Author Topic: Celtics (35-25) at Bobcats (7-49) 4/15  (Read 49520 times)

Celtics (35-25) at Bobcats (7-49) 4/15
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11845
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Boston Celtics (35-25) at Charlotte Bobcats (7-50)
Sunday, April 15
6:00 PM ET
Regular Season Game #61, Road Game #31
TV:  CSNNE, SSO-CHA, NBA-LP 751(BOS)/752(CHA)
Radio: WEEI, WFNZ
Time Warner Cable Arena

Probable Starters
PG SG SF PF C
Rajon Rondo.....Avery Bradley ..... Paul Pierce.....Brandon Bass.......Kevin Garnett
Celtics Reserves
JaJuan Johnson
E'Twaun Moore
Sasha Pavlovic
Greg Stiemsma
Keyon Dooling
Marquis Daniels
Ryan Hollins 
Mickael Pietrus

Injured

Jermaine O'Neal (wrist)  out
Ray Allen (ankle) out

Probable Starters
PG......SG.....SF.....PF ..... C
DJ Augustin......Gerald Henderson....Derrick Brown........BJ Mullens .......Bismack Biyombo

Bobcats Bench

Kemba Walker
Reggie Williams
Matt Carroll
Cory Higgins
DeSagana Diop

Injuries
DJ White (head) questionable
Corey Maggette (Achilles) out
Tyrus Thomas (knee) questionable

Team Connections
D.J. Augustin and Avery Bradley both attended the University of Texas
DeSagana Diop and Rajon Rondo attended Oak Hill Academy
DeSagana Diop and Sasha Pavlovic were teammates on the 2004-05 Cleveland Cavaliers
Ray Allen and Kemba Walker both attended the University of Connecticut
Keyon Dooling and Corey Maggette were teammates on the LA Clippers from 2000-04 They also were teammates in Milwaukee during 2010-11
Brandon Bass and DeSagana Diop were teammates in Dallas from 2007-09
Brandon Bass and Matt Carroll were teammates in Dallas during the 2008-09 season
Corey Maggette played for Doc Rivers in Orlando during the 1999-2000 season
Ryan Hollins played for Charlotte from 2006-08.

Game Notes
This is the 3rd and final meeting between these two teams.  The Celtics lead the series 2-0, which isn't surprising considering the fact that the Bobcats have only 7 wins for the entire season.  This goes beyond tanking.  The Bobcats could win every game until the end of the season and still not have to worry about having the worst record in the league.  Washington is next with 14 wins. 

The Bobcats are 0-10 in their last 10 games and have a 15 game losing streak going.  The Celtics had won 4 in a row before laying an egg and losing to the Raptors.  The Celtics are 13-16 on the road while the Bobcats are 4-23 at home.  The Celtics are playing in the 3rd of back to back to back games on the road while the Bobcats were off on Saturday. 

Key Matchups
  vs 
Kevin Garnett vs Bismack Biyombo
Biyombo is a promising young center but KG loves to get into rookies' heads.  KG also has a height advantage over Biyombo which should help him get his shots off over him.   I expect a big game from KG at least in the first 3 quarters.  He should be sitting out the 4th. 

vs 
Rajon Rondo vs DJ Augustin
DJ Augustin is a good young point guard, but he's not a star.  Rondo tends to play harder when up against the other star PG's in the league.  Hopefully with every game being important for playoff seeding, Rondo will have a big game, in spite of the competition. 

Keys to the Game
Focus and Energy - When the Celtics face teams with losing records, they often come out flat and lack focus and energy and they lose to teams they should easily beat. (See Raptors game).     The Celtics have got to stay focused and play with energy the entire game because the Bobcats always play hard, even though they don't have the most talent in the league,  and will take advantage of any lapse from the Celtics.   

Defense -   The Celtics need to make defense their priority.   Games are won on the defensive end. The effort that the Celtics put out on the defensive end carries over to the offensive end as well.   If they don't get stops, chances are they don't get the win.   In the loss to the Raptors, it was the inability to get stops that doomed the Celtics because even when the offense is off, if they can stop the other team from scoring,  they will get the win. 

Rebound -    Good things happen when the Celtics crash the boards.   When they show energy in rebounding, that energy spreads to other areas of the game.  They prevent second chance points and fast break baskets by grabbing the rebounds.   Rebounding is effort and the Celtics must put out the effort to win the battle of the boards.   

