Author Topic: A reminder what Gordon Hayward brings to Bostons offense  (Read 1922 times)

Re: A reminder what Gordon Hayward brings to Bostons offense
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 01:35:23 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I think some people are also overlooking the fact that none of us know exactly how well he will play after missing a year. Hayward isn’t old but he is not a kid either in basketball terms. I think it is a mistake to assume he will just  go back to playing like he did in 2016.

Yeah, when Jordan first came back he was rusty and he didn't have a major injury.

Hayward fortunately doesn't use athleticism much to score, he doesn't jump high on his jump shot, and he plays at a slow pace and uses openings to get his shots off.

He's suppose to be able to go full speed at the end of July, gives him a couple months to get up to speed. I wont be surprised if it still takes a couple more months to be normal. Last thing to come back is lateral movement, so his D might be a bit weaker than it use to be. Good News is that PG13 came back from a similar injury, Haywards was better when it comes to best case to come back from this.

Whay we might see is a better shooting Hayward, and some one who plays the game better because of all the film Stevens made him break down.