll save in state & local income taxes by playing in TX vs NY: $800,000/year.