Author Topic: Magic (13-4) at Celtics (16-2) 12/1  (Read 39862 times)

Re: Magic (13-4) at Celtics (16-2) 12/1
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »

Offline jordb2k5

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Eddie House!  I think POB should get some burn against Howard tonight at least use 6 fouls up on him.

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2008, 08:13:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If the game is on NBA TV, it won't be on league pass on TV or broadband.   We have Comcast cable and in this area they don't offer NBA TV either.  I called and called and wrote asking for them to add it but they said it wasn't economically feasible.  So, I got Direct TV for just the TV I watch the games on.  I got the cheapest package which is 29 dollars, added the Sports Pack to it, which is another 12.  Now I get NBA TV and I get CSN so I get to watch all the pre and post game shows plus NE Sports tonight and I get my league Pass on DTV also since they carry the preseason games where Comcast doesn't.   
I feel for you because It drove me crazy when I couldn't get the NBA TV games.    There are some online sources for watching games and if you email me I can give you more information.   

Not economically feasible HAH!  I have comcast and we use to not have NBATV around here either, we have it now though.  I complained numerous times, and apparently a lot of other people did too, because we do have NBA TV here in maryland now on comcast.  The thing that I think is a huge rip off and I mentioned earlier is that you dont get NBA TV access when signing up for league pass (unless things have changed).  It costs an additional 5 dollars a month.  I think its completely absurd, after having to pay 180 bucks for league pass to have to pay more money a month just to get what they advertise, which is to see all your teams games.

Bloodsuckers.

I think the reason why NBA TV isn't carried by some providers is that it's costly for them to pay the NBA to add a channel many people don't watch or even know exists, and pro sports networks tend to have a high price tag for providers - I know the NFLN is having similar problems; though they're more popular they also charge FAR more than NBA TV.  The reason why the NBA won't let League Pass show NBA TV is because they want pressure on the cable providers to carry it (more $ for them than carrying it on League Pass), and an alternate way of getting to watch NBA TV reduces that pressure b/c the hardcore fans will have access to it regardless. 

The consumer, as usual, gets stuck in the middle of a profit struggle between the NBA and cable providers.  It's stupid, but the NBA isn't trying to bloodsuck its League Pass subscribers directly, they're trying to get channel adds from Comcast et al.

Thanks to all for your help finding an alternate viewing method, I appreciate it, and I'm sure I'll be back later on tonight.
I sent you a PM with the stream I'm watching. I have NBA broadband league pass too.

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
ya know, i could learn to love that shot baby. I really could.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2008, 08:14:52 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I missed the first quarter. Can someone give me a quick update on what happened?

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
ya know, i could learn to love that shot baby. I really could.
Just as long as he doesn't fall in love with it (paging 'Toine) and still goes inside. Pick and popping is great at times but if you're 300 lbs. you need to be in the paint!

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2008, 08:16:22 PM »

Offline steved24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Ray is making an early case for MVP if he continues this hot streak.

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2008, 08:16:45 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Dwight Howard's Offense is so overated. He's a bully on that side of the ball. He can only dominate when he's against guys who can't keep him out the paint. That's why he always has average games against us. He can't just push Perk under the basket and dunk on him.

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »

Offline jordb2k5

• Payton Pritchard
I missed the first quarter. Can someone give me a quick update on what happened?

Rondo, Rondo, Rondo...that about sums it up

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 08:17:19 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Celtics look pretty decent. I would say decent just about all the way around, decent offense and decent defense. Nothing spectacular, Eddie House and Ray Ray are shooting pretty well. Rondo's distributing well and making things happen for others and himself (hitting a few jumpers). Oh yeah, Dwight Howard is pretty good defensively.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 08:17:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I sent you a PM with the stream I'm watching. I have NBA broadband league pass too.
[/quote]

Thanks Fafnir, I'm actually there right now.  I appreciate all the help, I haven't had to deal with this situation before. 
1st quarter - Ray Allen owns JJ Redick.  Rondo is actually making jumpers and had a sweet alley to KG.  Perk played Howard to a standstill. Orlando looks out of sorts and can't hit the ocean.  Summary:  So far, so good.

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2008, 08:18:18 PM »

Offline jordb2k5

• Payton Pritchard
oh no not now TA

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2008, 08:18:33 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
wow, thats not a foul on dwight? honestly?

didn't realize we were playing slamball now.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 08:19:22 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
oh no not now TA

least it looked like more of a rolled ankle than anything knee related. silver lining right?  :-\

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
wow, thats not a foul on dwight? honestly?

didn't realize we were playing slamball now.
Yeah restricted zone apparently doesn't apply to DH....

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
It was his ankle, wasn't it? Not the knee, I think.