Author Topic: Fred Roggin of espn radio in LA says KG may be done for the year  (Read 10083 times)

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Last night on espn radio, LA sports media vet, Freg Roggin, casually reported that according to Garnett's borther in law - Jimmy Jam - Garnett is done for the year.

The knee is worse than anyone originally thought. We've all gathered that much in todays papers as well.

I believe there is no way he will be 100%. It is possible we may not see him until next year. I'm hoping he can give us something. The C's may just be holding out hope, and staying quiet so that they can sell more merchandise and tickets before pulling the plug.

When I hear Pierce say - hopefully KG will be 75%, and Perk hoping KG will be 60%, I get worried.

No matter what i'm rooting for as many wins as we can get. But KG's status is being kept pretty secretive. And sometimes where there is smoke there is fire.

Re: Fred Roggin of espn radio in LA says KG may be done for the year
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 03:37:38 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
Last night on espn radio, LA sports media vet, Freg Roggin, casually reported that according to Garnett's borther in law - Jimmy Jam - Garnett is done for the year.

The knee is worse than anyone originally thought. We've all gathered that much in todays papers as well.

I believe there is no way he will be 100%. It is possible we may not see him until next year. I'm hoping he can give us something. The C's may just be holding out hope, and staying quiet so that they can sell more merchandise and tickets before pulling the plug.

When I hear Pierce say - hopefully KG will be 75%, and Perk hoping KG will be 60%, I get worried.

No matter what i'm rooting for as many wins as we can get. But KG's status is being kept pretty secretive. And sometimes where there is smoke there is fire.

It's what they were talking about on EEI earlier in the week.

1987 all over again.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 03:43:39 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
normally i would chalk these reports as purely speculation, in search of ratings.

But it wasn't even a radio headline on last nights show. I don't want to be doom and gloom, but the train is sliding of the tracks. Little reports seam to be leaking out...

Good thing is, this train is still good enough to cause some serious damage this post season! We're not going down without an epic battle.

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 03:46:44 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I still believe this team can make the ECF without KG.

Then we will need something incredible to happen to get to the Finals and then who knows what might happen!

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 03:47:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
normally i would chalk these reports as purely speculation, in search of ratings.

But it wasn't even a radio headline on last nights show. I don't want to be doom and gloom, but the train is sliding of the tracks. Little reports seam to be leaking out...

Good thing is, this train is still good enough to cause some serious damage this post season! We're not going down without an epic battle.

Truth. If you think Paul, Ray, Rondo and Perk are going out without a fight, then you've never watched this team.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 03:50:39 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Well if it's a report out of L.A., then it must be true.  ::)

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I get the sense that if KG is medically able to play, he'll be out there (ala Kevin McHale in '87).  That may not be the best thing for his long term longevity, but he and the team may decide to go for it this season (with waivers galore).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 03:56:10 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
Well if it's a report out of L.A., then it must be true.  ::)

Ha! Normally I agree. But this is yet one more report to add to the speculation fire. KG has family in LA. His family should know more about KG than me.

I'm just saying that when you see smoke, it's worth checking out. Could be nothing. Could be something.

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 04:02:30 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
Good Lord Roy! 19998 posts?

Yeah I think that there's going to be a lot of intense discussions among KG, Doc, Ainge, ownership, etc.

KG still has something like $60/3 remaining. They expect good things out of their investment over the next 3 years.

I think KG will give it a go too.

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 04:04:01 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I'm beginning to worry more and more by reading these reports, so I'll be relieved (for the better or the worse) when we'll finally learn the truth from Doc, Danny or Kevin himself... but when will they do so? :-\

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 04:06:31 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I have lost all faith in Garnett coming back for the playoffs at anything more than 65%.

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78

It's what they were talking about on EEI earlier in the week.

1987 all over again.

So you think the C's will make it to Game 6 of the Finals this year?

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 04:13:30 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
If KG's done for the year I still want him on the bench, cheering on and getting on his team--on the defensive end especially.  None of this isolating him in the locker room stuff.

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 04:14:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
KG will never allow KG to be out for the year.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
KG will never allow KG to be out for the year.

and if KG acts cowarly maybe surely KG will mop the floor with him and
make him play with heart and over the pain.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!