Author Topic: Rank the Eastern Conference.  (Read 5110 times)

Re: Rank the Eastern Conference.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2009, 05:53:32 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
A top 10:

Cleveland
Boston
Orlando
Milwaukee
Detroit
Atlanta
Miami
Philly
Toronto
Indiana

Michael Redd being done for the season will take Milwaukee pretty far down that list unfortunately.

That's true, unfortunately.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2009, 05:53:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Orlando
4. Miami
5. Atlanta
6. Detroit
7. Philadelphia
8. New York
9. Charlotte
10.Indiana
11. Milwaukee
12. New Jersey
13. Toronto
14.Chicago
15. Washington

Solid list. I agree down the line.

John Paxon, you should be ashamed. You had a good coach, talent, draft picks, and trade chips and you blew it. You should be contending for a title but instead your about to lose your job.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252009/sports/moresports/no_answer_for_piston_failure_151908.htm
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2009, 07:32:07 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
A top 10:

Cleveland
Boston
Orlando
Milwaukee
Detroit
Atlanta
Miami
Philly
Toronto
Indiana

Michael Redd being done for the season will take Milwaukee pretty far down that list unfortunately.

Oh sure, certainly. I was assuming decent health to anyone. Unlike Detroit and Atlanta, the Bucks are not well equipped to deal with injuries on their best players. Redd is not even their most valuable player, Bogut is (they are one of the top defending teams after the BOS/CLE/ORL troika and a top3 rebounding team with Bogut), but he's important, as now, to put points on the board, they'll have to play CV and Sessions, two defensive sieves, a lot more, even when they're being inconsistent offensively. But Bogut is also out and has missed lots of games with a back injury; Bell, their best defensive guard, has been injured for most of the season as well; so, at this point, the ranking I attributed to them is mostly theoretical. 

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 07:42:01 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
not as record would show, but rank how you think the East stacks up Power wise this season.

1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Atlanta
4. Orlando
5. Miami
6. Detroit
7. Toronto
8. New York
9. Milwaukee
10.Philadelphia
11.New Jersey
12.Charlotte
13.Washington
14.Chicago
15.Indiana

and i have Atlanta as my 3 becuase if you have a big man that can atleast hold back dwight howard (as the big teams in the NBA do) then you can destroy their whole offense becuase its based on Dwight getting doubled then making the pass to the open shooter.

I agree with your list the most. The Hawks are an odd group though, usually they only turn into a team of all Kobe's when we go against them, otherwise they seem pretty bad. Behind Cleveland, Atlanta would take my pick for 3rd best.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!