Author Topic: I'm watching this right now. You should watch too  (Read 67615 times)

Re: I'm watching this right now. You should watch too
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2020, 09:59:28 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Kaguya-sama: Love Is War. The second season of the anime is out so you'll have a good number of episodes to munch on during the pandemic. There's almost 200 chapters' worth of manga as well!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2020, 10:03:38 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
With me “home schooling” the kids, I’m pretty up to date on Disney Channel and Nick Jr. shows.

Big City Greens is pretty awesome.  Or maybe I’m just decompensating.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2020, 11:33:44 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
So it turns out when Jim Croce wrote that song about Leroy Brown it was actually about Uthred Ragnarsson of Bebbanbure.

Just my two cents, but I'm hard pressed to think of a better program on Netflix right now than The Last Kingdom.  Every  season has delivered.  Honestly, I think it actually might be better than Game of Thrones.
Hmm, sounds interesting. Game of Thrones is dead to me after season 8, so getting something similar and good may help me wash the bad taste out of my mouth.
You’ll probably love The Last Kingdom! I like it more than Vikings. Less fantasy elements than GoT but similar gritty medieval storytelling

I think the reason I never started it was because it looked like Vikings. Vikings wasn't terrible, but it wasn't really worth keeping up with for me. Maybe I'll check it out based on these recommendations though.

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2020, 12:13:59 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So it turns out when Jim Croce wrote that song about Leroy Brown it was actually about Uthred Ragnarsson of Bebbanbure.

Just my two cents, but I'm hard pressed to think of a better program on Netflix right now than The Last Kingdom.  Every  season has delivered.  Honestly, I think it actually might be better than Game of Thrones.
Hmm, sounds interesting. Game of Thrones is dead to me after season 8, so getting something similar and good may help me wash the bad taste out of my mouth.
You’ll probably love The Last Kingdom! I like it more than Vikings. Less fantasy elements than GoT but similar gritty medieval storytelling

I think the reason I never started it was because it looked like Vikings. Vikings wasn't terrible, but it wasn't really worth keeping up with for me. Maybe I'll check it out based on these recommendations though.

I tried to get into Vikings but found it far too dull.

« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2020, 02:09:58 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
probably old news to a lot of people, but I watched part 1, 2, 3 and 4 of Money Heist.
Better than I expected it to be, although it got a bit formula-esque at points in part 3 and 4.

I give it a solid B+

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2020, 02:53:51 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The frist part was very good.. The second too but the ending was as you say formulaesque

The next two had some nice moments but it reminds me of prison break... It should end earlier..

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2020, 04:30:55 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Relevant to "the last dance"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUTCHscbZo

A docu about 1987 Yugoslavia team that won the Jr World Cup in Bormio

Kukoc, Radja,Divac etc.....

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2020, 07:39:04 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Penny Dreadful on Netflix..pretty darn good!! Love horror shows anyhow but great story lines and actors on this one..I’m halfway in season 2 now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2020, 07:50:10 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
I'm a sci fi guy, but for some reason had never seen Super 8.  The 2011 movie was written and directed by JJ Abrams and produced by Spielberg.  Pretty amazing CGI, especially a train wreck near the beginning of the movie.  Also, lots of good music.  If you like sci fi, it's worth watching despite starring a bunch of kids.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 07:56:38 AM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2020, 08:53:00 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just finished Upload on Amazon.  interesting concept.  a bit of humor and some intrigue thrown in.  enjoyed it.

« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2020, 09:30:42 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Watched Polar (Netflix Original) the other night.  Not high quality cinema or anything (action movies rarely are), but highly entertaining none-the-less.  I definitely didn't expect the twist at the end with the woman neighbor.

« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Penny Dreadful on Netflix..pretty darn good!! Love horror shows anyhow but great story lines and actors on this one..I’m halfway in season 2 now

I really liked that show.  There is a new version out on Showtime, city of Angels. I have only watched the first two episodes, but it seems promising.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The last hour of The Plot Against America was really gripping.  It sucks that it was the series finale.

« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2020, 04:30:50 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Since I have more time at nights, I have been watching a lot of different shows (one hour of show per night). These are the ones I have seen.

The Hunters (Amazon Prime)- Years after WWII, American Jews goes hunting for Nazis living in America. Loosely based on true events. Pretty good show with a nice twist. I'd recommend it.

Zero Zero Zero (Amazon Prime)- Different perspective of a major drug deal. It has the cocaine cartel gathering the product, the middle people in charge of bringing the product to Italy, and the Italian mafia and buyer. I like that is shows how globalized the drug trade is. Parts were kind of slow but overall, it was interesting. The theme music by itself is pretty amazing. I'd recommend it.

The English Game (Netflix)- Story about the early years of English soccer (1880's I think). It was Downtown Abbey meet soccer. The concept of the early game and the gentleman vs. working class was very interesting. I enjoyed the professionalization of the sport. However, there was a lot of drama and really slow moving (even for a 6 episode series). If you like soccer and history, I'd recommend it although don't bother.

The Counterpart (Starz)- Just started watching this show but it's a sci-fi about another identical dimension opening up 30 years prior. However, the longer time goes on, the more different each dimension is. Very interesting so far. JK Simmons is a good actor and the concept has me intrigued. Not done watching the show yet. Recommendation TBD.

Bonus: Extraction (Netflix)- Movie full of action. Not a Oscar worthy movie with great story telling, but cool action. Strongly recommend it as a mindless movie.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2020, 11:20:21 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Just finished the fourth season of The Last Kingdom on Netflix.