Author Topic: What to do about wade?  (Read 6648 times)

Re: What to do about wade?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 05:45:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I suppose another option would be to play more small ball, with pietrus in place of bass.  We could certainly get away with it since they have alien nation head playing power forward.
This is the direction I am leaning in.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Aye, zone and throw bodies at him.   Pietrus and Pierce,  Daniels and maybe Moore and Sasha.

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 05:54:29 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I would be interested to see if Doc throws different guys at wade to see what works...we do have alot of wings quisy, pavs, pietrus, dooling

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 06:18:14 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think putting Rondo on Wade at least some of the time will help.  Mix that in with Pietrus playing some shooting guard (as well as perhaps Dooling), and things will likely be OK. 

Wade also has no picnic guarding Ray.  Even if Ray's not hitting like he has been, Wade still has to run around on screens with him.  And that likely will take a toll on him. 

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Put in Moore with instructions to take Wade's legs out from under him the next time he is in the air for a dunk.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 07:14:02 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I would start MDaniels.  I would use him as ABradley and bring Ray off the bench. 

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 08:00:57 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Wade and lebron...well, my idea is what indy didn't do...gotta try to play deny the ball to these guys....most defenders have TOO big of an ego to do this..as in..." 10 feet off..."i got him"  then pick up the D when he gets the ball"  can't do that with these 2 AND the refs.........but gotta watch chalmers for sure...miller, he is a faker-punk.......the rest......still need to be near....

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
and like i  said before....sasha and md can help out on wade.....like i always say..sasha shut joe j down....he CAN cover wade..and shoot.....and he is prob the healthiest guy on the team.....!!! He is not a scrub..!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
and like i  said before....sasha and md can help out on wade.....like i always say..sasha shut joe j down....he CAN cover wade..and shoot.....and he is prob the healthiest guy on the team.....!!! He is not a scrub..!!!

Meadow....good stuff.. we need to get you hooked up and sitting on the bench beside  Doc  this series and put these ideas in his head.... LoL

;D

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 08:31:15 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Wade will get p---ed and chippy if we frustrate him with a bunch of "nobodies".
In other words, players considered beneath his level.  So that's what we should aim for.

Give Sasha the first 4 minutes of each half and tell him to pester the heck out of Wade.

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 08:40:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Wade will get p---ed and chippy if we frustrate him with a bunch of "nobodies".
In other words, players considered beneath his level.  So that's what we should aim for.

Give Sasha the first 4 minutes of each half and tell him to pester the heck out of Wade.

Yes he does...he hates to be worried and nagged, he is a street bully ,  and acts like one on court,  with his don't guard me attitude .... he is so full of cow grass.....  I was expecting him to loose his tempter with Bradley and I expect he would have for this game ,  one that is so important.

If he wants to fight ..thats fine...he gets thrown out of the game and series.... We should be all in his face.

Here is where I miss Perk.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I would start MDaniels.  I would use him as ABradley and bring Ray off the bench. 

What?  No.  Just...No.

Marquis on Wade?  We'll get chewed up all the time

Pietrus on Wade sound to me like the best idea.  Start Pietrus and we're good

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 08:47:26 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
and like i  said before....sasha and md can help out on wade.....like i always say..sasha shut joe j down....he CAN cover wade..and shoot.....and he is prob the healthiest guy on the team.....!!! He is not a scrub..!!!

Meadow....good stuff.. we need to get you hooked up and sitting on the bench beside  Doc  this series and put these ideas in his head.... LoL

;D
I'd probably get along better with tommy and mike.....!!!

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......

;D
I'd probably get along better with tommy and mike.....!!!
i know i am rabid......sometimes...but, but, but..i am taking my meds......my doctor said in 100 years...I will be cured...!

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
watch SA play..they got a ROOKIE like jjj...who actually plays...but he played ALL season so he is tuned....big diff from doc.....doc plans on no one being injured.....