Be Aggressive - When the Celtics are the more aggressive team they usually win.  They need to be aggressive in going to the basket, in grabbing rebounds, and in hustling after loose balls.  Unfortunately they often come out passively against the worst teams and so they have to make an effort to be aggressive in this one.

X-Factor
Fatigue and Mentality
The Celtics are playing in the third of back to back to back games on the road.  This should be an easy game for them, but with this team, you never know.  And that brings us to their mentality.   They tend to play down to the teams with the worst records.  They need to come out playing like they are playing the Heat and then they can have a nice rest and playing time for the rookies in the 4th quarter if they do. 

Re: Celtics (35-25) at Bobcats (7-49) 4/15
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
A. Sherrod Blakely ‏ @SherrodbCSN   
#CelticsTalk: Still nothing official, but look for the #Celtics to be without Ray Allen, (ankle), Pierce (toe) and probably KG (rest) 2nite.

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:00:53 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
well, if the celtics HAVE to do three games in three days, the bobcats are the best team to finish off with. if a depleted, tired celtics team can beat anyone, it should be this team.

no pierce? no ray ray? no kg? no problem....its the bobcats!!! ;D

go celtics!!!!!

tonight we may see a boat load of the youngsters and bench players. time to find out who will be with the team next year i guess.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 01:05:23 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
TP. Go Celtics!

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 03:17:22 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Who's ready for the Dooling-Moore-Pavolvic-Johnson-Hollins show tonight?!?!

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 03:26:37 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I think KG should play limited minutes,  maybe 20 minutes.
we are still fighting for HC, this game has importance.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Who's ready for the Dooling-Moore-Pavolvic-Johnson-Hollins show tonight?!?!

Meeeee!!! I want these guys to get time... especially before the playoffs, b/c we have a legal tackler, who will take your players out with no foul call waiting for us! We may need all of them (God help us we won't)!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Freaking fantastic.  I am getting ready to leave for the game with 3 of my 4 children, and we may NOT get to see any of the old Big Three and we might witness the Bobcats get their 8 win.

So glad I bought THIS freaking package:-(((((((((((((((((((

I better get some autographs dang it:-))))))))))))

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
[quote}Sean Grande ‏ @SeanGrandePBP  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce did not fly with us to Charlotte. With Ray Allen out tonight as well, welcome to the No Big Three Era.[/quote]

Per Sean Grande - No pierce or KG tonight. 

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 04:38:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
We don't win many games when Pierce and Allen are both out .

Thats alot of scoring for somebody to do. .  So can Bass, KG and AB score enough to win a game against the Whocats.?  I'm not counting on Rondo .  

Maybe and maybe not.

This might be a game where I play Moore.  ALOT....he can shoot the lights out when he gets hot.  Let the boy ball.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
[quote}Sean Grande ‏ @SeanGrandePBP  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce did not fly with us to Charlotte. With Ray Allen out tonight as well, welcome to the No Big Three Era.

[/quote]

Well I was typing while you wrote this...

Not...I 'm not sure we can win ...gessse..like who is gonna score besides Bass and AB. Unless Moore starts with AB.

Naw....we can't win. I changed my mind...no KG ...we're sunk.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:48:57 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 04:50:06 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Sean Grande ‏ @SeanGrandePBP   
Welcome to the No Big Three Era. Stiemsma and Pietrus will start with Rondo, Bradley and Bass. C’s-Bobcats 5:30 WEEI/

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
We are still going to blow them out.

We still have the best 3 players on the floor.

Rondo, Bass and Bradley are better then anyone on the Bobcats.

We will still win.
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 04:53:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Sean Grande ‏ @SeanGrandePBP  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce did not fly with us to Charlotte. With Ray Allen out tonight as well, welcome to the No Big Three Era.

Excellent ... might watch some of this game now.

See the bench players get extended minutes and roles. More fun to see how the bench players handle those extra responsibilities than watching the Big Three and Co. beat up a miserable Bobcats team.

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 04:56:12 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
gary washburn ‏ @GwashNBAGlobe  Reply  Retweet  Favorite · Open
Doc Rivers confirms Pierce and Garnett are out to get rest, Stiemsma, Pietrus, Bass, Bradley and Rondo are your #celtics starting five

Gary Washburn gives us the starters as Stiemsma, Pietrus, Bass, Bradley and Rondo