Author Topic: How will lack of crowds effect our Vets and Jaylen and Jason  (Read 1631 times)

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The buzz from the crowd that motivates is huge ,will the adrenaline still be pumping ?Will players be as motivated to dive for loose balls or go crashing into stands or take a hard hit to the basket.
Will there be comebacks from large deficits.?
It feels like our young guys experiences with playoff basketball are now gone. Will teams quit in the silence? Will players used to the type of pressure of the crowds be able to push themselves through pain?
 Team chemistry may be more important without fans, giving the Celtics an advantage.

It will be interesting to see the effect on Free Throw % and 3 point %.
Who will step up?, Who will shrink? Who will think it doesn't matter ,this is not really playoff basketball?
Who has a steely will, that needs no crowd re-enforcement ? Will it be a scrimmage type product?.
I want to watch basketball but as I ask these questions is this the kind of NBA playoffs that Crowns the best team in the world?.Is all this really worth it, to put out an inferior product?
Any thoughts on this, mine have gone from can't wait .To will I be able to stay up, as I have a 5hr time difference and is it worth it.
Is this going to be reality TV basketball loosely scripted with referees influencing games without crowd pressure.?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:24:33 AM by rollie mass »

Re: How will lack of crowds effect our Vets and Jaylen and Jason
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:39:07 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Our team should be / will be fine, as far as crowds.

I think ALL the teams that have winning records on the ROAD (BOS is 20-12 so far this season), will do well in this scenario.

This is why I'm picking BOS to go FAR and finish this season strong - playing all the way to the end.

Our team is steeled against crowds and I think having NO crowds will help this team.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 10:57:23 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The baseball games I've seen have been really weird.  Though baseball has a totally different vibe to begin with.

They'll definitely have to feed off of their own energy, but think back to playing pick up hoops in a gym.  Once the ball is in play, these guys will compete.  They can still play to the cameras I guess. 

It will be an adjustment for sure.
Yup

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 03:41:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The baseball games I've seen have been really weird.  Though baseball has a totally different vibe to begin with.

They'll definitely have to feed off of their own energy, but think back to playing pick up hoops in a gym.  Once the ball is in play, these guys will compete.  They can still play to the cameras I guess. 

It will be an adjustment for sure.

basketball is more up and personal with the fans only inches away , the fans are sweating , and as close to the action as any sport .  Everybody is feeding off everybody . 

Some players will be steady ,  Brad teaches that patient thpe of calm basketball , ones that tune out the crowd , other depend on the crowd to work harder .   I think Lebron is one of those players .  He is very use to running at 50-75 % energy ,  he usually need the emotion spark to push him into The Zone , where he becomes non human .  These players may find that they loose that push by crowd , a reminder to step it up, and let the game get to far gone before they react with th the overdrive mindset.

I think Boston is well equipped for the silent gym atmosphere.

With the all the quiet ...trash talking won't go unnoticed ...everybody will,be hearing everything .   This might lead to a good deal of unsportsmanlike calls

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 04:45:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I am looking forward to thus as someone who has always argued that pro sports do not appreciate the contributions of the paying public to the overall product.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 06:41:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i think the nba should learn from the Korean Baseball Organization and how they dealing with empty seats. I like it!  ;D

https://korea.stripes.com/community-news/whos-watching-korean-baseball-games-stuffed-animals
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 06:44:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I imagine the NBA will do similar things to what the AFL and NRL had been doing here, and other leagues around the world. That being playing previously recorded crowd noise out into the arena for the broadcast. Not the same at all, but it’ll help the broadcasters quiet down all the swearing that goes on!

I think having high energy guys like Smart, Kemba & Tatum will really help with no crowd. Using their own noise to generate energy
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 07:45:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
 how many times the fbomb is dropped , accidentally during the game .  Will they have to have a tape delay to clean up the language wonder.   Oh ...shucks !  i was just elbowed in the head .   ;D.      i suspect to keep the cussing down ,  penalties will need to be used to tame the language.  So my virgin ears can lsiten  ;D

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 09:37:05 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
They'll have to create their own energy but if you're a competitor you should be able to do that, crowd or no crowd.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 09:37:51 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
The buzz from the crowd that motivates is huge ,will the adrenaline still be pumping ?Will players be as motivated to dive for loose balls or go crashing into stands or take a hard hit to the basket.
Will there be comebacks from large deficits.?
It feels like our young guys experiences with playoff basketball are now gone. Will teams quit in the silence? Will players used to the type of pressure of the crowds be able to push themselves through pain?
 Team chemistry may be more important without fans, giving the Celtics an advantage.

It will be interesting to see the effect on Free Throw % and 3 point %.
Who will step up?, Who will shrink? Who will think it doesn't matter ,this is not really playoff basketball?
Who has a steely will, that needs no crowd re-enforcement ? Will it be a scrimmage type product?.
I want to watch basketball but as I ask these questions is this the kind of NBA playoffs that Crowns the best team in the world?.Is all this really worth it, to put out an inferior product?
Any thoughts on this, mine have gone from can't wait .To will I be able to stay up, as I have a 5hr time difference and is it worth it.
Is this going to be reality TV basketball loosely scripted with referees influencing games without crowd pressure.?

Can you DVR the games?

Also I guarantee that whoever wins it all won't be thinking this is an inferior product. Just ask Liverpool 
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D