Author Topic: Parker will be in the draft  (Read 12147 times)

Parker has entered the draft
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Oops.  Nevermind.  Didn't see that someone had already posted this info.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/04/17/3791388/dukes-jabari-parker-declares-for.html?sp=/99/103/119/269/

Re: Parker will be in the draft
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
He's the 2nd coming of Paul pierce. I have a feeling we will get him. How soon can we invite him for a workout?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:12:42 PM by lightspeed5 »

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I prefer in this order:

1. Parker
2. Wiggins
3. Randle
4. Gordon

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 01:03:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am glad he entered. Not only would he be a great player for our team, but he also takes up a slot early on in the draft should we choose 5th-7th.

However, if we do make the jump to pick #3 (I assume with picks 1 and 2 we will take Wiggins/Embiid), do you think there is any chance DA chooses Exum over Parker? I know there were reports earlier in the year about the Cs being strong proponents of Exum, but that could also just be the Cs flexing their muscles over their international scouting.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 01:07:55 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Omg omg omg

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Jabari Parker has declared for the 2014 NBA Draft
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 01:08:17 PM »

Offline Celtics39

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
My big board is still:
1. Embiid
2. Parker
3. Wiggins
4. Exum
5. Randle
6. Vonleh
7. Smart

This is phenomenal news though, at the very least it will push another highly touted player down to the Celtics if we don't get a top 3 pick.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I am glad he entered. Not only would he be a great player for our team, but he also takes up a slot early on in the draft should we choose 5th-7th.

However, if we do make the jump to pick #3 (I assume with picks 1 and 2 we will take Wiggins/Embiid), do you think there is any chance DA chooses Exum over Parker? I know there were reports earlier in the year about the Cs being strong proponents of Exum, but that could also just be the Cs flexing their muscles over their international scouting.

I think Danny's choice of Exum or Parker will tell us a lot about what Danny's plans for Rondo are.

If Parker is selected, to me that means it's more likely Rondo stays, because he brings immediate help. If Exum (or Wiggins or Embiid) are selected, I think there is more of a chance of Rondo not being in our future.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
How would selecting Embiid or Wiggins indicate Rondo is gone. Both need a point guard with them on the court. Unless you are thinking they are developmental players and may take a seasons to develop & Rondo has no time for that.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 01:25:25 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I would like to see Boston keep Rondo, Kelly O. and Sully....I would like to see Jeff Green traded. Don't bring back Bass, Humphries.  Wallace needs to be dumped on someone.

Bradley can walk. He is injured far too often

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Great read

I take losing very personally because I don't like letting people down. Not fans. Not teammates. Especially not Coach K. That's another reason why this decision has been so tough. I wanted to go out on a winning note.

But my days as a Duke student are not. I intend to graduate from Duke while I'm in the NBA. I was an honor student when I arrived at Duke, and I'd like to graduate as one.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140417/jabari-parker-declares-for-nba-draft/#ixzz2zACrhRZW

I really love this kid's attitude. PLEASE PLEASE FALL TO US

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 01:33:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
So, LooseCannon, your thoughts?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Parker to me is the clear cut top pick and exactly the type of player Boston needs. Getting him would help the rebuild drastically...

Just don't see anyone other than Wiggins that will do that.

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
LOL.  So we have Jeff Green, so Parker's not a good fit in Boston.   ???

From ESPN's Joe Kaiser:

"Well, it's official. According to this piece Thursday on SI.com, Jabari Parker is going pro. Here's a look at the teams in the lottery that would offer the best fit for the gifted 6-foot-8 small forward.

In all likelihood, it's going to take a top 3 pick to have a chance at the 19-year-old Duke standout and former Chicago prep star. Right away, that gives long odds for a team at the end of the lottery like Denver, Minnesota or Phoenix to end up with Parker. Boston is another possibility with a chance at a top 3 pick, but it has Jeff Green signed for one more season (two, if Green takes his $9.2 million option in 2015-16) and could go in another direction.

That leaves these teams as Parker's likeliest suitors:

Milwaukee Bucks: The Bucks finished with the league's worst record and have a good shot at landing a top 3 pick, and a proven scorer on the wing next to Giannis Antetokounmpo would be another nice piece to build around.

Philadelphia 76ers: They have their point guard of the future in Michael Carter-Williams and their center of the future in Nerlens Noel. The improving Thaddeus Young remains in the fold as well, and the obvious needs are at shooting guard and small forward. Parker would fill one of them and boost this young, exciting core.

Orlando Magic: Depending on where Orlando drafts, it could opt for a guard. But landing Parker would give them a big frontline and one of the more interesting starting 5s in the league: Victor Oladipo, Arron Afflalo, Parker, Tobias Harris and Nikola Vucevic.

Utah Jazz: A natural fit for Parker, who is Mormon, the Jazz finished the regular season ranked No. 25 in offensive efficiency (100.6). His addition could make the young Jazz a playoff-caliber squad, even in the tough Western Conference.

Los Angeles Lakers: They'll have an overhauled roster next season and are in position to draft the best player available, so Parker could be that guy.

Sacramento Kings: If Rudy Gay opts out and becomes an unrestricted free agent, small forward becomes a big need again for the Kings. But Parker's suspect defense isn't ideal on a team that struggles mightily in that department.

Detroit Pistons: If the Pistons end up with a top 3 pick, they could draft Parker and elect to part with restricted free agent Greg Monroe, either via sign-and-trade or by not matching another team's offer sheet. That'd allow them to use Josh Smith at the 4, his ideal spot, with Andre Drummond at center and Parker at small forward.

Cleveland Cavaliers: It's unlikely that Luol Deng resigns with the Cavs, and Parker would be a dream come true if he falls into Cleveland's lap."
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

I think Danny's choice of Exum or Parker will tell us a lot about what Danny's plans for Rondo are.

If Parker is selected, to me that means it's more likely Rondo stays, because he brings immediate help. If Exum (or Wiggins or Embiid) are selected, I think there is more of a chance of Rondo not being in our future.

I think if Danny picks Exum over any of the big three, there will be cause to riot. Exum is an excellent consolation prize. At spot four. Picking third this year is truly a no brainer. Take whoever is there of Wiggins, Embiid or Parker.