Author Topic: Lamelo Ball interview w/ Warriors  (Read 1759 times)

Lamelo Ball interview w/ Warriors
« on: October 15, 2020, 02:46:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
LaMelo Ball Interviews With Warriors, Knicks

LaMelo Ball said he's only interviewed with the Golden State Warriors and the New York Knicks in the leadup to the 2020 NBA Draft.

“I think I’ve (met) with just two teams, the Knicks and Warriors. That was just like a little Zoom call," Ball said on ESPN's Jalen & Jacoby.

The Knicks will reportedly trade down from the eighth pick if Ball or James Wiseman are off the board.

The Warriors are expected to draft a wing with the No. 2 pick, with Deni Avdija currently projected to go to the Warriors by The Ringer.

Ball recently signed a multiyear sneaker endorsement with Puma.

https://www.sny.tv/articles/top-2020-nba-draft-prospect-lamelo-ball-says-knicks-are-one-of-just-two-teams-to-interview-him-thus-far

I think the warriors need to draft him or trade down. You don't pass on the bpa ever unless you're dead set on trading down

Re: Lamelo Ball interview w/ Warriors
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 11:40:33 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
How are Mitchell's (Knicks center) intangibles?  and defense.  Just curious...

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 12:33:17 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

He's got a tantalizing Javale McGee-esq quality to him, if that answers your question.

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 12:52:09 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Warriors should try to coax the Knicks into a package consisting of #2 for Mitchell/#8. Not saying that's all that both sides should offer, just the basis of a deal.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 01:26:30 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Warriors should try to coax the Knicks into a package consisting of #2 for Mitchell/#8. Not saying that's all that both sides should offer, just the basis of a deal.

Ooh. I like that framework, but I think the Warriors could send Wiggins too for Frankie and Randle, with Frankie being absorbed into a trade exception, putting the Warriors under the luxury tax. Then the warriors take Okoro with the 8th pick.

Warriors have Robinson, Randle, Frankie, and Okoro to support their core three.

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 01:54:24 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I don't think many Knicks fans would be happy to give up Mitchell Robinson and #8 for #2.
They love Robinson. They'd rather package some picks they obtained from Dallas and/or Clippers, or perhaps take on that Wiggins contract.

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I don't think many Knicks fans would be happy to give up Mitchell Robinson and #8 for #2.
They love Robinson. They'd rather package some picks they obtained from Dallas and/or Clippers, or perhaps take on that Wiggins contract.

Knicks brass hasn't cared about their fans in a very, very long time lol.

Ooh. I like that framework, but I think the Warriors could send Wiggins too for Frankie and Randle, with Frankie being absorbed into a trade exception, putting the Warriors under the luxury tax. Then the warriors take Okoro with the 8th pick.

Warriors have Robinson, Randle, Frankie, and Okoro to support their core three.

I don't hate the idea of expanding that trade to offload Wiggins. But at the same time, I don't hate Wiggins with that Warriors team. He can play the Harrison Barnes role for them and I think a reduction in usage would really benefit his game. And then from the Knicks perspective, does Thibs want to coach him again? How would a potential core of Ball/Barrett/Wiggins work? (spoiler alert: that core would be a spacing disaster).
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman