Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 58411 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #465 on: September 23, 2022, 11:23:36 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I get it, to protect privacy and the victims they won't say much, but I'm still confused. They're making it sound like either Ime didn't do much OR that there's a lot more involved, which if it's the latter then honestly maybe there's more of this stuff going on with the higher-ups in Boston and Ime was the ultimate scapegoat for everything. Idk
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #466 on: September 23, 2022, 11:25:21 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I get it, to protect privacy and the victims they won't say much, but I'm still confused. They're making it sound like either Ime didn't do much OR that there's a lot more involved, which if it's the latter then honestly maybe there's more of this stuff going on with the higher-ups in Boston and Ime was the ultimate scapegoat for everything. Idk

From this press conference, I'm not getting the sense that either Wyc or Brad believes that "Ime didn't do much".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #467 on: September 23, 2022, 11:25:59 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

From this press conference, I'm not getting the sense that either Wyc or Brad believes that "Ime didn't do much".

Exactly, which makes me further believe it's more than just Ime. OR Ime did something super serious but in that case, why not just fire him outright? They've also protected the victim in this entire thing which makes me think Ime is 100% in the wrong here. Otherwise if the victim is "just as guilty' why not bring her up and not just Ime.

Okay I'll stop. There's still A LOT we don't know and I won't speculate or make guesses until we find out.

« Reply #468 on: September 23, 2022, 11:28:25 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Exactly, which makes me further believe it's more than just Ime. OR Ime did something super serious but in that case, why not just fire him outright? They've also protected the victim in this entire thing which makes me think Ime is 100% in the wrong here. Otherwise if the victim is "just as guilty' why not bring her up and not just Ime.

Okay I'll stop. There's still A LOT we don't know and I won't speculate or make guesses until we find out.
Probably related to contract and money. I think the suspension buys them time to have the lawyers negotiate and I suspect both parties will agree to go separate ways at some point in the near future.

« Reply #469 on: September 23, 2022, 11:32:52 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Wyc confirmed Udoka committed multiple violations

Also said Udoka will have significant financial penalty.

« Reply #470 on: September 23, 2022, 11:39:40 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Thought Brad really handled that presser well. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #471 on: September 23, 2022, 11:40:19 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Will add to what Roy posted: Wyc said that there’s nobody else in the organization facing a penalty.

Ime’s suspension will result in a significant net financial penalty.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #472 on: September 23, 2022, 11:42:33 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Thought Brad really handled that presser well.

Couldn’t watch it live.  If anyone finds a link with recording, please share.

« Reply #473 on: September 23, 2022, 11:43:39 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

Phantom what they are saying is that they can’t say much, not that they didn’t want think Ime didn’t do much. They suspended him for a year and thought it was an appropriate penalty and Wyc said Ime was appreciative of how it was handled (i.e. he was probably thankful he wasn’t fired) and he is facing a significant financial penalty so I think they feel that what Ime did (multiple violations) was pretty wrong.

As to why they didn’t fire him, he was asked that question and he said that after considerable discussion it was decided that a year suspension felt like an appropriate penalty.

« Reply #474 on: September 23, 2022, 11:45:10 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Phantom what they are saying is that they can’t say much, not that they didn’t want think Ime didn’t do much. They suspended him for a year and thought it was an appropriate penalty and Wyc said Ime was appreciative of how it was handled (i.e. he was probably thankful he wasn’t fired) and he is facing a significant financial penalty so I think they feel that what Ime did (multiple violations) was pretty wrong.

Thanks, yeah that makes sense. TP

I was trying to listen to as much as possible but the clinics are also pretty busy lol and obviously I don't think they'd like if I was just listening to something the whole time  :P

« Reply #475 on: September 23, 2022, 11:52:42 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1673
One of my takeaways from this is the belief that we, as a culture, need to move away from the power we've given Twitter and other social media. 

Everybody feels entitled to real-time updates on anybody within earshot of the situation whenever something like this comes up, and it's given rise to this rampant, baseless mudslinging and speculation by wannabe insiders trying to be 'noticed'.  I'm talking more about irresponsible rumormongers than I am scoop artists like Woj and Shams, though they certainly aren't blameless with the way they rush to break stories despite having less than half of the information.  Just leaves people room to fill in the blanks themselves.  And that does real harm to real people. 

It's time for this crap to stop. 

« Reply #476 on: September 23, 2022, 11:52:51 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ime committed multiple violations per independent law firm investigation. This is why it took so long.

Ime will never coach in Boston again. I do believe there was a harassment element on his part that ultimately made this decision this large.

They should have fired him. Yesterday it was the national media saying the penalty was too harsh today the same media saying he needs to be fired. Crazy.

« Reply #477 on: September 23, 2022, 11:57:04 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Ime committed multiple violations per independent law firm investigation. This is why it took so long.

Ime will never coach in Boston again. I do believe there was a harassment element on his part that ultimately made this decision this large.

They should have fired him. Yesterday it was the national media saying the penalty was too harsh today the same media saying he needs to be fired. Crazy.

Shams confirmed that there was a harrassment element. It started as consensual but at some point, he made unwanted comments towards her.

I think the team handled it correctly internally. That had potential to turn into a really ugly situation that could've left the team open to a lawsuit.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #478 on: September 23, 2022, 12:01:11 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
One of my takeaways from this is the belief that we, as a culture, need to move away from the power we've given Twitter and other social media. 

Everybody feels entitled to real-time updates on anybody within earshot of the situation whenever something like this comes up, and it's given rise to this rampant, baseless mudslinging and speculation by wannabe insiders trying to be 'noticed'.  I'm talking more about irresponsible rumormongers than I am scoop artists like Woj and Shams, though they certainly aren't blameless with the way they rush to break stories despite having less than half of the information.  Just leaves people room to fill in the blanks themselves.  And that does real harm to real people. 

It's time for this crap to stop.

That's social media. I often think it does much more harm than good.

« Reply #479 on: September 23, 2022, 12:01:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Shams confirmed that there was a harrassment element. It started as consensual but at some point, he made unwanted comments towards her.

I think the team handled it correctly internally. That had potential to turn into a really ugly situation that could've left the team open to a lawsuit.

If ignored it turns into the suns 2.0.
Celtics did the best they could and handled it as quickly as their could.