Author Topic: Ovation for Wade is ridiculous  (Read 3807 times)

Ovation for Wade is ridiculous
« on: January 22, 2019, 12:43:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Whats next ovation for Lebron?

Wade is a dirty player who purposely injured a few. Dont forget those dirty fouls on Celtic players

Yes a nice career... but I dont understand the ovation

Fans of the past would not do that. You dont see the Redsox fans doing that for a Yankees player

Please dont stand/clap for Lebron next

Re: Ovation to Wade is ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:48:14 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'll always laugh at the people incapable of giving Wade his due respect.  The man is one of the top 3 players all-time at his position.

It takes a really petty person to be incapable of acknowledging greatness, even if it is the opponent.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 12:49:09 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

Wade is a dirty player who purposely injured a few. Dont forget those dirty fouls on Celtic players

Fans of the past would not do that. You dont see the Redsox fans doing that for a Yankees player

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWltXPHBYA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PWX6yN4Osc

Just to refresh your memory yes that is exactly what they did for Jeter and Rivera and rightfully so.

And yes on Lebron's last trip to the garden he should be given a tribute video he has been the main antagonist to the Celtics for a decade while being a role model. Boston is not about Player Hating

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 12:50:04 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I'll always laugh at the people incapable of giving Wade his due respect.  The man is one of the top 3 players all-time at his position.

It takes a really petty person to be incapable of acknowledging greatness, even if it is the opponent.
OK to acknowledge. no need for ovation.

Re: Ovation for Wade is ridiculous
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:50:57 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

See Rivera, Mariano.

One things Boston sports fans have respected over the years is greatness.  And they tend to acknowledge that.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 12:51:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Call me petty... can care less

But Iam not like you giving a standing ovation to an "enemy". Plus a dirty player like Wade

Or ovation while being blown out by the Cavs in the playoffs

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 12:51:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

OK to acknowledge. no need for ovation.

Exactly

You dont give out Ovations like that

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

See Rivera, Mariano.

One things Boston sports fans have respected over the years is greatness.  And they tend to acknowledge that.

Yes... but he didnt do anything dirty to the Redsox

I would have gave him a clap while sitting down but not while standing up

Like yes... you struck out all of those Redsox to prevent from the Redsox winning. Way to go

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

And yes on Lebron's last trip to the garden he should be given a tribute video he has been the main antagonist to the Celtics for a decade while being a role model. Boston is not about Player Hating

Are you crazy??

Should they show a tribute video of Lebron drunking on Celtics players or that block on Rozier in game 7?

Will you stand and clap for that?

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 01:13:19 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Are you crazy??

Should they show a tribute video of Lebron drunking on Celtics players or that block on Rozier in game 7?

Will you stand and clap for that?
They could show it from a Celtics perspective (i.e. it was good competing against you but you couldn't get past us until age and injuries caught up to us).  The head-to-head battle with Pierce.  They could include the clip where Rondo fakes Lebron out on the block attempt and he's left flailing in the air. 

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 01:22:24 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

See Rivera, Mariano.

This. It's about having respect for a great competitor.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 01:25:18 PM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Dirk... well deserved crowd reaction.

Wade though? Not at all. Unlikeable on and off the court. Easily my most hated player ever.

Is it me or does Kyrie seem to be icing him on this whole jersey swap thing (unless they are waiting for their last games together with the home-and-home in April)? Feels like such a Kyrie thing to do if he is purposely avoiding him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
C's fans (and fans of Boston teams in general) have shown respect for great players on opposing teams when they're making their final appearance in Boston.  Shows an appreciation for a great career even if the player wasn't with Boston.  it's a class move that I always felt set Boston fans apart.  Jeer and boo the crap out of them while they play but after their final game, nothing wrong with showing respect for a player's career accomplishments.

Having said that, it goes against my grain to put Wade in that category of player.  didn't like his dirty play and lack of class as an opponent.  Dirk, absolutely deserved the parting ovation he got.  Wade, a lot of career accomplishments but for me, he get some polite applause.  Bron, hate the guy with a passion but he's the greatest player of his generation and would probably get a well-deserved ovation after his last game in the Garden.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 01:41:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

See Rivera, Mariano.

This. It's about having respect for a great competitor.

Ok... so Iam guessing you stood up and clapped for Johnny Damon last days as a player right?

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 01:42:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
C's fans (and fans of Boston teams in general) have shown respect for great players on opposing teams when they're making their final appearance in Boston.  Shows an appreciation for a great career even if the player wasn't with Boston.  it's a class move that I always felt set Boston fans apart.  Jeer and boo the crap out of them while they play but after their final game, nothing wrong with showing respect for a player's career accomplishments.

Having said that, it goes against my grain to put Wade in that category of player.  didn't like his dirty play and lack of class as an opponent.
Dirk, absolutely deserved the parting ovation he got.  Wade, a lot of career accomplishments but for me, he get some polite applause.  Bron, hate the guy with a passion but he's the greatest player of his generation and would probably get a well-deserved ovation after his last game in the Garden.

Yes