Author Topic: Tony Parker: Rondo is the most overrated PG in the NBA  (Read 19859 times)

Re: Tony Parker: Rondo is the most overrated PG in the NBA
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2009, 02:51:14 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
mr eva is the most overated point guard. He be nothing without timmy, I'm thing of dropping off the one fantasy team where I own him just out of principle.

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2009, 09:05:28 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
mr eva is the most overated point guard. He be nothing without timmy, I'm thing of dropping off the one fantasy team where I own him just out of principle.

dont do that hes  having a good year  ;)

p.s. man all this jokes about he talking about big ans wings making good pgs
  with him having timmy and manu, and bruce in his prime
and the jokes about eva
and the ones about him the second
and specially the ones with him as the best frenchman mr pierre

Man this thread is lots of fun

I love u people thanks for the laughs I agree with u all completely
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2009, 10:17:08 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

...and there will be some happy, salivating people awaiting in your league... :o
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2009, 10:55:22 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Always rather maddening to see players calling each other out like that.

But ... Parker's clearly one of the best. When and if Rondo develops a perimeter game, he'll shut critics like Parker up.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Feb. 8th....Feb. 8th.

I can hear the "Rondo's better" chants already

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2009, 12:27:01 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Rondo and Tony Parker are essentially the same player, he's such a moron. Now everyone is just going to point out how He's only good becuase he has Duncan and Manu.

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
This is fantastic.  I love when other teams/players/coaches start up stuff like this.  This is sort of like the Raptors (and lots of others) whining about KG being too "over the top" with his aggressiveness.  It's also akin to everyone else hating on the Celtics for talking trash and being intense.

Didn't GP also talk some junk about Rondo?  The point is, look what it's done.  Nothing but make the Celtics hungrier to win.  Oh, I just hope the rest of the league keeps it coming Raymond Felton style: I'm paraphrasing here "They talk a lot of smack but then sort of back down when you get in their face."

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2009, 12:37:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
tony parker isn't worthy of the initials TP
Yup

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

But ... Parker's clearly one of the best. When and if Rondo develops a perimeter game, he'll shut critics like Parker up.
Wow, I don't usually agree with CoachBo but I do on this one.  Rondo clearly is not in the Paul/Williams and yes Parker class just yet and I even put Harris and Nelson slightly ahead in terms of what most teams would be looking for in a PG.  (I am not sure where to put Nash as he way well be twilighting.)

I am not sure about the whole overrated thing though.  Boston fans probably do over-rate him as evidenced by the 5 pages of posts but I am not sure the rest if the league does.  The bottom line is that Rondo is perfect for this team and would not be as good on a lot of other teams.

What is the big deal here?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:05:55 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2009, 01:16:33 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Wow, I don't usually agree with CoachBo but I do on this one.  Rondo clearly is not in the Paul/Williams and yes Parker class just yet and I even put Harris and Nelson slightly ahead in terms of what most teams would be looking for in a PG.  (I am not sure where to put Nash as he way well be twilighting.)

I am not sure about the whole overrated thing though.  Boston fans probably do over-rate him as evidenced by the 5 pages of posts but I am not sure the rest if the league does.  The bottom line is that Rondo is perfect for this team and would not be as good on a lot of other teams.

The big deal here is the reason Parker claims Rondo is overrated.  He claims he's overrated  because of who he plays with, but fails to mention that he benefits the same way Rondo does, by playing with great players.  We have no idea how good Parker would be without Duncan.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2009, 05:32:48 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
i just offered mr eva for rajon rondo, doubt it gets accepted.

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2009, 05:47:37 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
This fool. Rondo has KG and Pierce.. and you don't have Duncan and Manu? Gimme a break. Rondo is a better defender, better playmaker, better rebounder. The only thing Parker beats Rondo in is offense. Not saying Rondo is better than Parker, but it bugs me that he has the balls to call Rondo overrated when he's overrated, too. I can name 5 point guards at the top of my head that is better than Parker. This guy is too full of himself.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2009, 05:48:52 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Celtics fans overrate everyone on the roster under 25.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2009, 06:55:30 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

I don't agree with TP but there is a point to make; Playing next to KG/PP/RA is what makes so hard putting a number on Rondo's contract.  Rondo is good, but is he deserving "face of the franchise" money come contract time?  It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

The question is, Who is willing to over pay Rondo and take him away from us?

Good questions. Hope we don't end up biding against ourselves.

Celtics fans overrate everyone on the roster under 25.

Very true (although it probably happens with every fanbase). But I doubt the fans of other teams - NBA fans in general - overrate Rondo - and that was Parker's point, I suppose.