Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 58587 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2022, 02:08:01 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Yeah, unless we get some really serious details on this, I'm not buying the full season suspension... that's beyond dumb for having an affair. A consensual one at that.
This seems like a naive interpretation. Power dynamics make consent murky at best and impossible at worst. It creates a terrible environment for women, with a narrative that sleeping with the coach is a way to get ahead. Having an affair with someone you have power over is a huge no-no, and will get you canned from basically any job you can think of.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2022, 02:11:37 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Woj said he could be suspended the entire season.
What is the point of retaining him then? Having someone else coach us for the entire season, regardless of result, makes Udoka's position untenable.

I gotta think Brad, who seems to be a very honourable and dedicated family man, will be seething at this.

We don’t wanna lose the players who believe in Udoka, and may not see this as a big deal. And people can make mistakes and redeem themselves. People are sick of people not being given second chances. You sell it as a serious suspension for the year, but we believe in second chances. Maybe Udoka survives the public backlash and the players buy-in when Stevens is made head coach again. We can save the season and Udoka with a one year suspension for Udoka and the comeback of a tanned, rested and ready Brad Stevens, who built the roster and is now going to coach/manage the roster. Just like Bill Belichick.

« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2022, 02:14:40 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yeah, unless we get some really serious details on this, I'm not buying the full season suspension... that's beyond dumb for having an affair. A consensual one at that.
This seems like a naive interpretation. Power dynamics make consent murky at best and impossible at worst. It creates a terrible environment for women, with a narrative that sleeping with the coach is a way to get ahead. Having an affair with someone you have power over is a huge no-no, and will get you canned from basically any job you can think of.

I couldn't care less.

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2022, 02:19:03 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

There is the possibility it is a member of the front office staff, so the power dynamics are murky but possibly tolerated by the general public (particularly with a suspension of a year).

« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2022, 02:19:39 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

I couldn't care less.
You couldn't care less about making a terrible work environment for women? Okaaaaaaaaaay... Not only that, but like I said in my previous post, the fact that he is risking jeopardizing our season for an affair makes me question his commitment to the team.

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2022, 02:20:15 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This season's trending in the wrong direction and it hasn't even begun.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2022, 02:23:03 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I couldn't care less.
You couldn't care less about making a terrible work environment for women? Okaaaaaaaaaay... Not only that, but like I said in my previous post, the fact that he is risking jeopardizing our season for an affair makes me question his commitment to the team.

No, I couldn't care less about an affair. The rest is pure conjecture on your part.

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2022, 02:25:40 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
What is the point of retaining him then? Having someone else coach us for the entire season, regardless of result, makes Udoka's position untenable.

I gotta think Brad, who seems to be a very honourable and dedicated family man, will be seething at this.

We don’t wanna lose the players who believe in Udoka, and may not see this as a big deal. And people can make mistakes and redeem themselves. People are sick of people not being given second chances. You sell it as a serious suspension for the year, but we believe in second chances. Maybe Udoka survives the public backlash and the players buy-in when Stevens is made head coach again. We can save the season and Udoka with a one year suspension for Udoka and the comeback of a tanned, rested and ready Brad Stevens, who built the roster and is now going to coach/manage the roster. Just like Bill Belichick.
He could get booted cause of cancel culture. People here are not going to like me saying that but is a real thing.

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2022, 02:30:59 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

I couldn't care less.

No, I couldn't care less about an affair. The rest is pure conjecture on your part.
"Conjecture" okay, I guess every corporation that has these strict rules in place are just uptight puritans who need to get with the times. Totally not a massive liability for any company that allows even a sniff of potential quid pro quo affairs.

« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2022, 02:33:52 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I couldn't care less.

"Conjecture" okay, I guess every corporation that has these strict rules in place are just uptight puritans who need to get with the times. Totally not a massive liability for any company that allows even a sniff of potential quid pro quo affairs.

That's a problem for the organization to deal with it however they think best. ME personally couldn't give 2 craps about someone having an affair. YOU don't know the details of what is happening here either, so yes... at this moment in time, all you have is pure conjecture.

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2022, 02:35:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I couldn't care less.
Attitudes like this have led to innumerable instances of abuses of power get swept under the rug.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2022, 02:37:21 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I couldn't care less.
Attitudes like this have led to innumerable instances of abuses of power get swept under the rug.
No. People ignoring when someone abuses their power is what gets swept under the rug. People not caring about 2 consensual adults having an affair is just that. If other details surface on this, then sure. But all we have to go for on here is that they had a consensual affair.

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2022, 02:54:56 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

I've been seeing this theory on Reddit, that perhaps the one year suspension is giving Ime the chance to save face and resign? If that's the case, welcome to our new head coach Joe Mazzulla.

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2022, 03:19:06 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
This season's trending in the wrong direction and it hasn't even begun.

It's suddenly gloom and doom even in the off-season. Once the season starts, oh man...no Gallo, no Rob, no Udoka the defensive mindset guy.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2022, 03:21:34 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I can’t imagine cheating on Nia Long. Maybe they have an open relationship. Maybe this was with someone very high up in the front office, meaning there’s no power dynamics.

Udoka can survive the above and the season can be saved with Stevens. But they better give a full year suspension, or the cancel culture commies will probably take him out…