Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24  (Read 6514 times)

Billz401, Wretch, Roy H. and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24
« Reply #465 on: Today at 12:06:07 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Not having seen the 1st half tonite (though I will eventually watch it), what changed ?
I'm sure our focus and intensity was much better - game 2 woke up the players' short attention spans for at least this game.
But schematically, did Joe pull his head out of his ass and stubbornly make a few adjustments, like pressuring the 3-point line on defense and moving the ball into the foul line area with the pass versus the zone on offense instead of the idiotic P&R 3-pointers from the perimeter.
(A junior high coach knows you don't attack a zone with ball screens and dribble penetrations).
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #466 on: Today at 12:11:20 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Not having seen the 1st half tonite (though I will eventually watch it), what changed ?
I'm sure our focus and intensity was much better - game 2 woke up the players' short attention spans for at least this game.
But schematically, did Joe pull his head out of his ass and stubbornly make a few adjustments, like pressuring the 3-point line on defense and moving the ball into the foul line area with the pass versus the zone on offense instead of the idiotic P&R 3-pointers from the perimeter.
(A junior high coach knows you don't attack a zone with ball screens and dribble penetrations).
Defense won the game. Getting over screens and when they couldn’t switching was about as good as it gets. Jrue while he didn’t score much was a middle linebacker with appropriate help and unlike last game the helper helped the helper. Perfect rotations. It was a masterclass on defense.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #467 on: Today at 12:18:35 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Like I said before the playoffs began...Celtics play Defense, Celtics Win....Oh and The Refs SUCKED....Bam gets to move his feet on every screen....and White got hit in the face like 3 times with no calls.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #468 on: Today at 12:19:49 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Can we admit yet that what the heat did in game 2 was historic? Also, late in their historic game we were still in it? I get it we played much more intensely defensively tonight, but can we not be all doom and gloom all the time?

« Reply #469 on: Today at 01:02:09 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
Can we admit yet that what the heat did in game 2 was historic? Also, late in their historic game we were still in it? I get it we played much more intensely defensively tonight, but can we not be all doom and gloom all the time?

You allow any nba team to shoot open 3-s you're just begging for history to be made.

Game.3.shows game 2 never should have happened.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #470 on: Today at 03:49:19 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
For Miami-Boston it's literally "home court DISADVANTAGE"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boston is 6-2 AT Miami in playoff games since 2022, but Miami is 6-3 at TD Garden in same span.

yup it is nuts. makes us winning game 4 even more important. go up 3-1 and hope to close out at home albeit as you said we are not good at home against miami
This team is not just good in home court at all

2018 - Lost to Cavs on their homecourt
2019 - Lost all the home games against Bucks in a gentleman sweep.
2022 - Lost in the finals in their home court
2023 - Lost game 7 against the Heat
LOL!!  How many players on this team were on the 2018 and 2019 teams.

Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Al Horford.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #471 on: Today at 03:50:49 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
For Miami-Boston it's literally "home court DISADVANTAGE"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Boston is 6-2 AT Miami in playoff games since 2022, but Miami is 6-3 at TD Garden in same span.

yup it is nuts. makes us winning game 4 even more important. go up 3-1 and hope to close out at home albeit as you said we are not good at home against miami

Yeah I think Game 5 is the most important one regardless. Like even if we win Game 4, if we lose Game 5 then things could get dicey as Miami has momentum going into Game 6 at home again. Obviously worst case is if we go back to Miami in Game 6 down 3-2.

One game at a time. But the C's really should just win the next two and end it in 5 games.

I did predict C's in 5.

But if these are the same 'ol Celtics that I've seen in the past...the C's may win Game 4 and then lose at home in Game 5. Then close them out at Miami in Game 6. Yes we'd win 3 straight at Miami again smh lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #472 on: Today at 06:31:12 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 177

Have you not heard the stat where they’ve had those historic performances against us multiple times in the playoffs the last few years?

« Reply #473 on: Today at 07:26:32 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Celtics will win next 2, that game 2 was a fluke, Heat couldn’t miss anything
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #474 on: Today at 10:14:04 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1373

Have you not heard the stat where they’ve had those historic performances against us multiple times in the playoffs the last few years?

I believe he means historic in that only 5 teams have shot 23+ 3s in a playoff game in the history of the NBA, but yes it's wise to be concerned that the Heat will do it again. Or figure out a different historic stat to break  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #475 on: Today at 11:16:33 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Celtics shot poorly from 3 yet dominated the game because of their defense. That is a good sign and how they need to play.

If they play with the same defensive intensity and the 3s start to fall then we should win next 2 games.

« Reply #476 on: Today at 11:21:30 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston is due for a good 3 point shooting game here soon. Games 2 and 3 they were way below their standards. That gives me some comfort heading into Game 4.

Defense was much better despite what Bam the Human Moving Screen said.

Cleveland v Orlando looking like a 7 game series.

It is about Boston. Boston vs themselves. Right mindset. Right effort and they win easily tomorrow. I wonder what Miami's next adjustment will be. The junk defenses have not worked. They have to shoot a massive clip from 3 to have any chance. Now what?