Author Topic: IF All 12 Can Play, Is There a Deeper 1-thru-12 in the NBA?  (Read 3473 times)

Re: IF All 12 Can Play, Is There a Deeper 1-thru-12 in the NBA?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 01:39:48 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Nope the C's are the deepest team in the league.  Thanks DA.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 01:41:16 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
The C's are the deepest team in the league.  Thanks DA.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671
Walker has shown more this year than Pruitt has in two years.

Maybe, I don't know. He certainly dunked more times. But it was too little anyway. How many minutes of non-garbage basketball has he played? 50? If Walker was in any other team and had played so little without any particularly great game, nobody here would mention him as a potential playoffs contributor or even as a good prospect.

Well, to be honest, I don't see him doing anything in the playoffs either.  That said, I think he's done as well as we could have asked.  Doc made it clear that Billy wasn't really ready to contribute this year when he never played him through the first half of the year.  When Walker was forced into games because of injuries, though - out of position at times, even - he held his own.  

Anyway, sorry for kinda hijacking the thread.  Continue.

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 02:01:27 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
For some reason TA's return last night, made me think of this.  I guess I had written Tony off for the season.  If KG comes back, and Powe returns, we then have 12 guys on the active roster who all have something to offer.  Your 11th & 12th men are who?  TA & Walker.  I am writing Scal off. The end of the bench is a significant upgrade from what you normally see, even on a good team.  The down side is, it's next to impossible to have a 12 man rotation ever, much less in the playoffs. 

Full health seems like a big stretch.  If KG can play on a limited minutes basis, that depth will be key. Hopefully Doc will have the full arsenal to bring to battle.
Did Tony Allen really return last night?   He had a uniform on but got the same court time he got in street clothes.  I guess he did participate in warmups.   ;)