Author Topic: Rondo's Hustle Dive and Bank Shot + Ray's Dunk  (Read 5002 times)

Re: Rondo's Hustle Dive and Bank Shot + Ray's Dunk
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 03:50:22 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
I believe it's a travel if you have possession of the ball, fall to the ground, and then get back up. However if you don't initially have the ball and dive on the floor to grab it, I don't see why you can't stand up on 2 feet and dribble before taking a step without traveling.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 04:17:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
brilliant tremendous play...but...isn't that a travel, if you get up from off the ground with the ball? or is it because he didn't have possession until he got up? I was thinking that during the game last night that if I were coaching it would have been a travel...

What I heard from some analysts was that since Rondo was basically pinning the ball to the floor as he got up, instead of actually holding it, it's not a travel.  If he had actually held the ball at any point before getting up it would have been traveling.

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I like to think of Rondo as a whirling dervish, but I had no idea what a whirling dervish actually is... after looking it up, I am underwhelmed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnunfciSr7k&feature=related
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Cowens, anyone?