Author Topic: Udoka Facing Suspension/Udoka to Nets??  (Read 57398 times)

Re: Udoka Facing Suspension
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2022, 12:00:05 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I really doubt its tampering, that kind of this is a league issue not a team rules issue. Punishment would come from the league office, and teams tamper as much as they can all the time and never voluntarily admit it.

But to be serious enough for a "significant suspension" but not to be fired sure is a strange category.

Its gotta be a personal conduct thing.

Side Note: Woj and his breaking news is starting to get VERY annoying. If you're a reporter, maybe try finding the ACTUAL NEWS (ie, what idoka did) rather than rushing to report what is essentially "he did...something" just for the sake of being first.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 12:06:27 AM by keevsnick »

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2022, 12:08:18 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
I’m putting money on inappropriate comments and/or behavior somehow associated with Timelord having to do surgery now rather than doing the surgery two months ago. The medical staff may have botched something and Ime may have reacted inappropriately for whatever reason(s).   

Or perhaps he lost his cool with the 3-4 players on the bench who are not NBA-caliber players. It’s so stupid not bringing in vets at the minimum instead of these scrubs. Perhaps any coach could go Bobby Knight on one of those clowns, especially after hearing Timelord is down.

Either one of the above scenarios is definitely something he and we can come back from. MJ’s last dance season started without Pippen. We can get through this.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 12:14:44 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2022, 12:11:13 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155

Every Celtics fan right now
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2022, 12:11:49 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
“Significant time off” is also confusing. It could be what 15 days? A month? It wouldn’t be that bad if that’s the case.

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2022, 12:13:55 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
“Significant time off” is also confusing. It could be what 15 days? A month? It wouldn’t be that bad if that’s the case.

Significant suspension to me means 3 months...otherwise drop the significant and I'll assume its 1-3 games and some rehab/retrain.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2022, 12:15:24 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Significant suspension to me means 3 months...otherwise drop the significant and I'll assume its 1-3 games and some rehab/retrain.

yeah that makes me think 30-40 game suspension.

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2022, 12:19:59 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Upset that Caboclo was in the team’s training facility, he angrily pushed Bruno off the court.  Unfortunately he didn’t see Rob coming down the hallway, and Bruno tumbled into Rob’s knee, reinjuring it.  Bruno asked for and was granted his release after the incident.

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2022, 12:24:04 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
If it's tampering, I don't care.  Stop getting caught.  But everybody does it, players most of all.  Not about to get on my soapbox about that.

Tampering doesn't sound like an internal issue though.  Not sure what it might be.  I'm not really up on what internal rules are even in effect during the offseason that Udoka could have broken.

Wish we could get away from this "be the first to break the story, even if there's no story yet" crap though.  Woj has half of the info or less, yet here we are anyway.

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2022, 12:25:09 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I’m putting money on inappropriate comments and/or behavior somehow associated with Timelord having to do surgery now rather than doing the surgery two months ago. The medical staff may have botched something and Ime may have reacted inappropriately for whatever reason(s).   

Or perhaps he lost his cool with the 3-4 players on the bench who are not NBA-caliber players. It’s so stupid not bringing in vets at the minimum instead of these scrubs. Perhaps any coach could go Bobby Knight on one of those clowns, especially after hearing Timelord is down.

Either one of the above scenarios is definitely something he and we can come back from. MJ’s last dance season started without Pippen. We can get through this.

You're projecting.

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2022, 12:25:45 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Let's hope his replacement pulls a Luke Walton.  24-0 sounds mighty good to me.

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2022, 12:32:51 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Lots of twitter gossip that its a physical altercation/drug bender.

Honestly, after last year's playoffs, I think that is totally reasonable.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2022, 12:37:36 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Knowing Ime’s character and personality, some sort of fight or altercation seems totally reasonable. The question is who would it be? It’d have to be someone in the organization I would think to warrant a “significant suspension” like this.

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2022, 12:38:10 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
People keep mentioning tampering as a possibility, but wouldn’t that be a league issue? I’m guessing it’s an inappropriate relationship with another staff member, a physical altercation with another staff member or player. Would be surprised if a verbal altercation would cause a significant suspension. Feel like if it was drugs they would have just swept it under the rug.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 12:55:15 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2022, 12:41:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Wonder what impact this will have on team morale.

Probably will depend on the violation.

This was the last thing I expected to read about.

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2022, 12:42:33 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

For a fight to cause a 'signifcant suspension' without being fired, he either had to mess someone up pretty bad or hit someone you don't hit (like Brad or ownership). Seems unlikely to me.  A drug problem might make sense - but he'd probably be the one to announce he was stepping away and the team would be supporting him.

I'm still leaning towards the innapropriate relationship.