Author Topic: Ime really let the team down and I hope he's gone for good.  (Read 6789 times)

Re: Ime really let the team down and I hope he's gone for good.
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2022, 04:42:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
The way Matt Barnes tweeted , how he has heard more and longer supports Ime……maybe indicates Ime is in serious trouble and might not recover

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2022, 05:37:07 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'm not jumping to any conclusions or making much of any judgements without really knowing what happened.

The door is open for a pretty interesting situation next summer, though, with the Celtics having two head coaches.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2022, 05:53:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I have little pity for a man who had the best job in the world and p---ed it away for some sex.

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2022, 06:23:30 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
What Ime did was wrong, no two ways about that, and he should be punished. But we're all human, we make mistakes and especially when it comes to decisions of the heart...or anywhere else on the human anatomy. There was no forced sexual act here, it was consensual and between two single adults. No laws were broken, there were no injuries.   

The Celtics themselves handled this poorly, by not controlling the seriousness of the narrative, of which they themselves brought to the attention of the media. This could have been handled by a stiff fine and a ten game suspension. Rather than blowing up the entire season for millions of fans AND certain players with windows closing on careers...like Al Horford.

IMO this is an example of the organization protecting the organization against charges of not acting politically correct? To heck with us, the players and the City of Boston. The organization now looks somehow gallant in the their over-response.     

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2022, 06:26:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What Ime did was wrong, no two ways about that, and he should be punished. But we're all human, we make mistakes and especially when it comes to decisions of the heart...or anywhere else on the human anatomy. There was no forced sexual act here, it was consensual and between two single adults. No laws were broken, there were no injuries.   

The Celtics themselves handled this poorly, by not controlling the seriousness of the narrative, of which they themselves brought to the attention of the media. This could have been handled by a stiff fine and a ten game suspension. Rather than blowing up the entire season for millions of fans AND certain players with windows closing on careers...like Al Horford.

IMO this is an example of the organization protecting the organization against charges of not acting politically correct? To heck with us, the players and the City of Boston. The organization now looks somehow gallant in the their over-response.   
Comments like this, without keeping up to date on the events that have unfolded, are just weird. Shams has reported that it began as consensual, but the advances became unwanted and Ime was asked to stop.

Thinking of the fans / the players instead of the women employed by the organisation (of which there are many) is not a good suggestion.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2022, 06:31:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Ime did this. It's all on him. He totally let down the Celtics fans and the organization. Ime threw away the best job in the world and it's no one else's fault.

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2022, 07:09:36 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
You all are way over valuing coaches. IME wa slucky in that they got healthy and squeezed the bench at right time.

There are so many great coaches. They are all good. There are few great players. We will be fine.

IME over valued his worth and got caught up in his own power. He should go, and probably will when smoke clears and media falls away. Celtics will be fine. IME is nothing special. He was someone in the right place at the right time.

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2022, 07:32:19 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Seems like a long suspension if there was any chance of Ime coming back, but just looking at what we do know, he’s most likely gone.

Why? Well, it’s pretty clear that he got hit with a long suspension because the Celtics as an org have to spend a lot of time and money doing an internal investigation.

The problem is that they don’t have a long time because training camp is right around the corner. And someone leaked this news, so you have public pressure as well.

So: they suspend him to keep him away from the team in the meantime, because they can always fire him later - but they can’t fire him and then ‘downgrade’ the firing to a suspension.

If they just fire him, they are opening themselves up to retaliatory lawsuits: one investigation wrapped which gave them enough evidence to suspend him, but now the legal folks will work on putting together a bulletproof case to fire him with cause.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2022, 09:21:35 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
He’s definitely gone for good. He ruined the lives of all those female staffers that Ainge hired. Tough to come back from that. Sorry will never cut it. He’s replaceable

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2022, 09:41:36 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
I hope the players realize that Ime is at fault here. The last hing we need is for players to be disgruntled with Ime’s suspension to the point of not wanting to stay with the Celtics organization.

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2022, 10:33:13 PM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
I hope the players realize that Ime is at fault here. The last hing we need is for players to be disgruntled with Ime’s suspension to the point of not wanting to stay with the Celtics organization.

But will that really matter if they liked him. They spend a lot of time together . Regardless of the look and bad he didnt murder anyone so players may well not be happy with this. Has any of them commented? Likely muted by the team if they even wanted to.

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2022, 10:54:54 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
He is most likely done as an NBA coach---who would hire him now?.....You wanna be the team that put your female staff at risk??
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2022, 11:00:42 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Not knowing all of the facts, I still support Ime.  If all this was was poor judgment, I think we can show him some grace.

When I first heard this report, I thought, "a one year suspension for a personal matter that was consensual" ?
Why is there any punishment at all ? I get the part about the potential for problems when it involves a top person in an organization being involved with a subordinate. Still, seemed way out of line.

So I mostly agree with Roy, UNLESS ...........
Ime's behavior was carried out over a long period and he was warned about continuing several times, or
There were repeated, unwanted efforts by Ime to continue the relationship against the woman's wishes, or
Ime was involved with more than one woman within the organization and it became a repeated distraction.

If Udoka continued chronic, problematic behavior (fox in the henhouse behavior) over most of the season and was asked to stop but continued, then he did act selfishly and put his personal desires in front of team success and he should be gone.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2022, 11:31:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
You all are way over valuing coaches. IME wa slucky in that they got healthy and squeezed the bench at right time.

There are so many great coaches. They are all good. There are few great players. We will be fine.

IME over valued his worth and got caught up in his own power. He should go, and probably will when smoke clears and media falls away. Celtics will be fine. IME is nothing special. He was someone in the right place at the right time.

This is an interesting take.  I am not sure I agree 100%, I think that coaches matter, but you are probably right that they matter less than our players.  It is really hard to say how much of last year's 2nd half of the season was from Ime, or from the team or from a combo...??

I guess we will find out soon enough.   But no matter what, this type of negative experience, and upheaval is bad for the team.  Eventually Tatum and Brown are going to have to field questions about Ime, and it will be an ongoing distraction, especially if the team has a rough first few weeks without timelord.

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2022, 11:54:32 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
So, can he is being replaced by this? Is this serious? Wow, Somehow not feeling good about anything anymore.

• Mazzulla was arrested on a domestic battery charge in 2009 in Morgantown, West Virginia, where he allegedly grabbed a woman by the neck. Steven said that they vetted the situation before hiring Mazzulla and that he takes full responsibility for the incident.