Author Topic: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game  (Read 4575728 times)

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game
« Reply #20205 on: April 14, 2016, 10:32:01 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

2. TPs owed: slamtheking -PAID;  Humble G - PAID 

3. Playoffs: So lowest total is eliminated? what happens if one series is a sweep and the other goes 7, so there are different number of games
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #20206 on: April 14, 2016, 11:36:06 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

3. Playoffs: So lowest total is eliminated? what happens if one series is a sweep and the other goes 7, so there are different number of games

that could be an issue where the team that goes 7 games offers 7 chances to add to the total +/- but that can also come back to be 7 chances to go in the hole.

we could go head to head in the same series to ensure matching number of games but then we lose 2 people per round and the same is over in just 2 rounds.

open to suggestions if someone has a better idea.  we've used +/- in the past -- seemed to work pretty well regardless of length of series.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:41:34 AM by slamtheking »

« Reply #20207 on: April 14, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

that could be an issue where the team that goes 7 games offers 7 chances to add to the total +/- but that can also come back to be 7 chances to go in the hole.

we could go head to head in the same series to ensure matching number of games but then we lose 2 people per round and the same is over in just 2 rounds.

open to suggestions if someone has a better idea.  we've used +/- in the past -- seemed to work pretty well regardless of length of series.

I racked my brain for an hour here and got nothing lol

Wish we had more wanting to play, head to head is fun! BUT prly just do +/- with 4 playing

« Reply #20208 on: April 14, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
Sorry I can't make the playoff run this year. Slam thank you for carrying on and giving me an invite.

Good luck to all!

TZT
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #20209 on: April 14, 2016, 01:23:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Wish we had more wanting to play, head to head is fun! BUT prly just do +/- with 4 playing
If everyone wants to go head-to-head and just have a 2 round playoffs, that's fine by me.

Although, I just had a thought. 

IF it stays at 4 players, we could go head-to-head for 2 rounds apiece.

#1 v #4 for first round and Second round.  Higher seed picks from the teams still in the playoff and their opponent has to take whoever's playing that team in the playoffs.

#2 v 3 for first round and Second round.  Higher seed picks from the teams still in the playoff and their opponent has to take whoever's playing that team in the playoffs.

Remaining 2 players after those rounds do the same thing for the ECF/WCF and Finals rounds.  Highest remaining seed picks their team first.

thoughts?

« Reply #20210 on: April 14, 2016, 02:22:16 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Sounds good to me.
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #20211 on: April 14, 2016, 06:53:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup

If everyone wants to go head-to-head and just have a 2 round playoffs, that's fine by me.

#1 v #4 for first round and Second round.  Higher seed picks from the teams still in the playoff and their opponent has to take whoever's playing that team in the playoffs.

#2 v 3 for first round and Second round.  Higher seed picks from the teams still in the playoff and their opponent has to take whoever's playing that team in the playoffs.

Remaining 2 players after those rounds do the same thing for the ECF/WCF and Finals rounds.  Highest remaining seed picks their team first.

thoughts?

Screwy week for me, so i never got to throw my idea together, but this plan seems way less confusing than my unfinished one anyhow.  So it's most combined wins for the two series then? 
Yup

« Reply #20212 on: April 14, 2016, 10:22:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

thoughts?

Screwy week for me, so i never got to throw my idea together, but this plan seems way less confusing than my unfinished one anyhow.  So it's most combined wins for the two series then? 
sounds like we have a winner for format.  2 rounds head to head then the 2 winners play the conference finals and finals to determine the winner.

Redz - will you be able to complete updates to your grid through the end of the season by Friday afternoon?  I figure everyone will need time to find out their seedings and make their picks in time for any games on Saturday.  If you can't that's fine, we'll go with the last standings you were able to compile and send out.

« Reply #20213 on: April 14, 2016, 10:47:04 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #20214 on: April 15, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Final standings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2dc4y9oFlrqT2N2X1dvaXJ3Q2s/view?usp=sharing
thanks for doing this Redz.  based on the grid, the seedings are:
1. Humble G
2. slamtheking
3. Timdawgg
4. Redz

Humble G is up first with his pick in the opening round.  Redz will get the opposing team.
I'll pick second and Timdawgg gets the opposing team. 

