Author Topic: Tyreke evans banned from nba for 2 years  (Read 2896 times)

Re: Tyreke evans banned from nba for 2 years
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 06:18:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Tyreke Evans tested positive for "drugs of abuse." According to ESPN (when Chris Andersen was dismissed for this), "The drugs on that list are amphetamine and its analogs, which include methamphetamine; cocaine; LSD; opiates, including heroin, codeine and morphine; and PCP."

It does not mean Evan's took all of them. It simply states which one is considered drug of abuse and harshly judged.

LSD; opiates, including heroin, codeine and morphine; and PCP are not analogs of amphetamines. Amphetamine is a central nervous stimulant. You could throw cocaine on that list as an upper but it's not in the amphetamine family in :angel: a strict sense... :angel:

While that list of drugs is extremely concerning, I will play devil's advocate real quick. Amphetamine in the most positive term could have meant he was abusing Adderral without a script.
     I in no way condone that, but thousands of students at every college in the nation abuse that drug for testing or recreational purposes on a consistent basis.
     Hopefully he can get the help he needs. He will probably play the rest of his days overseas. Very sad to see.

Wow. What a shocker.
He will be 32 at the earliest when he can play here, but I don't think that he will never play in this league again.

Yep pretty sad to see.

Yeah, sure, I've taken all except PCP. I would say amphetamines are mainly to aid in stimulating energy and your body to stay awake/aware. The fact that amphetamines are in the same class as cocaine, PCP, and heroin is concerning, but its how America has operated these several decades. (I'm pro LSD.) But I'm not defending Evans either. He knew exactly what the rules were, that's on him to prevent this from happening.

Sad state of affairs.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 06:43:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
At 30 years old he knows the rules and consequences.

poor judgement

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 06:53:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The NBA announced that Tyreke Evans has been disqualified from the league for violating the banned substances policy.

Evans can apply for reinstatement after two years.

https://twitter.com/keithsmithnba/status/1129488268842688513?s=21

He is done imo

he has made close to 65 million dollars (gross)

not a bad way to leave the league

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 10:24:37 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Wonder what the Chinese league rules are regarding drugs.   

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 10:41:25 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Tyreke Evans tested positive for "drugs of abuse." According to ESPN (when Chris Andersen was dismissed for this), "The drugs on that list are amphetamine and its analogs, which include methamphetamine; cocaine; LSD; opiates, including heroin, codeine and morphine; and PCP."

It does not mean Evan's took all of them. It simply states which one is considered drug of abuse and harshly judged.

LSD; opiates, including heroin, codeine and morphine; and PCP are not analogs of amphetamines. Amphetamine is a central nervous stimulant. You could throw cocaine on that list as an upper but it's not in the amphetamine family in :angel: a strict sense... :angel:

Semicolon vs comma. Everything separated by semicolon are unrelated. The list looks accurate to me.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 03:44:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He could have gotten a two year ban for codeine?  That seems harsh.

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
This doing has opened up another potential trade parter for Hayward.

They need help for Dipo....

Hayward for mcdermott and young resigned atv3 years 13 mill?

Mcdermott flipped in a deal for davis as salary balast

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 11:25:30 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

You're reading it wrong. The list is:

1. Amphetamine and its analogs (which include methamphetamine)
2. Cocaine
3. LSD
4. Opiates (including heroin, codeine, and morphine)
5. PCP

No one is saying that LSD, etc. are amphetamines
I'm bitter.