Author Topic: EEI Lame for Celts fans  (Read 3555 times)

EEI Lame for Celts fans
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:33:51 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Just used fanpost by accident...thought it was new way to post in new setup...sorry...

Anway, Very redundant...but EEI is a dead end if you're a diehard Celtics fan.  Token talk here and there, but after a scintillating win, it's all Sox and Pats, even though we're heating up for NBA playoffs...I give up..

Re: EEI Lame for Celts fans
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 10:38:05 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea outside of the occasional dale and holley discussion, WEEI is worthless IMO.

I cant stand the big show and all the patriot and sox ball washing that goes on.

i mean, say what you will about feliger, but i thought his show on 890 was excellent. His over negitivness was balanced out nicely by winters.

the big show is a waste, either call in to smooze the pats or sox or prephare to be blown up.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
couldn't agree with you more.

p*sses me off. I feel like they even talk about the bruins more than the celtics at times (especially dale).
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:59:35 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
yea outside of the occasional dale and holley discussion, WEEI is worthless IMO.

I cant stand the big show and all the patriot and sox ball washing that goes on.

i mean, say what you will about feliger, but i thought his show on 890 was excellent. His over negitivness was balanced out nicely by winters.

the big show is a waste, either call in to smooze the pats or sox or prephare to be blown up.

I also like Dale and Holley.  And I love the Sox and Pats, but when they do Sox and Pats minutiae over dramatic Celtics news, it ruins the mood.  I grew up believing Boston was a great basketball city, and I guess it is, as long as you stay off sports radio....

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 11:27:14 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't know, they were talking about last nights game for a good portion of my drive into work this morning on Dennis and Callahan. 

And they have been talking about KG's knee, pretty much nonstop all week.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I agree, combined that entire station knows nothing about the NBA or the Celtics and they make no effort to learn anything about it. For years when the C's were bad they made a joke out of not knowing the team when someone called in about the C's. The station is caller driver, and most of the people that call in are pretty dumb, and would rather talk about Rocco Baldelli than the world champion basketball team they have, that is gearing up for the playoffs.

Probably the most annoying thing is that the C's are the best team in the market, and get no love. I find Glenn Ordway to be the worst person on that station, mainly because he seems to take pride in knowing nothing about the sports he talks about, especially basketball, on which he is supposed to be an expert. Time and time again I have heard him mislead callers with false information to justify his points, he has zero knowledge of the NBA salary cap, the way trades work in the NBA, and really how the game is played nowadays.

I mean remember when the C's made all the trades, what did we hear that the Celtics were an ECF team at best, which we all knew was ludicrous. Remember when they kept saying, after KG played a few games for the C's, how we had no idea exactly what kind of player he was? Anyone that watched the NBA for the last 10 years, knew exactly what we were getting in KG. I even heard one of the guest hosts say that Ray Allen was going to run the point for the Celtics when he came here.

They don't watch the team and don't care about it, this is displayed by their lack of knowledge.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 11:30:27 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I don't know, they were talking about last nights game for a good portion of my drive into work this morning on Dennis and Callahan. 

That's the thing, they love to talk about news and anything controversial, because it doesn't require any pre-show work, they rarely talk about the actual games, the way they do with the Sox and Pats ad nauseum.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 11:37:45 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

That's the thing, they love to talk about news and anything controversial, because it doesn't require any pre-show work, they rarely talk about the actual games, the way they do with the Sox and Pats ad nauseum.

That's Sports Radio though.  They talk about things that are controversial, because that is what the majority of listeners want to hear.

And by the way, I heard VERY little talk about the Pats and Sox today, it was all Celtics, and Jay Cutler. 

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
Why not listen to Celticsstufflive and participate in the Chat rooms?

With JB, Jughead, and the Duke plus all the great guests they have, this is my primary source for what goes in with the Celtics.

If I lived in Boston, I probably would not give 'EEI the time of day.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 01:54:31 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
It doesnt bother me a whole lot because Im also a fan of the Patriots and Red sox (not a diehard like i am with the celtics)...on occasion It does get old, but theres other days when theres alot of celtics talk...

For example today they Interviewed Doc Rivers on Dennis & Callhan...great interview
Dale and Holley started off there show with a great Ray Allen interview
Big show interviewd Danny ainge last night
etc etc etc

It could be worse, you could be a bruins fan...#1 team in the NHL and theres even less talk about them...but then again WEEI talks about them more then anyone outside of NESN...they do  a decent job overall talking about all the teams, and talking about what there callers want them too
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

With JB, Jughead, and the Duke plus all the great guests they have, this is my primary source for what goes in with the Celtics.

I think this is great advice for anyone who has a problem with WEEI as a Celtics fan. 

I listen to it because I find it entertaining at times, but would never listen to it to hear intelligent talk about anything, especially not the Celtics.

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 02:00:57 PM »

• Don Chaney

I think this is great advice for anyone who has a problem with WEEI as a Celtics fan. 

I listen to it because I find it entertaining at times, but would never listen to it to hear intelligent talk about anything, especially not the Celtics.

CelticsStuffLive is great...but its a once a week show, and sometimes the talk isnt all that more intelligent then what you hear on EEI

and again, in the last 24 hours theres been good interviews with Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers, and Ray Allen on WEEI..and every game is also broadcasted on the network.. so im not in 100% agreement here...they talk about the celtics quite a bit.
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 02:04:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

CelticsStuffLive is great...but its a once a week show

and again, in the last 24 hours theres been good interviews with Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers, and Ray Allen on WEEI.. so im not 100% agreement here...they talk about the celtics quite a bit, but of course not there whole show

Absolutely.  I'm just saying that if you want intelligent, balanced conversation about any sport, talk radio, and especially WEEI is not what you are looking for.  They are entertainers, and just like any form of entertainment, it always needs to be watered down, if they want high ratings from the masses.

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

• Don Chaney
Oh, and all the Big show has talked about this week is the KG injury, to the point where its getting annoying

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 02:45:37 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
WEEI has been talking Celtics all week! They cannot win when it comes to the standard of some hardcore C's fans on this site... incredible.

Chris, let me know when you call the Big Show with a Celtic topic. I'll grab a pen and a pad with the idea of "around the horn" type scoring. It would be interesting... You know your stuff and outside of the in depth cap stuff Ordway does too.
The only color that matters is GREEN