HG --> please post your team at your earliest opportunity to allow Redz time to see who he wants to put up.  I'll do the same once you've selected.  Remember, 2 rounds per head to head.

Good luck to everyone and I'm kicking myself for clueing HG into Kobe going off in his last game -- seems to have made the difference in the standings.

« Reply #20215 on: April 15, 2016, 11:42:35 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Final standings:

1. Humble G
2. slamtheking
3. Timdawgg
4. Redz

Humble G is up first with his pick in the opening round.  Redz will get the opposing team.

HG --> please post your team at your earliest opportunity to allow Redz time to see who he wants to put up.  I'll do the same once you've selected.  Remember, 2 rounds per head to head.

Good luck to everyone and I'm kicking myself for clueing HG into Kobe going off in his last game -- seems to have made the difference in the standings.

Thanks again Slam!!!!

Throwing a dart.......gonna pick a team thats prly going to get swept but I will be rooting for them(after the celtics of course).....

Give me The Memphis GRIZZLIES!!!!!

« Reply #20216 on: April 15, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Final standings:

1. Humble G
2. slamtheking
3. Timdawgg
4. Redz

Thanks again Slam!!!!

Throwing a dart.......gonna pick a team thats prly going to get swept but I will be rooting for them(after the celtics of course).....

Give me The Memphis GRIZZLIES!!!!!
ok - that gives Redz the Spurs.  Good luck to both of you.  Their series doesn't start until 8PM on Sunday so you each have until then to get your picks in for the first game. 

tough call for who's left.  there aren't any teams that scream out "defensive sieve".    I'll go with Toronto which gives Timdawgg the Pacers.  We'll have until 12:30PM tomorrow afternoon to get our picks in for game 1.

please post your picks here when you can.  I'll dig up the old formats used in prior years to keep tabs on everyone's progress.

any questions/complaints/thoughts -- let me know.

« Reply #20217 on: April 15, 2016, 03:45:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Spurs it is! 

So, in theory I could lose every game of the 7 game series and still play round 2, correct?  Say, for instance, I lose the first 4 games of this series and the Spurs/Grizz goes to 5 or more games, we keep picking right?  It's total wins for the two series?
Yup

« Reply #20218 on: April 15, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Slam, I think there is a separate playoff thread somewhere.
Yup

« Reply #20219 on: April 15, 2016, 03:47:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

2016 PAPOUG Playoffs

Round One

#1 - Humble G / Memphis Grizzlies

Cumulative total over/(under):
0 = 0)

Tied with

#4 - Redz / San Antonio Spurs

0 = 0

Game 1 - Sun, April 17, 8PM

Game 1 choice
     Game 1 choice

Game 2 - Tues, April 19, 9:30PM

Game 2 choice
     Game 2 choice

Game 3 - Fri, April 22  9:30pm

Game 3 choice
     Game 3 choice

Game 4 - Sun, April 24, 1 pm

Game 4 choice
     Game 4 choice

Game 5 - Tues, April 26,  TBD

if necessary
     if necessary

Game 6 - Thurs, April 28, TBD

if necessary
     if necessary

Game 7 - Sat, April 30, TBD

if necessary
     if necessary

(NBA - Grizzlies tied with Spurs 0-0)
(PAPOUG - Humble G tied with Redz 0-0, points 0.0)

#2 - Slamtheking / Toronto Raptors

0 = 0)

Tied with

#3 - Tiimdawgg / Indiana Pacers

0 = 0

Game 1 - Sat, April 16, 12:30PM

Game 1 choice
     Game 1 choice

Game 2 - Mon, April 18, 7PM

Game 2 choice
     Game 2 choice

Game 3 - Thurs, April 21  7:30pm

Game 3 choice
     Game 3 choice

Game 4 - Sat, April 23, 3 pm

Game 4 choice
     Game 4 choice

Game 5 - Tues, April 26,  TBD

if necessary
     if necessary

Game 6 - Fri, April 29, TBD

if necessary
     if necessary

Game 7 - Sun, May 1, TBD

if necessary
     if necessary

(NBA - Raptors tied with Pacers 0-0)
(PAPOUG - Slamtheking tied with Timdawgg 0-0, points 0.0)