Author Topic: Michael Redd done for the season  (Read 5983 times)

Re: Michael Redd done for the season
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Quote from: the Associated Press
Milwaukee Bucks star guard Michael Redd will miss the rest of the season with two torn ligaments in his left knee.

Another set back for the Bucks.

At least the Cavs won't trade Wally for him.
Unfortunately, this is the first thing that came into my mind as well.

Good, now he won't go to the Cavs and help them beat us.

Does that make me a bad person?

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Quote from: the Associated Press
Milwaukee Bucks star guard Michael Redd will miss the rest of the season with two torn ligaments in his left knee.

Another set back for the Bucks.

At least the Cavs won't trade Wally for him.
Unfortunately, this is the first thing that came into my mind as well.

Good, now he won't go to the Cavs and help them beat us.

Does that make me a bad person?

Nope. It means Red is doing his job up in sports heaven.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Well, that sucks for his fantasy owners (including me).

Roy, I'm with you. I hope you got a jump on Sessions... :-[

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 07:19:16 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I don't think Redd would help the Cavs (not that the Bucks would trade him solely for Wally, or Wally and late 1st, anyway). I think a Cleveland team with a Mo/Redd backcourt would be more easy to beat. Redd is not a good fit next to Mo or LeBron.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2009, 07:36:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think Redd would help the Cavs (not that the Bucks would trade him solely for Wally, or Wally and late 1st, anyway). I think a Cleveland team with a Mo/Redd backcourt would be more easy to beat. Redd is not a good fit next to Mo or LeBron.
Who do you think would help the Cavs the most?

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 08:47:52 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Richard Jefferson for Powe, O'Bryant, Scalabrine, House, Allen, Giddens and Cassell works salary wise.

Just saying...
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 08:54:07 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Richard Jefferson for Powe, O'Bryant, Scalabrine, House, Allen, Giddens and Cassell works salary wise.

Just saying...
Just playing Bucks' advocate here and I say hellz no to that.

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 09:34:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Just saying...
Just playing Bucks' advocate here and I say hellz no to that.
I'm not sure how well that would work for us even. We'd need to sign some more players to fill out the roster at least.

Oh well never would happen.

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 10:04:45 PM »

Offline gkiteisscal

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7

IMO if it ain't broke don't fix it.  They are one of the top 4 teams in the game right now and none of these teams are head and shoulders above the others.  I do not think there are many available players for the Cavs that fit their game.  I think Rip would be a good fit as he can play defense and plays well off the ball, but no way Detroit trades him to Clevland.

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Rasheed Wallace at the 4 next to big Z would make Cleveland pretty darn impossible

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 10:36:25 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

IMO if it ain't broke don't fix it.  They are one of the top 4 teams in the game right now and none of these teams are head and shoulders above the others.  I do not think there are many available players for the Cavs that fit their game.  I think Rip would be a good fit as he can play defense and plays well off the ball, but no way Detroit trades him to Clevland.

I don't exactly agree. I think that in principle every player of Redd's level would help Cleveland. However, a Redd/Mo backcourt is very bad defensively, and they'd struggle to contain the opponents guards, plus LeBron would have to take the best opponent wing every time. And Redd is a great scorer, but I wonder if they'd have enough ball, as Redd is not exactly a great catch and shooter, or a pure shooter - he's good in that chapter but he adds value when he can play 1on1, dribbling towards the rim or taking a mid-range shot. In Cleveland he would be reduced to a lesser role, and I doubt he'd produce enough to make up for the defensive downgrade. They could always have him in a small-role, but that would be odd, and not worthy of risking the chemistry.

A wing like Rip or big that can score (even someone like, say, McDyess) would be great fits for them.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 11:12:09 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Rasheed Wallace at the 4 next to big Z would make Cleveland pretty darn impossible

Don't scare me like that.