Author Topic: Dirk and Noel for the 2018 Title Run  (Read 2914 times)

Dirk and Noel for the 2018 Title Run
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:23:20 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Here is a trade idea ~

We give up our Lakers 2018 pick Abdel Nader and G Yabusele for Dirk and the DPE for Noel.   

Dallas goes into full rebuild and sends Dirk to a us a contender.....   Him and Noel have a no trade clause.   

Is that enough? Is it to much.   Thoughts?     I would have to think real hard about that.   Does Dirk put us over the top?  Is it worth a chance at a top player in this years, or next years draft?   

I can't decide.   
Diggles

Re: Dirk and Noel for the 2018 Title Run
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
No way.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:30:55 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
That is my gut reaction too.    I do not see Dirk moving the needle that much in reality vs on paper.    The idea is if Noel is worth having on the roster and gives us a better chance at resigning him next year.   

But then you have to decide on Smart or Noel.   or neither...

That pick could be a great cost controlled young Future piece of the Celtics for 4 years....
Diggles

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Noel is not going to waive his no trade.  Really hurts him financially in the offseason.  I can't imagine Dirk will either, but I'd be ok with Dirk as a bench scoring big.  Not for the Lakers/Kings pick though. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
That is my gut reaction too.    I do not see Dirk moving the needle that much in reality vs on paper.    The idea is if Noel is worth having on the roster and gives us a better chance at resigning him next year.   

That pick could be a great cost controlled young Future piece of the Celtics for 4 years....
Boston can't sign Noel in the off season unless he signs for one of the exceptions Boston has.  If Noel is traded the acquiring team does not have his Bird rights and thus can only sign him as they could any other free agent from another team.  That is why Noel will not waive his no trade clause.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 02:37:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
give up a possible top 5 pick plus, for a 39 year old player who will be with the team less than a season? i doubt ainge will make this move.

for the offer the OP puts forth, the celtics could get a lot better return.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Boston can't sign Noel in the off season unless he signs for one of the exceptions Boston has.  If Noel is traded the acquiring team does not have his Bird rights and thus can only sign him as they could any other free agent from another team.  That is why Noel will not waive his no trade clause.

What good are his bird rights in Dallas if they are not going to sign him? They are not even playing him which is going to hurt the offers he would get this season. His best bet in my opinion would definitely be going somewhere where he gets minutes to show his value even if loses bird rights.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 02:43:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

What good are his bird rights in Dallas if they are not going to sign him? They are not even playing him which is going to hurt the offers he would get this season. His best bet in my opinion would definitely be going somewhere where he gets minutes to show his value even if loses bird rights.
sign and trade.  opens up a lot more possible locations

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Worst trade idea ever.

If we trade for Noel, we won't have his Bird rights. Given that we don't have cap space either, we will lose him for nothing in a few months time.

Not to mention

-we should never trade the Lakers/Kings pick for Noel anyway
-Dirk has a no trade clause. He has already won a championship in Dallas and it's highly likely he wants to retire there
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:58:14 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 02:51:04 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Dirk is toast. Why on earth would we trade for him? And a potentially high pick at that.

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 02:57:24 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Dirk is literally only playing for stat padding and to be on the “same franchise records” as well as his scoring records

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I think him playing 25 minutes a night somewhere would open up a lot more possible locations than a sign and trade. Nobody is going to offer him more than the mid-level exception at this point so that makes cap space for sign and trades pretty irrelevant...

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:13 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
The trade ideas people come up with boggle my mind.

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 03:13:06 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I was looking up salaries last night and was shocked to find out Dirk has made 256million in career salary in the NBA.  That is a lot of money for being tall and able to shoot a basketball.

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 03:25:42 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I think him playing 25 minutes a night somewhere would open up a lot more possible locations than a sign and trade. Nobody is going to offer him more than the mid-level exception at this point so that makes cap space for sign and trades pretty irrelevant...
you can't know what some team will do.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get 10 million a year from someone.  He is playing 14 mpg, I'm not so sure an extra 9 will have much effect on his future salary, but eliminating his sign and trade could significantly affect what he gets.  And here's the thing, coming to a team like Boston he isn't going to get 25 mpg.  He might not even get the 14 he is getting in Dallas.