Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 68763 times)

Re: NFL 2020 Season
« Reply #495 on: January 17, 2021, 10:45:37 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Brady ha some lucky horse shoe for sure. Easiest path to the NFC title game so far. Not sure it last vs the Packers but the dude just wins.

« Reply #496 on: January 17, 2021, 10:50:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Would like to ultimately see another Mahomes vs Brady showdown

That would be a really fun game to watch.  Like two boxers going toe to toe

« Reply #497 on: January 17, 2021, 10:53:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Sad to say, but yeah Brees just looked done. And I think it has more to do with the injuries. Troy Aikman mentioned it in the broadcast and it makes sense. Brees didn't throw the ball past 20 yards much tonight. The one time the Saints had a big pass play, it was with Winston throwing it on a trick play. Last week, I think they had Taysom Hill come in to attempt a deep pass as well. I think we all knew Brees wasn't 100% but he may not have been 80% even.

So yeah, I'm not surprised Brees may retire after this season which is what Glazer and others reported before the game. He's had an exceptional career and is a future HOF, but I think with the injuries and wear-and-tear it's the right call to retire. Gave it his all. A shame he couldn't play in the SB two years ago due to that BS no-call by the refs.

4th quarter intensity was too much for him.  That and also miscommunication with his receivers that led to all of those interceptions

Brees did win that one 2009 superbowl. And has had a storied regular season career. But not a QB I would consider clutch

Something seemed to be up with Michael Thomas too. Held without a catch today.

It basically made it so the Saints had to over-rely on Kamara a ton (and Jared Cook + Sanders) and at times it was just too predictable. Cook also had a massive fumble when the Saints were up 20-13 and driving which just changed the game around.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #498 on: January 17, 2021, 10:55:21 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Wow the Browns just got ROBBED by the refs there. Also, that rule is absolute BS to begin with.

Huge 10-point swing there and it looks like KC will win this big. Disappointing.

They sure did. I can't believe the commentators weren't talking about it until a few minutes later, after a commercial break, as it was obvious to me on the first replay. But yeah, BIG miss by the zebras there. Huge momentum changer.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #499 on: January 17, 2021, 10:58:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sad to say, but yeah Brees just looked done. And I think it has more to do with the injuries. Troy Aikman mentioned it in the broadcast and it makes sense. Brees didn't throw the ball past 20 yards much tonight. The one time the Saints had a big pass play, it was with Winston throwing it on a trick play. Last week, I think they had Taysom Hill come in to attempt a deep pass as well. I think we all knew Brees wasn't 100% but he may not have been 80% even.

So yeah, I'm not surprised Brees may retire after this season which is what Glazer and others reported before the game. He's had an exceptional career and is a future HOF, but I think with the injuries and wear-and-tear it's the right call to retire. Gave it his all. A shame he couldn't play in the SB two years ago due to that BS no-call by the refs.

4th quarter intensity was too much for him.  That and also miscommunication with his receivers that led to all of those interceptions

Brees did win that one 2009 superbowl. And has had a storied regular season career. But not a QB I would consider clutch

It basically made it so the Saints had to over-rely on Kamara a ton (and Jared Cook + Sanders) and at times it was just too predictable. Cook also had a massive fumble when the Saints were up 20-13 and driving which just changed the game around.

agreed. Too many little errors

Buccaneers on the other hand look like they got the errors out of the way in the 1st half

« Reply #500 on: January 17, 2021, 11:01:53 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Second straight playoffs where Michael Thomas laid an egg. I would say that's on Brees not being able to throw more than ten yards, but most of slant boy's routes are around 5 yards anyways, so...
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #501 on: January 18, 2021, 11:58:04 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Second straight playoffs where Michael Thomas laid an egg. I would say that's on Brees not being able to throw more than ten yards, but most of slant boy's routes are around 5 yards anyways, so...

Yeah the Bucs weakness is their secondary (deep throws), but they didn't really have to worry about that because Brees didn't try many in the game and they defended Thomas pretty well it seemed. I mean, even Heinicke did well against them and probably played better than Brees did vs. Tampa. Next week definitely won't be easy though with Rodgers likely to sling it all over.

« Reply #502 on: January 22, 2021, 12:01:30 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
So, Davante Adams thinks Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady.

And he seems to think 6 Super Bowl wins vs. 1 Super Bowl win shouldn't be as big a deal as it is, LOL.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #503 on: January 23, 2021, 07:17:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Stafford and the Lions have pretty much mutually agreed to part ways. Lions will explore trade options next week. If I'm the Pats, I definitely consider going after him. Idk what exactly it would take, but if you can get him for a 2nd round pick and 1-2 more future picks (not 1st round), I'd absolutely do it. I'm a bit wary of giving up a first rounder for him, but I'd still consider it.

Acquiring Stafford, drafting a QB and maybe having Stidham as the third string guy I think works well. I think Stafford is underrated and would thrive here, and with the cap space the Pats have they can make some moves to surround him with some better talent than what Cam had.

Also, I don't even think it's a guarantee the Pats take any offensive player in the 1st round, let alone a QB. Fields, Lawrence and Wilson should definitely be gone before #15 unless the Pats trade up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they actually target someone like Mac Jones or Trask in the 2nd round (I could see a few QBs dropping).

« Reply #504 on: January 23, 2021, 07:30:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Stanford and Indy be a great match
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #505 on: January 24, 2021, 03:16:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
That's an impressive opening drive for Tom Brady and the Bucs.

« Reply #506 on: January 24, 2021, 03:20:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Brady with the lead. Packers 3 and out, ball back to the Bucs

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #507 on: January 24, 2021, 03:21:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
People are saying that if Aaron Rodgers beat Tom Brady, Rodgers is cemented as the all-time GOAT over Brady lol  ???

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #508 on: January 24, 2021, 03:55:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Tom wants another super bowl

« Reply #509 on: January 24, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Weird game.  Both quarterbacks look awesome, both offenses have made giant plays… And it’s 14-10.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes