Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 111437 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #510 on: December 18, 2014, 05:49:03 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #511 on: December 18, 2014, 05:49:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW AINGE! WAY TO RUIN MY SPECIAL DAY!

Oh come on, relax. Have a good bday. This team will be better after the trade

« Reply #512 on: December 18, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Okay so the urgency is generated by the mini-trade deadline that comes tomorrow.

Morrey backed off that before, don't be shocked if Ainge does so as well.

« Reply #513 on: December 18, 2014, 05:50:10 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Whoa:

ESPN sources say Mavericks and Celtics are progressing toward completion of Rajon Rondo trade tonight

Marc Stein

« Reply #514 on: December 18, 2014, 05:51:01 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
Another update from Stein:

ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts

« Reply #515 on: December 18, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Knicks and lakers were asked to be part of 3 way that could of traded Rondo somewhere else.  I wonder to where?  Amare def would of been involved

« Reply #516 on: December 18, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Whoa:

ESPN sources say Mavericks and Celtics are progressing toward completion of Rajon Rondo trade tonight

Marc Stein

« Reply #517 on: December 18, 2014, 05:51:45 PM »

Offline nacceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
@ESPNSteinLine 
ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts

« Reply #518 on: December 18, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Regardless of who sourced his previously released info, these recent tweets are clearly not from sources within Boston's org. Perhaps they are thoroughly vetted sources, but sources from other teams nonetheless, and those teams want to see Ainge publicly pressured to make a decision.
Or they are, and someone with the Celtics is trying to lure a team that is not the Mavs to up their offer.

OTOH, Bulpett is talking about "league sources", so...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2014/12/celtics_likely_to_trade_rajon_rondo_within_days

Wow. Depressing stuff in that Bulpett link.

League sources are telling the Herald that the Celts are fully prepared and willing to make a move right now with their best player, believing that, despite what Rondo says about wanting to re-sign here when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer, it will be hard for the club to compete with more inviting situations elsewhere once he begins being recruited.

It was first thought that the Celtics were in no hurry to deal and would wait until the trade deadline to make a move if nothing was of great interest now, figuring that offers would, at the very least, not be getting any worse.

But word is the club has come to believe the opposite, that the offers they receive now may be the best they will get -- and could even diminish over the next several weeks.

The Celtics have also had the internal discussion about letting the year play out and, if no better options arise, allowing Rondo to simply leave as a free agent or trying to work a sign-and-trade, though that has all been removed as a viable option.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #519 on: December 18, 2014, 05:52:07 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
---------------------

I hate life...

« Reply #520 on: December 18, 2014, 05:52:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Boston - Copeland and Bargnani

Indiana - Rondo and Shumpert

New York - Hill and Scola

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pdslwrk

For us, we get two expirings (and I'm sure that we could get that 2015 picks from the Pacers, as well), Indiana gets its future starting guards who also have expiring deals, giving Bird even more financial flexibility (especially because he has a cheap owner.  Ugh.) to resign both of them, etc., and for New York, Hill may not be an expiring, but his length on defense and shooting ability would be a great fit for the triangle, imo, and Scola not only gives them another expiring contract, but he can also help to facilitate their offense as an excellent passing big man, presumably until they get Marc Gasol.  Thoughts?  I know it's not the best trade for us, but it's a great one for Rondo and Bird, and that team could be absolutely devastating.  I'd do it to see them prevent Lebron and Rose from ever reaching the Finals, lol.

« Reply #521 on: December 18, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Danny wont be done after. Too many players.  I would puke if nelson got mins.  Rather play pressey

« Reply #522 on: December 18, 2014, 05:52:30 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004

There's gotta be something else there.  That's terrible.

« Reply #523 on: December 18, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
  I think I want to punch Ainge in his face right now.   

« Reply #524 on: December 18, 2014, 05:53:28 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff

Danny wont be done after. Too many players.  I would puke if nelson got mins.  Rather play pressey

Wouldn't be surprised if Pressey and Powell were thrown in.